Eraserhead (1 Viewer)

Ratm93

HSC
Anybody here a fan of the movie "Eraserhead"? Anybody got any ideas as to what it means?

many-eyeshere

HSC
Ahh Eraserhead. I actually have it downloaded on my computer but haven't watched it yet. I've read a bunch of essays though.

Apparently it's not really about anything but an exploration of the human mind and insanity in relation to modern technology.

Lynch films don't really tend to have plots, they're more explorations of concepts.

Inland Empire didn't actually have a script or plot. All the actors just rocked up and just improvised. And eventually a plot arose. Horror movie one. Worth a look into very post-modern work.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Fuck this movie, I did it for Visual Arts
Just watch Twin Peaks instead.

Break the code. Solve the crime.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Gah, such an unpleasant movie. Nonetheless, it is brilliant insofar as it embraces the art of cultivating unease.

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
I love David Lynch's work, but I haven't seen Eraserhead yet.

Mulholland Drive and Twin Peaks are great though.

Contrary to what people think, Lynch does have a plot and purpose for most, if not all, his works.

However, most of this meaning is lost in 80% plot ambiguity/surrealism, 10% red herrings and 10% condescending elitism from Lynch himself that throws people off and makes them believe that he's merely a hack director.

Last edited:

lolokay

HSC
ah I've been meaning to watch this, thanks for the reminder

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
For those without the time (or endurance) the following visual summary should suffice:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)