English Techniques (1 Viewer)

-USERNAME-

HSC
yep hey everyone, trying to analyse Frankenstein and realised that i only have knowledge of really basic techniques eg. metaphor, alliteration, similies, intertextuality etc. So pretty much useless for trying to write a complex essay on it haha
I was wondering if anyone knew a website of techniques with definitions or a way to find new, more advanced ones?
Thanks for any help and good luck with everyone's upcoming trials

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
yep hey everyone, trying to analyse Frankenstein and realised that i only have knowledge of really basic techniques eg. metaphor, alliteration, similies, intertextuality etc. So pretty much useless for trying to write a complex essay on it haha
I was wondering if anyone knew a website of techniques with definitions or a way to find new, more advanced ones?
Thanks for any help and good luck with everyone's upcoming trials
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=63912

madharris

HSC
N/A
It's not about your knowledge of techniques, it's how you use them!

If you use aliteration (which everyone know's and is one you learn in year 7), however you state its effect and how it relates to your thesis/topic sentence then you will get an amazing mark! It's not solely about the technique but how the composer uses that technique to explore whatever themes you're using

However in saying that, you do need to know a few techniques as you can't keep using the same one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)