ER: Thursday 8:30pm Channel 9 (1 Viewer)

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
babez_hamp said:
they better keep it on !! and i'm sure they will........it still brings in some good ratings
No it isnt, its getting killed comming 3rd or 4th in its stimeslot which is unacceptable to nine. Somehow i dont think they will move it any time soon. It once rated very highly but Lost just outshines it.

And if ER is taken off i think theres no chance it would be shown late at night, it costs too much and has potential for rejuvination.. It would most likely be brought back during the summer to gain exposure due to the lack of competition.

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
on last nights episode, it is so obvious there is going to be a love triangle between abby, the old surgeon and the new doctor

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
routemarker said:
No it isnt, its getting killed comming 3rd or 4th in its stimeslot which is unacceptable to nine. Somehow i dont think they will move it any time soon. It once rated very highly but Lost just outshines it.

And if ER is taken off i think theres no chance it would be shown late at night, it costs too much and has potential for rejuvination.. It would most likely be brought back during the summer to gain exposure due to the lack of competition.
well it did before lost came on........

7minute

HSC
According to ninemsn's TV guide, they won't actually be showing ER on Thurs 24th. I didn't get a chance to watch the last episode, was there any mention of a "In 2 weeks' Time" break, because I know there was one last year.

So the episode description I posted will be for whenever channel 9 decides to air it. Sorry!

7minute

HSC
Thank you! Well, I guess it's official then... no ER for 2 weeks!

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
yeh, it'll definately be sad next thursday lol....but at least the season will go for one week longer !

7minute

HSC
Seems like there's a lot of hype about next week's episode 11.10 Skin. It looks good and TV guides are raving about it... well, at least they're writing about it. Last season that didn't happen until about the last two or three episodes. Anyway, enjoy Thursday night's episode! (We're nearly at the halfway point of the season.)

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
i know ! when i saw the 'next episode' snippet from last week i was freaking out cause abbey's my favourite character, but i feel a bit calmer now i've read ahead.

djmattyd

HSC
Who doesn't love Abby?

I love [ER]. I know it's being beaten, but Channel 9 won't take it off until Summer, or put it on latenights, they will either change the night it's on, or wait until the second half of the rating's season.

I have to say though, if I hear anything else on Carter and that damn baby, I am going to scream. Yes, the baby died, we all cried, now move on!!!

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
djmattyd said:
Who doesn't love Abby?

I love [ER]. I know it's being beaten, but Channel 9 won't take it off until Summer, or put it on latenights, they will either change the night it's on, or wait until the second half of the rating's season.

I have to say though, if I hear anything else on Carter and that damn baby, I am going to scream. Yes, the baby died, we all cried, now move on!!!

i think they keep bringing it up (after from the fact it was a major even for his character) is that they seem to be a bit lost where to take his character storyline......i feel the episodes may be coming to an end soon for dr carter :(

djmattyd

HSC
Yeh, I like Carter too, I don't want him to leave, but he's been there for 12 years now, is it time to move on?!

Anyway, Abby is the new favourite, Carter's on the way out...lol.

And I'm glad Jing-Mai finally killed off her father...that storyline was annoying me too.

Ah, thank God for Abby and Dr Lewis, otherwise I'd be watching Lost too...lol.

7minute

HSC
You guessed it... here's the description for next week's episode, 11.11 Only Connect.

THE INTERNS MUST LEARN COMPASSION AND FOCUS BEFORE MORE MISTAKES ARE MADE - Lewis (Sherry Stringfield) assigns Kovac (Goran Visjnic) to teach the residents how to communicate more effectively with their patients in hopes of raising their patient satisfaction scores, which have plummeted. They are put to the test when two teenagers are brought to the ER with gun shot wounds. Kovac, Neela (Parminder Nagra) and Sam (Linda Cardellini) handle one patient while Lewis, Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) and Ray (Shane West) deal with another. When a patient dies, Neela does a poor job of informing the deceased's grandmother, who becomes hysterical in the middle of the ER. A personal injury lawyer sets up a mobile office outside the ER, infuriating Lewis as he tries to turn dissatisfied patients into clients. Abby (Maura Tierney) returns to the ER, still dealing with the trauma of her abduction. Also starring Noah Wyle and Laura Innes.
Just a note about tonight's episode... I thought it was good, and not only the main storyline, but the little touches too. The dynamic between Carter, Luka and Susan, how she's finding it hard to establish herself as the boss. And Kerry giving Susan advice in the staff lounge... that was a nice little 'full circle' moment.

djmattyd

HSC
I love Lewis...poor thing. And Maura Tierney is such a good actress. Loved the episode. And thank God Carter is moving on with his life!

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
poor abby ! she looked so (understandably) shaken at the end and all alone. anyway, i've noticed that kerry isn't really in it that much anymore which is weird cause they had all that stuff with her son and then it was like she dropped off the planet or something. even though she can be totally annoying, i like her character and think they should write her in more

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i just read in the news that noah wyle (doctor carter) is leaving the end of this season
that sucks

he's gonna make 4 guest appearances next season, but thats it

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
gordo said:
i just read in the news that noah wyle (doctor carter) is leaving the end of this season
that sucks

he's gonna make 4 guest appearances next season, but thats it
i'm not suprised, his character is just floating around not doing much. i hope they at least give him a decent send-off.........i'm thinking he might leave for africa again to be with kem.

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
Actor Noah Wyle will finally say goodbye to hit medical drama ER this summer, after an 11-year run on the show. After the departures over the years of George Clooney, Anthony Edwards and Eriq La Salle, Noah Wyle was the only original ER star left standing. But he will now bow out of the series on May 19, although he will return as Dr. John Carter for four episodes in each of the next two seasons. Executive producer John Wells says, "It's very sad for me. Noah and I have a lot of history together. He's a wonderful actor and a wonderful man, and it's been great to watch him grow up and get married and have a family." In the autumn of 2003, Wyle, 33, took a six-episode break to spend time with his wife, Tracy, and baby son, Owen.

(From www.imdb.com)

7minute

HSC
Here's the sad news as reported by Yahoo! News (it's in the quote box thing like the descriptions coz there are spoilers in it).

Noah Wyle to Leave As 'ER' Regular
LOS ANGELES - The doctor is out: Noah Wyle is leaving "ER" as a regular cast member at the end of this season, NBC said Thursday. Wyle, 33, the only original star who remained with the medical drama through its 11 years, will return for four episodes in each of the next two seasons. "ER" has been renewed through the 2007-08 season.

True love steals away his character, Dr. John Carter, who reunites in the May 12 episode with girlfriend Kem (Thandie Newton), a health administrator he met doing volunteer medical work in Africa.

Carter leaves Chicago's County General Hospital in the May 19 season finale.

"It's very sad for me. Noah and I have a lot of history together," "ER" executive producer John Wells told USA Today. "He's a wonderful actor and a wonderful man, and it's been great to watch him grow up and get married and have a family."

In 2004, Wyle said he intended to leave "ER" when his contract ended this season.

"I've just got other stuff going in my life right now," Wyle told "E! News Live" last September. "I've got a son, I've got family and friends that said goodbye to me 12 years ago and are wondering when I'm coming back, and this little urge to scratch a different kind of itch in my career, and it's just coming to the end of the character's run."

When the series debuted in September 1994, Wyle played the impressionable young resident in a cast that included Anthony Edwards, George Clooney, Eriq La Salle, Julianna Margulies and Sherry Stringfield.

As they departed, Wyle turned into the show's centerpiece.

Stringfield returned to her role as Dr. Susan Lewis in 2001 after a five-year break.

The drama has been a durable performer for NBC, although it lost its No. 1 ratings status to newcomers including Fox's "American Idol." In head-to-head competition with CBS' "Without a Trace" at 10 p.m. EST Thursday, it trails in total viewers.
The ER won't be the same without Dr Carter... and with Wyle going, that leaves Laura Innes as the longest serving member of the cast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)