Eurovision (1 Viewer)

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
So, Now that the semi's are finished, what do you think of the competition. Any disapointments (other than the obvious)? Favourite to win?

I think Monaco should have made it through. She sang really well.

Albania is my favourite to win. And the whole controversy with her dancers was CLASSIC! not up to Eurovision standard! Theres a Eurovision standard??!

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i was disappointed with croatias performance.. he really shouldnt sing in english.. it sounds like crap
i liked malta and ukraine.. but yeh monaco should have made it through

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Originally posted by cro_angel
i was disappointed with croatias performance.. he really shouldnt sing in english.. it sounds like crap
i liked malta and ukraine.. but yeh monaco should have made it through
Ill have to agree. He should have sung in croation. I have a mate that gave me a lecture today on how Jr Eurovision is better cause u have to sing in your native tounge.

chepas

HSC
Yeah, I think I counted about 8 out of the 36 entrants are doing it in their native language - I think that included Croatia when they were still gonna do "Dajes mi krila" instead of whatever it was called in English... still a ncie song though.

How bad was the Estonian one? The "Folk song" one... if it was 'folk' only because it was in a dialect then mmm. The singing/shouting didn't go well. hehe.

The funniest I reckon was Bosnia - hilaroius!! "I'm lying, I'm late, I'm losing my weight because I wanna dance all night"! Classic!

rumour

HSC
Never watched it before,
but my maco friend said that the serb. one is the best!!!!!!!!!

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
junior eurovision is much better for making them sing in their native tongue. Theres like an unwritten rule with Eurovision that you wont win unless you sing in english which i think is such a shame. The best ones are when they sing in their own language. I think last year 10 people sang in their own language and the songs still rocked. Poland and Portugal in particular. But Estonia I think pulled off singing in english really well.

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
i watched the beginning of the prelims last night. god, switzerland was so cheesy!

misery

Unspeakable
HSC
When the countries start singing in English.. the lyrics are pretty bad (that's the purpose right?) and its not like you can understand it through their accents anyway. Jr Eurovision is uncorrupted yet.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
They should make it that all countries have to sing in their native tongue, however, when they do sing in English, I find it rather humourous, especially when they can't speak it that well.
I'm so excited

chepas

HSC
Yer, the any-language-you-want rule is pretty new I think, so many just chose English. Kinda sad really - but gawd it makes it hard as some people ^^ said about accents!!! There was one, I think it was Romania, that I think was in English, but her accent was so strong that it was completely incomprehensible! (Either that, or she was singing in Romanian, but so much English??!? :p)

Seabiscuit

HSC
Originally posted by mic
i watched the beginning of the prelims last night. god, switzerland was so cheesy!
Was Switzerland the country who was Hi-5/Wiggles style? Des Mangan was hilarious when he said it was a song toddlers would like.

From what they showed last night.. this eurovision may not be as good as last years.. but hopefully the top countries will prevail with some less-crappy songs.

chepas

HSC
Yer - and the subject matter for the song - celebrate/let's be happy/ yeah yeah yeah... Perfect for toddlers! Not to mention the dancers. On one of the score screens I think it said it got 0 points!

I agree with not as good as last year - there seems to be a lower amount of traditional cheesy Eurovision songs, the ones which sound like they were written in the 60s mixed in the 80s. But it will still be good! :)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
How awesome is Des Managan?

Kuya

i want spain or this other country to win.. where they sang a traditional song.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)