English Paper 1 Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
to be honest I do see the difficulty in this years' texts specifically how it requires you to dig deeper and find more nuanced ideas and avoid stating obvious general statements. the texts itself seem bland but there is actually a lot of meaning. also it makes me disgusted to see that the author of one of the extracts got bullied off of deleting his post - like come on, put that energy to studying smfh
Fax, even tho I studied for it, it felt nothing like Paper 1 from 2020 or 2019.😕

icycledough

HSC
So if I'm right, the general consensus is that Section 1 was more difficult than previous years (in terms of what the texts were asking you to analyse) while Section 2 (the essay) was to quite a generic questions, thus, making it easier than previous years (especially easier than 2019, not too much more than 2020)

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
In addition, did anyone’s school combine paper 1 and paper 2? For trials? Our school did and, majority of disadvantaged and disappointed at that decision, so we had to reseat for Paper 2 on the day after. Also we had to completely skip the text and human experiences, which really disappointed majority of us because that’s like one of the ways to getting higher marks within the HSC.

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
Also anyone who might of felt nervous and panicked in the first paper, don’t panic in the second papers you got this, you saw today the caliber of the HSC today now prove that tomorrow. Stay passive and don’t stress, keep going Class of 2021!

saying this because we had students crying after the exams..

O01x

HSC
Kinda worried right now about what happened today. Was Q1-4 and Q4-5 meant to be torn apart or together? I tore them apart since they each had their own boxes for the NESA number I'm not really sure now I think people kept them together..

ittehadahmed03

HSC
Very nice reading stimulus in the paper today like bruh that rock/quartz question and the dog tweezers one also Katherine. I swear these papers filled with controversy.

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
Kinda worried right now about what happened today. Was Q1-4 and Q4-5 meant to be torn apart or together? I tore them apart since they each had their own boxes for the NESA number I'm not really sure now I think people kept them together..
Paper one doesn’t mean it’s the end of the world, you can comeback massively in Paper 2

liv888

HSC
I tore them apart and then stapled it together afterwards, but I assume if u wrote ur nesa number and centre number you'll be fine honestly.

It was the biggest struggle trying to figure out if I was allowed to rip it or not my supervisor just left me to struggle 😭

notme123

HSC
It was the biggest struggle trying to figure out if I was allowed to rip it or not my supervisor just left me to struggle 😭
cant emphasise this enoughhhh.
i didnt know if i could rip the stimulus and wasted 5 minutes pondering whether i could

O01x

HSC
I tore them apart and then stapled it together afterwards, but I assume if u wrote ur nesa number and centre number you'll be fine honestly.

I asked them to restaple it but they couldnt find any so there's a chance it gets mixed up amongst the papers

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
would yall look down on someone who used to be good at eng and stuff but is now struggling to find the will to study because of severe grief? bc thats me lmao
I honestly regret choosing Standard instead of EALD, I understand that there is a listening component but I found it easy in Year 9 & 10 and misjudged it for Y11 and 12

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)