"Everybody Should be forced to take a DNA test" (1 Viewer)

Should everybody be forced to take a DNA test?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Of course not. This is an extreme violation of personal freedom and is ridiculous. They have to knock me out before they could get a sample from me.
"They" could very easily get a sample from you from a discarded coffee cup.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Uh they could also monitor our phone calls and emails without asking.
Still a violation of personal freedom. Sylvester would never consent and nor would I!

fleckar

HSC
Uh they could also monitor our phone calls and emails without asking.
Still a violation of personal freedom. Sylvester would never consent and nor would I!
Yeah, yeah, but other than it violating your personal freedoms, why do you care?
I mean, I can see why people who commit crimes or who are planning to commit crimes would be concerned, but you?

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

MJ-47

HSC
if you've done nothing wrong then you have nothing to fear....

giving your dna would not be intrusive into your life..

.it might be incriminating but not intrusive...thus you cannot compare it to tapping into anothers phone call cause you cant learn any personal details of one's life by reading their dna.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Why? Why do you honestly care?

Because it's a violation of my personal liberty!

Seriously, what next?

People are corrupt, we know. There would be measures put in place to limit it though.
Pfft. What if it's the government though? What's stopping them from using it to further their own corrupt agenda?
I absolutely hate to sound like a paranoid conspiracy theorist here, but if this sort of thing is allowed, there's nothing stopping the government from using the DNA to frame people who get in the way of their self-serving plans for crimes they didn't commit.
Now, this may not be so simple from a scientific perspective, from from a political point of view, the principle is very much there.

"They" could very easily get a sample from you from a discarded coffee cup.
They have no way of proving it's mine though, without, well, giving me a DNA test.

If they find DNA on a crime scene and it matches with my cofee cup sample, they can't say "Aha! It's SylvesterBr's DNA" "How do you know? we never got a sample from him." "oh, well, uh..."

Last edited:

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
if you've done nothing wrong then you have nothing to fear....

giving your dna would not be intrusive into your life..

.it might be incriminating but not intrusive...thus you cannot compare it to tapping into anothers phone call cause you cant learn any personal details of one's life by reading their dna.
I know that your DNA is on record. I commit a crime and then leave some of your DNA (eg, some hair, blood, something as simple as a cup) and plant it at the scene.

I arrange a good alibi for myself incase I forgot to clean up any of my own DNA. You were at home on your own, so no one can actually vouch for your whereabouts.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Dr. Karl said on the radio, that for several years, whenever the president goes anywhere, the CIA has been destroying EVERYTHING he touches, in order to protect his genetic information.

If he goes to a bar and has a sip out of a glass, it gets destroyed.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Someone cocked up on the blue dress aye

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Probably will make it easier to prevent another Clinton-esque incident. Actually, so what happens to the Presidential spunk, is that destroyed too if it doesn't end up in/on the first lady?

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

Yup Benjamin Franklin.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Dr. Karl said on the radio, that for several years, whenever the president goes anywhere, the CIA has been destroying EVERYTHING he touches, in order to protect his genetic information.

If he goes to a bar and has a sip out of a glass, it gets destroyed.
President touches a young child. WOops, there he goes from existence. =x

DOTAFUKEDMYLYF2

HSC
IF YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG YOU HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR

Fuck off that is disgusting.

HEY WE'LL JUST PUT THESE CAMERAS ALL OVER YOUR HOUSE AND SOME TELESCREENS DW BRO IF YOU'VE DONE NOTHING WRONG.

Fuck this whole Christian police state fascist mentality off
what if your wife was murdered and they narrowed it down to 5 suspects, cant progress any further with the case without DNA testing

Natendo

HSC
This is similar to the concept of featuring significant identifiers like finger prints on electronic 'national identity card's'. Something which has been seriously thought about in some countries due to new technologies.

I would be concerned about the misuse of DNA. I mean the world has condemned the usage of nuclear weapons, but underground development and testing still continues to occur. How could you misuse DNA? well, for starters, you could incorrectly file it as somebody elses DNA (If you're going to make it mandatory, at least a handful of people are going to have their identities messed up).

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
President touches a young child. WOops, there he goes from existence. =x
Without other evidence, you wouldn't be able to distinguish if you obtained a sample of the president, the child, or any other person who had contact with the child.

illiterary

HSC
If the DNA had no chance of being used for corrupt purposes, then maybe. In other words, fuck no.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)