Essential DS games (1 Viewer)

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
bazookajoe said:
I thought zelda came out in a few days? :confused:
Also, can you play it without knowing japanese?
Some of the puzzles and shit are hard, like you'll need to be able to read the clues and stuff.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
iwannarock said:
i've been playing brothers in arms ds lately.

its pretty fuckin good for a ds game.

i never thought ds would be able to do a ww2 game like this.

the campaigns are short but theres multiple difficulty levels.

i even had trouble on the easiest.

:santa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFiEbQLDuUk
It's impressive when you pick it up, but I got bored with it pretty quick. Dunno, the gameplay just feels a bit off, can't quite put my finger on it.

Just found Planet Puzzle League - portable Tetris Attack action! The stylus makes it a lot faster, but it's good they added support for the d-pad.

Zelda PH to be released 1/10 in the US

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
Animal Crossing owns! Who else i gonna get Spore when it comes out on DS? I'm sooooooo gonna get it. @_@

stephenchow

HSC
ssejamafone said:
Animal Crossing owns! Who else i gonna get Spore when it comes out on DS? I'm sooooooo gonna get it. @_@
It'd probably be a downgraded version

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
stephenchow said:
It'd probably be a downgraded version
Yeah, true. But i don't care. as long as it uses the touch screen to full potential, then i'm happy. :)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I'm going to "get" the pc version, the DS will do it no justice in my opinion.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
jumb said:
I'm going to "get" the pc version, the DS will do it no justice in my opinion.
"get"?

But, when it comes out, i'll probly buy both the pc and the ds version... for the hell of it...

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I will buy it if it released here simultaneously as everywhere else in the world or if it's some obscene size.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
buuuump

DS has been dead to me for a while now, eagerly waiting on an eng version of Zelda. Apparantly Europe gets it before the US, which gets it October something something.

...and Ninja Gaiden DS, of course.

killing time with:
Ouendan: played it a while ago but didn't give it a fair chance, didn't like not knowing what was going on in the stories :( Though the pictures are good enough, I guess
Bleach DS 2nd: solid fighter, gets a bit too crowded at times and the fighting is a bit too simple for my liking, but fun nonetheless

stazi

Nightman
HSC
agreed! the only game im playing is Phoenix Wright 2 (whatever it's called). After I finish it, there will be nothing left to me to play apart from brain age every morning (but that's not something that takes up much time).

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Justice for All!

And the english translation of Trials and Tribulations, the third game in the series which takes place before the first one is due in September.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
yep, I'm only waiting for zelda atm

I tried playing mario kart the other day, I just can't get into it :(

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i wonder when elite beat agents 2 will be out. that game is going to be orsum. the first is prob my fave thus far on the DS.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
jumb said:
I tried playing mario kart the other day, I just can't get into it :(
pahh

Agreed stas, what a fantastic game. Let's get a top DS list going on for the time being.

My top five (with comments, will add games later on when they come to me)

5. Jump! Ultimate Stars

Plays a lot like smash bros (though much less refined and unbalanced), that in itself is enough to warrant good multiplayer action. I'm not the biggest fan of Japanese anime but it's fun looking at how vast the roster is, and many of the characters touch upon that fuzzy warm feeling of nostalgia.

4. Trauma Center
Just a perfect example of what is only capable on the DS. Blistering fast gameplay mechanics and the way the tools have their own unique control just makes the game so exhilarating. The decisions you have to make, patterns you have to solve, how precise you have to be, just damn near perfect. The atmosphere is really infectious too, down to every last sound effect. Hard as fuck though, I haven't finished it yet and I doubt I ever will.

The Wii version looks crap for the record.

3. Elite Beat Agents
Featuring a soundtrack chock full of songs and artists that would usually grate upon my patience, though that is all forgiven whenever they're placed into the context of this game. As to why that is, I'm not too sure myself.

I remember beating Jumping Jack Flash for the very first time on normal level, I was running round the house yelling something, at nothing in particular.

2. Mario Kart DS
One of my favourite franchises and the second strongest in it to date in my opinion. Everything great about Mario Kart, put into the palm of your hands, and free online play! Snaking gets a bit frustrating online, though.

1. Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney
Being put into the shoes of ace attorney Phoenix Wright, hearing everything he says, reading every one of his thoughts. With this perspective it has allowed for some of the deepest character development I've seen in a game to date. And while some of the characters you may find to be a bit annoying (Phoenix whinges in his thoughts a lot of the time), it's the plain fact that you get to know the character so well that you get to find them annoying in that kind of way is what makes you appreciate the game even more. If you understand what I'm getting at here.

The art direction and presentation has been done very well, and there's just something about looking at what may very well be animated gifs, the same thing over and over again. It gets you into a routine, gives you a rush whenever you see Phoenix point, or yell out hold it, or smack his desk. The presentation of the game has been set with but a handful of five frame sprites, simple, yet so effective.

One of the reasons I was really disappointed with Justice for All is the absence of the original soundtrack. Mazakazu hit upon perfection on many of the jingles in game. While the investigation and personal themes of each character I've found to expect from standard Capcom fare, the songs from the court room settings are, in my humble opinion, nothing less than perfect. I even use the cross examination song to help me study :( And I've set the "cornered" theme as my ringtone:( :(

(and Phoenix' "Objection!" as my sms tone, of course:))

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Is it just me, or is Justice for All heaps funnier than Ace Attorney?

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
stazi said:
Is it just me, or is Justice for All heaps funnier than Ace Attorney?
Why, because Moe the Clown is in it?

Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha!

etc. etc.

Well there was a Fresh Prince of Bel Air reference in it, did you pick it up?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
nope didn't get the reference. what was it.

moe the clown was so lame, it was great. i didnt laugh once at anything he said, but that's why he was great.

there just seemed to be more puns and general jokes in the game. I loved it when phoenix is being whipped. I'm into BDSM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)