ESL scales higher than STANDARD? (1 Viewer)

Zelta-W

HSC
N/A
hahahaha,ESL scales BETTER than ENGLISH EXTENSION 2
i dont know why.

but u cant get into medicine..without english standard/advanced

and other numerous courses !

00acissej

HSC
Well, the last time I heard it, on some meeting thing, Advance scales WAYYY higher than standard, which is why standard is super hard to get a band six. Much like General maths and Math 2U really.

seriously, if standard and advance scaled the same, why the hell would anyone choose advance when they could do standard?

HSC
Standard and Advanced scales the same.

Standard and Advanced ALIGNS differently and because of the aligning, it is a lot harder to get band 6 in standard than advanced. BoS does the aligning while UAC does the scaling.

Why the fuck wouldnt their scaling be the same when half our HSC examination is the same.

twistedrebel

HSC
also Standard cohort is much weaker then the advance cohort, thus harder to get the top band's because not as many students perform at those band levels

martinc

HSC
but not most of these prequisite
are just recommended
and not complusory....

and when you know how to speak and write english. It's not that important to know what a simile, metaphor is and it's effect is when you're cutting up people in the future.

you need the communication skills, and the understading of how things work in medicine .

Misyndo

HSC
also Standard cohort is much weaker then the advance cohort, thus harder to get the top band's because not as many students perform at those band levels
But if you were someone who was performing well (but not brilliant) in Advanced already. You would perform brilliant in comparison to other Standard students.
Thus, making it "easier" to get a band 6.

Misyndo

HSC
Well, the last time I heard it, on some meeting thing, Advance scales WAYYY higher than standard, which is why standard is super hard to get a band six. Much like General maths and Math 2U really.

seriously, if standard and advance scaled the same, why the hell would anyone choose advance when they could do standard?
Wow I can't believe I didn't see this post before.
Doesn't matter, I'll laugh at you anyways.

HAHAHAHA

Try harder next time buddy.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

it's the same scaling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)