• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

English Tuition (Adv/Ext/Ext2) and group lectures! (1 Viewer)

TheMelissa

God Complex
HSC
Experienced English tutor available to teach Adv/Ext1/Ext2 for HSC 09!

Welcome, Class of 2009!

HSC English Exam Marks
Graduated 2007, Sydney Girls High School
* Advanced English - 94/100
* Extension 1 English - 50/50
* Extension 2 English - 49/50

Currently employed as a Senior/HSC English tutor at Fiona's Education

I'm an experienced English tutor available to teach HSC and Prelim students within Sydney CBD and the innerwest. My students demonstrate remarkable improvement within English as I tutor based on tried and true methods. Many have completed HSC 08 and are confident that they have achieved excellent results under my methods!

My teaching style is highly personalised and it goes beyond the hours that you pay for-- my 08 students can vouch for this. I've been known to nag you into emailing me draft essays for marking.

Do NOT be daunted by "new" Area of Study and the "different" syllabus. Rather, put yourself (and your English marks!) in the hands of a capable and experienced tutor who's willing to go above and beyond to get you through the year with flying colours. When the BoS decide it's time to shake up the syllabus and turn it on its head, you need an experienced tutor with an active and developed understanding of HSC English to guide you through.

Given sufficient notice, I am available to tutor all modules and texts under the new syllabus.

My rates are competitive and negotiable, as is my timetable. I'm happy to tutor groups of 3-4 students (enquire about group discounts!)

Questions? Samples of my work? Forward all enquiries to Mel.Kwak1989(at)gmail(dot)com.

Regards,
Melissa

I also offer one day group lectures for the course and texts of your choice. These lectures are heavily discounted, so they're available only to groups of five of more and require at least one month's notice. They involve a one day lecture, powerpoint presentation, notes and email correspondence for the duration of your HSC.

Note: Unfortunately, I do not offer tuition for Standard or ESL English.

Last edited:

TheMelissa

God Complex
HSC
Danger said:
where are you located?
Hey there! I'm located in Strathfield but I'm happy to travel, so long as it's within reason. :)

Treeman

HSC
Shes an awesome tutor she absolutely saved my ass for my assessments. THANK U SO MUCH IF U WANT TO DO WELL IN ENGLISH GET HER AS A TUTOR

GeorgesBorges

HSC
not only nice marks, she's had plenty of experience tutoring countless students over the years!

stephh06

HSC
hey there,
i need some tutoring with english advanced. live in the hills distict, north western sydney. is that to far away? have u got any availabilities?

thanks steph

YOON`

HSC
hARLO,,
i am interested in getting tutored for adv. english
i did the tempest for imaginative journeys and doing BNW and Bladerunner currently..
please email me @ miracle_yoon@hotmail.com

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
Hey Melissa

Just curiously what texts did you do for extension english??

TheMelissa

God Complex
HSC
Thanks for all your interest, guys!

Unfortunately, I've been inundated with requests for weekday tuition and it seems unlikely that I'll be taking any further students for quite a few months.

If you're still interested, please post/send me your email address and I'll contact you whenever a position opens up.

:)

EDIT:
I have positions available for Saturdays. If you're interested, please reply or send me an email/PM!

TheMelissa

God Complex
HSC
eyetalian said:
Hey Melissa

Just curiously what texts did you do for extension english??
I studied John Fowles' The French Lieutenant's Woman and Sally Potter's Orlando, both of which were prescribed under the postmodernism elective. :)

kony

HSC
it seems surprising that you managed only 94 in adv, considering the 50 for ext1.

was there a particular thing that caused it?

i mean, it's still a great mark, but just not an acme, which 50 in ext1 is.

did you state rank in ext1?

Zephyrio

HSC
Hello,

According to the Board of Studies website, it lists you as having received top bands for mathematics and extension one English. I'm assuming that you got top bands for more than these subjects, so it might be an issue you ought to bring up to them.

TheMelissa

God Complex
HSC
Tutoring for the HSC 09/Prelim 09 is now open but times are highly limited.
Also, the number of students I'm currently working with means I am no longer allows for me to travel extensively.

Please forward all enquiries to Mel(dot)Kwak1989(at)Gmail(dot)com.

TheMelissa

God Complex
HSC
There's a difference between HSC exam marks and HSC results. I provide all academic transcripts to my students upon request.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)