English Paper 2 Predictions & Thoughts (3 Viewers)

mikrokosmos

HSC
yeah :( i'm staying up till 12 and studying tomorrow from 7:30-9

my friend is literally sleeping now and is gonna wake up at 3 to study

Anaya R

HSC
is anyone else extremely stuffed like im just learning my analysis now and im stressed so its not sticking???!
Write out the quotes and techniques on a piece of paper. Read it out loud as you write.
Then have some sleep and in the morning, do that again.
Hopefully you'll remember at least part of it...
BUT DO NOT STRESS! If you do, you'll be less likely to remember it. Just take deep breaths and remain calm :)
and most importantly, do not compromise on sleep!

icycledough

HSC
for instance, my analysis is

"Hal is constructed as pragmatic with this [i had discussed earlier] in, "If all the year...but rare accidents."

where the actual quote is

If all the year were playing holidays,
To sport would be as tedious as to work;
But when they seldom come........ etcetc
So I don't remember now what the play is about (it happens when it's been a year since you've thrown out your books), but if you can encapsulate the important ideas in your quote, then an ellipsis should be fine. Obviously, with the example you gave above with the "mighty ... to be fear'd", if you are going to put an ellipsis for one missing word, you may as well just include it, which you would obviously know. But for other instances, it should be fine.

icycledough

HSC
yeah :( i'm staying up till 12 and studying tomorrow from 7:30-9

my friend is literally sleeping now and is gonna wake up at 3 to study
That's definitely much better (getting 7.5 hours of sleep) then what your friend is planning to do. For future though, please don't sleep till 3am or sometime ridiculous in the morning and stay up without getting the right sleep. I can't reinforce enough how important quality sleep is. You will find it very difficult to retain information, and worse, you will feel like dozing off or sleeping in the exam, which is the last thing you want.

mikrokosmos

HSC
All night I kept waking up in cold sweats and my heart racing and tears brimming as my mind kept yelling at me “THE WORLD HAS RAISED ITS WHIP WHERE WILL IT LAND (hellish imagery, visceral)”

(mod a quotes)

icycledough

HSC
Good luck for everyone doing Paper 2 today ... only a few hours till English is finally done

icycledough

HSC
That doesn't sound good ... what were each of the questions like for the 3 modules?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)