Eurovision (1 Viewer)

Seabiscuit

HSC
I havent seen all of eurovision yet, but from the few acts i saw, serbia was the best, and croatia was alright, and i didn't like Ukraine. I dont understand how Ukraine could have won, but i guess its because the way they performed was kind of interesting. (like last year with Turkey, their set was really colourful except not too hi-5/wiggles colourful, and there was dancing in it except not dodgy dancing like the last act last night who kept having sex with her microphone).

But i still think Serbia Montenegro should have won because i really like the song. :D

Kuya

actually i have changed my mind abt serbia and montenegro.. i liked their song at first but now its just really old. im glad ukraine won.

CrashOveride

HSC
I still think it should only be European countries allowed to enter.

I guess Ukraine deserved it, most of the songs were slow type beats and that, and you need something catchy and upbeat to win. Plus it's gay that "most winning songs are in English", each country should do it in their native tongue - tis the point of the contest.

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
You could so tell the Ukraine was going to win, and I didnt think they were that bad. I swear im going to marry the guys from France and Iceland *melts*. But Sertab... holy moly what a change from last year?! she went blonde? and what was with the opera singing stuff in the middle of every way that i can? as if it wasnt a terrible song to begin with. I loved Malta! They were so cute! AND YOU CAN GET IT ALL ON DVD AND CD!!!! I swear i'm in heaven.

Thomas_wow

first the heavyweight boxing champion, now eurovision!

things look up (or down if you think about how COOL eurovision is) for ukraine... o_O.

btw chepas, i have dual passport so i can travel europe already for... HOHOHO owned germany

chepas

HSC
Originally posted by super katie
I loved Malta!
Yay!
Originally posted by Thomas_wow
btw chepas, i have dual passport so i can travel europe already for... HOHOHO owned germany
From which parent's side? Ukraine or ? And have you had it since u were born or something...

Seabiscuit

HSC
AND YOU CAN GET IT ALL ON DVD AND CD!!!! I swear i'm in heaven.
We have a dvd recorder, so i already have it on dvd! :D:D

I just watched it again and i have to say the ukraine song is growing on me.. :( And now i really really like croatia's song. ANd malta was cute!! (Though the lady was a bit annoying). And Turkey was really good too! A lot like the Cat Empire!

And you gotta love the Ukraine language.. such dodgy russian. :p

Last edited:

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
Originally posted by Seabiscuit
We have a dvd recorder, so i already have it on dvd! :D:D

I just watched it again and i have to say the ukraine song is growing on me.. :( And now i really really like croatia's song. ANd malta was cute!! (Though the lady was a bit annoying). And Turkey was really good too! A lot like the Cat Empire!

And you gotta love the Ukraine language.. such dodgy russian. :p
gah! i'm SO jealous! I brought my eurovision 2003 cd into school today and we were all listening to it and dancing to it in our free. Especially Slovenia's "Nanana"

on the whole though I actually prefered last years Eurovision... no one seemed to play the piano this year which was annoying seeing as like every second act last year had someone playing the piano and singing which is always fantastic

Seabiscuit

HSC
OMG yes! Last year's was so much better!! This year as soon as i listen to a song i forget about it a second later. But last year.. the songs were memorable! I can still remember some of the words. Whereas this year i haveno idea what they were singing...

chepas

HSC
Yes Malta is my favourite from this year! Absolutely.

My top ten favourites from last year:

10) Birgitta Haukdal - Open Your Heart (Iceland)
9) Karmen - Nananana (Slovenia)
8) Urban Trad - Sanomi (Belgium)
7) Louisa Balche - Monts et merveilles (France)
6) Esther Hart - One More Night (Netherlands)
5) Ruffus - Eighties Coming Back (Estonia)
4) Claudia - Vise nisam tvoja (Croatia)
3) F.L.Y. - Hello From Mars (Latvia)
2) Lou - Let's Get Happy (Germany)
1) Mija Martina - Ne brini (Bosnia)

How good is Nanananana! "What a warm and summer night..." :rofl: :lol: I have "Ne brini" memorised (Bosnian of course!) and it's great fun annoyin the small Bosnian contingent at our school with it constantly:D One is a friend though...

on the whole though I actually prefered last years Eurovision... no one seemed to play the piano this year which was annoying seeing as like every second act last year had someone playing the piano and singing which is always fantastic
Yes all the way. Though this year seemed to be the year of the slow boring ballad. All the boybandish groups, that Cyprus chick, the monobrow from Germany and others were just too yawnful.

I am getting the 2004 CD soon - I HAVE to get Malta!!! I can't find a decent non szit version on iMesh or kazaaaaaa... They're all dud. I just hope the 'official' DVD release doesn't have Mangled on it doing his commentary.

Originally posted by Seabiscuit
... I can still remember some of the words. Whereas this year i haveno idea what they were singing...
Oh good so it's popular opinion! I still have trouble telling if they're actually singing in English with a reeally heavy accent or if it's in their native language with just an English name.. like Albania! Won't be rememering a lot from this year I don't think.... My aim for next year is - EUROVISION IN UKRAINE!!!!

Last edited:

Kuya

i really agree that last years was better. the songs really were like more catchy and memorable.. like a gud catchy not annoying catchy..

i really liked:

Latvia's - Hello from Mars (F.L.Y) <-- gud song but from my recollection they looked kinda weird on stage

Estonia's - Eighties coming back (Rufus) <---i liked the piano part here

Spain's - Dime (Beth) <-- my fav

Kuya

Originally posted by chepas
Oh good so it's popular opinion! I still have trouble telling if they're actually singing in English with a reeally heavy accent or if it's in their native language with just an English name.. like Albania! Won't be rememering a lot from this year I don't think.... My aim for next year is - EUROVISION IN UKRAINE!!!!
they were singing a made up language. it wasnt belgian or english. and very gud i might add. but it wasnt at the top of my list.

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
i was so freaking disappointed in Yulia Savicheva. Well, I guess we all knew she wasn't going to win, that's what happens when you enter the 3rd place winner of Star Factory into Eurovision instead of the 1st place winner.

I think Ruslana's entry stood out because of the charisma and stage presence...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)