Equation(s) you believe have had much influence. (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
i know its basic but i like: the whole differentiation of f(x), f'(x) and so on
Hehe, I believe that calculus is just so integral to society (that was the lamest pun I've ever made and I apologise to anyone who suffers from hysteria or lameness XD).

lol.

untouchablecuz

HSC

where is the induced emf, is the magnetic flux and is a constant

much influence because: underlying principle of the modern day necessity that is the electric generator

Last edited:

untouchablecuz

HSC
To find out just grab the nearest "General Relativity" book and read it. But you would first have to read up on tensor calculus, geodesics, manifolds, and a little topology just to get a basic understanding of the derivation of this formula.
i can do that but i dont wanna

Uncle

Banned
HSC

Cubic formula. If we learn it for the HSC we can find the 3 roots to a cubic equation easily!!
Cbf to post Quartic one coz it's too large and it was the Cubic which found the Quartic anyway.
the same table of integrals is supplied in hsc mathematics and even in university mathematics and if those equations were to be used it would be on a formula sheet.

a(b + c) = ab + ac and vice versa
your best arithmetic capability ?

^________________^

where is the induced emf, is the magnetic flux and is a constant

much influence because: underlying principle of the modern day necessity that is the electric generator
i assume thats faraday's law.

though k is usually denoted n for number of turns.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
You seriously were that serious about runescape you made formulae? That is slightly one of the sadest things I have ever heard... the game developers are for this and they are sad excuses for maths and life. XD lol

Mine was a joke.
Way to ruin my childhood

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
To find out just grab the nearest "General Relativity" book and read it. But you would first have to read up on tensor calculus, geodesics, manifolds, and a little topology just to get a basic understanding of the derivation of this formula.
You're just showing off now. :p

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
The Starling Equation:

J = K[(Pc - Pi) - (πc - πi)]

J = Fluid movement (mL/min)
K = hydraulic conductance (mL/min . mm Hg)
Pc = capillary hydrostatic pressure (all pressure in mm Hg)
Pi = interstitial hydrostatic pressure
πc = capillary oncotic pressure
πi = interstitual oncotic pressure

This equation is pretty straight forward but it is useful for thinking about the movement of fluid between the blood stream (at the level of capillaries) and tissues. The specific values generally aren't of specific interest, but the form of the equation gives you a feel for the effects of various changes. It is conceptually useful but somewhat irrelevant numerically.

For example, increased protein concentration in the blood will increase the movement of fluid into the blood stream (by increasing capillary oncotic pressure) which is why in emergencies one might give a colloid (i.e. a protein rich fluid) to someone with dangerously low blood pressure. Similarly, if one has low blood protein concentration (say, due to liver failure) one might expect fluid build up in the tissues, i.e. oedema. Decreased lymphatic drainage of protein from a region (say, due to obstruction by a tumour or a specific infection) might likewise cause localised oedma. And so on...

Lukybear

HSC
The Starling Equation:

J = K[(Pc - Pi) - (πc - πi)]

J = Fluid movement (mL/min)
K = hydraulic conductance (mL/min . mm Hg)
Pc = capillary hydrostatic pressure (all pressure in mm Hg)
Pi = interstitial hydrostatic pressure
πc = capillary oncotic pressure
πi = interstitual oncotic pressure

This equation is pretty straight forward but it is useful for thinking about the movement of fluid between the blood stream (at the level of capillaries) and tissues. The specific values generally aren't of specific interest, but the form of the equation gives you a feel for the effects of various changes. It is conceptually useful but somewhat irrelevant numerically.

For example, increased protein concentration in the blood will increase the movement of fluid into the blood stream (by increasing capillary oncotic pressure) which is why in emergencies one might give a colloid (i.e. a protein rich fluid) to someone with dangerously low blood pressure. Similarly, if one has low blood protein concentration (say, due to liver failure) one might expect fluid build up in the tissues, i.e. oedema. Decreased lymphatic drainage of protein from a region (say, due to obstruction by a tumour or a specific infection) might likewise cause localised oedma. And so on...
Wow.. the brilliant!

Uncle

Banned
HSC
What about Eluer's Formula.
When a physical quantity is defined by a complex number it does NOT mean it does not exist.
The electrical current in your typical household appliance is complex valued but you will receive a REAL electric shock regardless of the phase angle with respect to the electrical appliance it is connected to.

Why do we use Euler's formula?
You know you can plot complex numbers on an Argand diagram using x = rcosθ and y = rsinθ where z = x + yi.
But then using , we can transform that to exponentials.
You do know that exponentials are so easy to differentiate because the derivative of ex is simply itself and eax differentiates to aeax.
Rather than mess around with trigonometry we can just use exponentials.
Canceling a differentiated or integrated exponential with another exponential often leaves constants behind, which gives us simple expressions for things like an electronic component's load.

Electrical engineers work with complex numbers for breakfast.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
When a physical quantity is defined by a complex number it does NOT mean it does not exist.
The electrical current in your typical household appliance is complex valued but you will receive a REAL electric shock regardless of the phase angle with respect to the electrical appliance it is connected to.

Why do we use Euler's formula?
You know you can plot complex numbers on an Argand diagram using x = rcosθ and y = rsinθ where z = x + yi.
But then using , we can transform that to exponentials.
You do know that exponentials are so easy to differentiate because the derivative of ex is simply itself and eax differentiates to aeax.
Rather than mess around with trigonometry we can just use exponentials.
Canceling a differentiated or integrated exponential with another exponential often leaves constants behind, which gives us simple expressions for things like an electronic component's load.

Electrical engineers work with complex numbers for breakfast.
Can you integrate/differentiate with complex number?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)