English Trials (1 Viewer)

HSC
Oh yeah, we got ours back: i did fairly average in multiple choice, but rocked every other section!

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
I did the same trial with the Golden Compass and for the writing was a Govt speech and childhood memory. Damn I wish I had read this thread before doing the exam.

Screwed up multiple choice but did fairly well in the writing sections.

speedofsound

HSC
Does anyone remember what the answer to this q. in the Golden Compass section was? "What is the purpose of the images at the top of the advertisement?" or something like that and the choices were to show scenes from the movie, emphasise the famous actors in the movie, etc.

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A
speedofsound said:
Does anyone remember what the answer to this q. in the Golden Compass section was? "What is the purpose of the images at the top of the advertisement?" or something like that and the choices were to show scenes from the movie, emphasise the famous actors in the movie, etc.
It was to add to the movie's appeal.

mijoe

HSC
smushieex said:
My school had a printed ad for Skittles. It had like a bungee jumping cow. T_T
Then we had to write up a radio interview and some other random creative writing thing.
ME TOO!

pakipride94

HSC
i did the same trial. hey ladyloser u remind of someone who writes l's all over tables in the class. anyways my story was about a child who develops typhoid in his childhood then the doctors tell him his going to die. looking in to the present he says i always wanted to grow up to do so much with my life now im going to die.

ha ha i feel so relieved trials dont count towards scholarship or otherwise lady loser you needed 99 for maths.ha ha

DALiE. (:

HSC
N/A
pakipride94 said:
i did the same trial. hey ladyloser u remind of someone who writes l's all over tables in the class. anyways my story was about a child who develops typhoid in his childhood then the doctors tell him his going to die. looking in to the present he says i always wanted to grow up to do so much with my life now im going to die.

ha ha i feel so relieved trials dont count towards scholarship or otherwise lady loser you needed 99 for maths.ha ha
you're in yr 9, right?
so why did you do the SC trials?

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Ohhh fudge! :(
I got heaps of those wrong by the looks of it.
Noooot looking forward to getting my marks back.

THat one about concrete slabs lay basking in the sun or whatever was SO PERSONIFICATION!! As if it wasn't?! Ugh.
And the point of the article was to convice people to BUY the Dvd? That's ridiculous! It sounded like just to watch the movie to me.
And commemorate was to honour? I thought it was to pay respects to. D:

Psh.
Ridiculous english multiple choice.
:(

Wow, I really don't want mine back now.

--
On maths, I think I had the same trials as someone else here. One with some questions about a farm and sheep/hectare and profit and such? Also about the net of a rectangle, and one on the area of an icecream cone shape?
I haven't got that back either.
My teachers are so slow to mark things.

DALiE. (:

HSC
N/A
Deer said:
On maths, I think I had the same trials as someone else here. One with some questions about a farm and sheep/hectare and profit and such? Also about the net of a rectangle, and one on the area of an icecream cone shape?
Thats the one I did.

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A
Deer said:
Yea I had that maths paper also. Got 94% btw what skool u go to?

Deer said:
Ohhh fudge! :(

THat one about concrete slabs lay basking in the sun or whatever was SO PERSONIFICATION!! As if it wasn't?! Ugh.
And the point of the article was to convice people to BUY the Dvd? That's ridiculous! It sounded like just to watch the movie to me.

Psh.
Ridiculous english multiple choice.
:(

Wow, I really don't want mine back now.
I'm glad to see someone who agrees with me about the ambiguous multiple choice.

-----------------------

EDIT: Ooops. I just remembered our science teacher saying how after 2mrw (which is thursday), the security period will be over. Apparently, there's this 'security period' during which none of the "independent" exam paper answers are to be discussed as some skools may have yet to do the test. lol

lol Our skool science teachers just started marking the multiple choice for science. Apparently they spent 3 days discussing the "verbs" of the question and the required level of detail, e.g evaluate.

Last edited:

speedofsound

HSC
Deer said:
I think it's because it was a DVD advertisement. Somewhere at the end it said "buy the DVD today" or something.

speedofsound

HSC
So, we'll be getting our papers back on Monday, it seems. My teacher said to us all today that the multiple choice was definitely very hard, and our marks reflected that lol. Although it is comforting to know that no one did spectacularly well. However, in brighter news, apparently I got a 19 or 20/20 for that creative piece. Pretty surprised, my story sucked.

DALiE. (:

HSC
N/A
speedofsound said:
So, we'll be getting our papers back on Monday, it seems. My teacher said to us all today that the multiple choice was definitely very hard, and our marks reflected that lol. Although it is comforting to know that no one did spectacularly well. However, in brighter news, apparently I got a 19 or 20/20 for that creative piece. Pretty surprised, my story sucked.
My teacher said the exact same thing. :/

senorita05

HSC
the multiple choice is out of 45 ... it's do-able
there is some stuff on speech [n] short story about urself

DALiE. (:

HSC
N/A
Yea, it makes me feel much better knowing that nearly everyone who sat that test found it hard. :)

DutchessDeluded

HSC
DALiE. (: said:
Yea, it makes me feel much better knowing that nearly everyone who sat that test found it hard. :)

llloolll yeah our teacher said that cause no1 ansered the speech qwestion properly she marked us all easy...so luky us :D

Brontecat

HSC
smushieex said:
My school had a printed ad for Skittles. It had like a bungee jumping cow. T_T
Then we had to write up a radio interview and some other random creative writing thing.
same but the week before we did the golden compass one with the speech to practice for our trials

our teacher didn't give us the golden compass one as our trial (that counted as our yearlies) cause she said most of our class would die if we had to do that much reading in it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)