Exam screw up stories (1 Viewer)

ismeta

HSC
Something similar happened to my friend who was sitting in front of me.
Last year in maths, he had a massive cold, and a pack of tissues hit him in the head in the middle of an exam (the kleenex 10 pack ones), and we didn't know where it came from
I'd love to throw tissues at someone, especially during an exam! Maybe they were practising projectile motion?

madharris

HSC
N/A
I'd love to throw tissues at someone, especially during an exam! Maybe they were practising projectile motion?
Maybe their hand was hurting so he was shaking it with the tissues in his hand, and he accidentally let go?

EDIT: @the person with the Ho-oh, good job :p

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
Not really a screw up but...in NAPLAN a few years ago, since the test is SO easy, everyone finished early. Some guys started playing the PENIS! game. For those of you who don't know, that's the one where you yell PENIS as loud as you can without getting caught.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Not really a screw up but...in NAPLAN a few years ago, since the test is SO easy, everyone finished early. Some guys started playing the PENIS! game. For those of you who don't know, that's the one where you yell PENIS as loud as you can without getting caught.
OMG the penis game started in our Naplan too! But it was ok, because all the supervisers were 10000 year old ladies.

Last edited:

kingofthemisc

HSC
I fell asleep at the start of my extension maths exam, woke up with 25 minutes to go, finished the test with speed, got 88% bishes were mad when they saw my brainsthetics in action

Miscbrah

HSC
I screwed up my very first Chemistry assessment. Caught up and was first until Trials.

I screwed up my very first Extension 2 Maths assessment. Caught up and was first at the end of the year.

I screwed up my Half yearly Biology assessment. Caught up and was first at the end of the year.

Moral of the story: We all screw up, and we can all catch up.
How badly did you screw up though?

I screwed up so bad that after my first assessments, I was last in Physics and Extension 2 Maths.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
Screwed up in my English yearly in year ten..
50 multiple choice... all done and dusted... with 2 hrs to go. Finished the short answers... 1 hr and half left... "Oh wow, how quick...lets check over the answers.. "
checking, checking, checking. finished checking and editing... 30 mins left. "Going to go to the toilet just to kill some time..." *goes and comes back..* ... ahh still 20 mins left. start to look around, everyones just about to finish.. then i casually start flicking through my booklet.. to see a 25 mark ESSAY, which had to analyse the unseen text. "Crap." .. "Reads the title of the text and first pararagraph:

" Something something something by some dude demonstrates outstanding something something something..." lol. (Cant exactly remember what i wrote, but it was along the lines of that..)
managed to scrape 7 marks just by quoting some of the metaphors and such and put the effects using arrows, not even written in sentences

... got 81 out of 100

Vidhya

HSC
In the HSC Adv Maths exam, I realised that I skipped a whole page of questions like 20 secs before the thing finished. But I was too happy that the exam was over to care

Lemonlime

HSC
I remember in Prelim 3U and Business studies, I crammed for like most of the night and slept for an hour. Went in and did the test while half dead and thought I was screwed. But next term, I got my results back: 3u - 82/84 and Business 84/100 (Not that great but first O.O).

dafuq
What a god o.o

eat_well

HSC
While doing the first maths ext1 paper, my friend missed out a whole page. It was the first page as well, where all the pity marks could be gained.
She ended up getting less than 50% and was crying.
As for me, in the school cert (good ol' year 10), I wrote my feature article and was quite proud of it. After the test, my friends were discussing the paper and I realised that I read the question wrong. I wrote something completely different to what the question was asking. I still ended up getting 89/100 though. I've learnt my lesson though...I will always read the question thoroughly.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
OMG the penis game started in our Naplan too! But it was ok, because all the supervisers were 10000 year old ladies.
Hahaha! Seems like they are older than the DiVA who was 3704 in 2008:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)