Ex-US troop gets life for rape, murders (1 Viewer)

Kittikhun

HSC
He and the three others that did this should have gotten the death penalty. It's a complete disgrace to the US Army and their division of the 101st Airborne. The motherfucker should have fucking gotten back to Iraq and been tried there. Just a fucking disgrace and a complete disgrace to the US army for leaving this case sit there with no action for so long.

Last edited:
HSC
Hey guys, if Iraq is a sovereign state, and the crime was committed in Iraq, why wasn't the soldier tried in Iraq?

Iraq is a sovereign state, isn't it?

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
He and the three others that did this should have gotten the death penalty. It's a complete disgrace to the US Army and their division of the 101st Airborne. The motherfucker should have fucking gotten back to Iraq and been tried there. Just a fucking disgrace and a complete disgrace to the US army for leaving this case sit there with no action for so long.
Hmmm, that's interesting. Should they have been put on trial in Iraq? Because I don't believe in the death penalty, I would say no, but from a legal perspective, why not? I'm not all that familiar with how it should/does work.

EDIT: Ok, so Choko got there before me.

Last edited:
HSC
Hmmm, that's interesting. Should they have been put on trial in Iraq? Because I don't believe in the death penalty, I would say no, but from a legal perspective, why not? I'm not all that familiar with how it should/does work.
If Iraq is indeed a sovereign state, then yes, the trial should have been held in Iraq, but the issue of whether Iraq is a sovereign state is pretty hazy.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
I would say that Iraq is a sovereign state, but only in writing, if you know what I mean. They could claim the right to a trial, but there are various rules and restrictions that the Americans may have put in place (perhaps in forsight to a disaster such as this) in order to ensure that Iraq was bound by American law to allow all American criminal offenders to be put on trial back in the States.

EDIT: But maybe I'm just being paranoid and Iraq isn't a Sovereign state at all.

izzy88

HSC
Should they have been put on trial in Iraq? Because I don't believe in the death penalty, I would say no, but from a legal perspective, why not? I'm not all that familiar with how it should/does work.
Iraq probably had jurisdiction, but America would also be able to try the soldiers because they were American nationals- in fact America probably has some law which governs the trial of its soldiers/armed forces.

For example, in Australia we can try Australian citizens (and probably residents) for sex offences committed in Thailand. Thailand still has jurisdiction, but we can charge them as well.

edit: i don't think its necessarily to do with whether Iraq has sovereignty or not.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Since when was dieing painless?
Judging from the fact that you are incapable of spelling "dying" correctly, I'm going to assume you're ignorant as hell and don't realise that the US no longer uses methods such as the electric chair or firing squads to execute people anymore.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Iraq probably had jurisdiction, but America would also be able to try the soldiers because they were American nationals- in fact America probably has some law which governs the trial of its soldiers/armed forces.

For example, in Australia we can try Australian citizens (and probably residents) for sex offences committed in Thailand. Thailand still has jurisdiction, but we can charge them as well.

edit: i don't think its necessarily to do with whether Iraq has sovereignty or not.
Military law is different from normal criminal law. Most armies will reserve the right to trial their own soldiers.

During World War 2, an American soldier on leave in Melbourne murdered a few women during one of the many black outs that occurred to practice for possible enemy bombing runs. The American army trialled him for murder, sentenced him to death and the Australian authorities even provided a public hall so he could be hanged.

HSC
Judging from the fact that you are incapable of spelling "dying" correctly, I'm going to assume you're ignorant as hell and don't realise that the US no longer uses methods such as the electric chair or firing squads to execute people anymore.
Afaik, the electric chair is still used in a few states.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Afaik, the electric chair is still used in a few states.
Electric chair is an option is some states, but the convict can chooe between it and legal injection.

So yeah, there's no real electric chair executions anymore.

WibbleWonger

HSC
Firing squad isn't painful.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Firing squad isn't painful.
When being executed by a fire squad, a deflector is placed over the heart so the squad can aim at it. Only one of the squads guns is armed with live ammunition, so there is 1 bullet fired into the heart. It takes around 7 minutes for a person shot by a firing squad to die.

Not painful. Yeah.

WibbleWonger

HSC
Since we're talking about the US, that is never how a firing squad execution was done.

When being executed by a fire squad, a deflector is placed over the heart so the squad can aim at it.
Completely incorrect.

Only one of the squads guns is armed with live ammunition, so there is 1 bullet fired into the heart.
Common myth. In actuality only one of the squad members used blanks, not that it would make a difference to the shooters "guilt" anyway, since the significant differences in the recoil would be an instant giveaway.

It takes around 7 minutes for a person shot by a firing squad to die.

Not painful. Yeah.
Incorrect. They aimed for the chest area and heart, and traditionally it took between 1-3 minutes to die, with the body in shock.

With lethal injection the victim is injected with three different drugs and there are flaws with the administration of each.
Firstly, an anesthetic called sodium thiopental, is injected into the victim's vein, next, pancuronium bromide, which paralyzes voluntary muscles, then potassium chloride is injected, which stops the heart.

If thiopental fails to cause anesthesia and then the potassium chloride is injected, the victim could die through asphyxiation with his/her veins completely on fire and not being able to alert anyone.

The current lethal injection process can take anywhere between 10-15 minutes for the victim to die. But, they're still using the same process concocted in 1977 by a medical examiner by the name of Jay Chapman.

Last edited:

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Yeah, people often think that lethal injection is the most humane form of of execution but
a) there is no way to test the actual pain the the subject is being put through
b) as WibbleWonger stated above, there are a number of things that can (and often do) go wrong

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah, people often think that lethal injection is the most humane form of of execution but
a) there is no way to test the actual pain the the subject is being put through
b) as WibbleWonger stated above, there are a number of things that can (and often do) go wrong
The intravenous injection is usually a sequence of drugs given in a set sequence, designed to first induce unconsciousness followed by death through paralysis of respiratory muscles and/or by cardiac arrest through depolarization of cardiac muscle cells. The execution of the condemned in most states involves three separate injections (in sequential order):

Sodium thiopental: ultra-short action barbiturate, an anaesthetic agent capable of rendering the offender unconscious in a few seconds.

Pancuronium: non-depolarizing muscle relaxant, causes complete, fast and sustained paralysis of the skeletal striated muscles, including the diaphragm and the rest of the respiratory muscles; this would eventually cause death by asphyxiation.

Potassium chloride: stops the heart, and thus causes death by cardiac arrest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)