Examination Results Semester II, 2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
STAT2012 Statistical Tests 65.0 Credit

:( i knew i fucked up the stupid prac part of the assesment, damnit!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Tommy_69 said:
is fin a really that hard. how is it in comparison to acct 1b
ALOT harder lol. I know so many people who did well in Acct 1b and failed 2/3 of the quizzes in Fin A. Final exam was so tough as well. You just really have to keep up with reading and hw which is hard cos HW is not compulsory and everyones slacks off after Week 3 or so...

jpr333

HSC
So who's got their accounting major? /raises hand

stickywages

HSC
N/A
Sarah168 said:
ALOT harder lol. I know so many people who did well in Acct 1b and failed 2/3 of the quizzes in Fin A. Final exam was so tough as well. You just really have to keep up with reading and hw which is hard cos HW is not compulsory and everyones slacks off after Week 3 or so...
Do you have to memorise a lot in Fin A?

(i'm guessing NOT or else it wouldn't exactly be a "hard" unit since there are always these nerds who can remember almost everything like they are a dictionary)

jpr333

HSC
Since I have my accounting major and got 79 in Fin A I think I can speak with some authority on the matter. Fin A is hard, but not hard if you do the work. The quizzes are tough, but if you cover the material sufficiently you should be fine. Just dont underestimate the depth of a topic.

stickywages

HSC
N/A
Shit I regret so much for not studying hard for the finals (early enough)
and for two of my subjects I got pull down by 10% & 9% just cuz of the finals! (yeah I screwed them up so bad......!)

one of them....I had 82% before finals but due to scoring just a 63% on the finals....It makes it appear so disappointing at the end

damn and now the only subject left unexposed (the mark not yet known to me) is the one I'm afraid of failing the most..................arghh

stickywages

HSC
N/A
jpr333 said:
Since I have my accounting major and got 79 in Fin A I think I can speak with some authority on the matter. Fin A is hard, but not hard if you do the work. The quizzes are tough, but if you cover the material sufficiently you should be fine. Just dont underestimate the depth of a topic.
Is half of it even based on the financial accounting stuff we covered in Accounting 1B? I'm surprised that people say FINC ACCT is hard when previously and initially I heard that Management Accounting (not referrring to a particular subject in this Uni but as a context itself) is harder than Financial Accounting

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
CHEM 1102 Chemistry 1B 70.0 Credit
MATH 1003 Integral Calculus and Modelling 69.0 Credit
MATH 1005 Statistics 64.0 Pass
MBLG 1001 Molecular Biology and Genetics (Intro) 76.0 Distinction
PHYS 1004 Physics 1 (Environmental & Life Science) 61.0 Pass

jpr333

HSC
Management accounting is most definitely not harder than financial accounting. I think I can speak with some authority on the matter since i have my accounting major and got a 79 in Man A. Fin A is harder cause you need to memorise specific pro forma journal entries and methodology, Man is generally easier particularly the final exam as it's more general application of calculations you covered. IMO

PS did i mention i had my accounting major? Just wanted to let you know in case i forgot to mention it.

stickywages

HSC
N/A
jpr333 said:
Management accounting is most definitely not harder than financial accounting. I think I can speak with some authority on the matter since i have my accounting major and got a 79 in Man A. Fin A is harder cause you need to memorise specific pro forma journal entries and methodology, Man is generally easier particularly the final exam as it's more general application of calculations you covered. IMO

PS did i mention i had my accounting major? Just wanted to let you know in case i forgot to mention it.
thanks jpr333. Congrats on finishing ur Account major, so r u left with choosing electives now?

scares me now since I'm doing it in Summer
gonna be intense! (and I'm not taking just 1 subject)

It'd be sweet if someone can post up the unit of study outline for the latest ACCT 2011 class (da semester 2 2006 one)

jpr333

HSC
Yeah pretty much, still need to get my finance major and even claw as a third major if i could be bothered. Should have maybe 4-5 electives over next year pending a transfer (*fingers crossed*) from commerce (lib) to commerce.

stickywages

HSC
N/A
jpr333 said:
Yeah pretty much, still need to get my finance major and even claw as a third major if i could be bothered. Should have maybe 4-5 electives over next year pending a transfer (*fingers crossed*) from commerce (lib) to commerce.
wow, 3 majors....
I didn't know you could have an Acct, Finc, and Claw major at the same time....I thought that if a unit was credited to a major it could not be counted towards another? Maybe I was misled.....but I have no idea what's going on with having more than 1 major and stuff related to that......I guess it's best to ask the SIO!

why do you want to transfer to commerce? don't you need to take extra core subjects for commerce then...and seeing that (HSC 2003) you might be graduating soon with your course...why transfer (that might keep you at uni longer...)

gerhard

HSC
Algebra (Advanced) 50.0 Pass

fuck yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( i wrote on my exam booklet 'please dont fail me. i tried, really.' i guess it worked)

lala2

Banned
HSC
^^Serious? lol, if I had done that for my two worst subjects, maybe I would've gotten Credits :mad1:

tennille

HSC
BCHM 2972 Human Biochemistry (Advanced) 73.0 Credit
CHEM 2403 Chemistry of Biological Molecules 85.0 High Distinction
CHEM 2912 Chemical Structure and Stability (Adv) 78.0 Distinction
STAT 2012 Statistical Tests 83.0 Distinction

I finally have a distinction average. :D

Skeeta

HSC
I HAVE GOT ALL MY RESULTS BACK GUYZ..
*phew*

i am SO excited. The two subjects i thought i got smoked in the exam, i actually did best in. WTF. AND FUCKING HELL I GOT 2 74's.
CUNT.

These are the best grades i think i've had so far. Because these are actually the subjects that COUNT! ie) Practical things that we work with.

The two incompletes are being referted to passes (pass/fail) subjects, when i hand in the ORIGINAL copies of some forms. Apparently photocopies dont count :confused:

BACH 2109 Cognitive Neuropsychology I 69.0 Credit
CSCD 2030 Voice Science and Disorders 74.0 Credit
CSCD 2042 Language Impairments in Children II 68.0 Credit
CSCD 2046 Audiological Management I 74.0 Credit
CSCD 2047 Neurogenics I 82.0 Distinction
CSCD 2049 Introductory Clinical II Incomplete
CSCD 2052 Professional Development IIB Incomplete

fush

HSC
fucking YES! I salvaged a good semester

CIVL 2230 Intro to Structural Concepts and Design 85.0 High Distinction
ECON 1002 Introductory Macroeconomics 78.0 Distinction
GEOL 1501 Engineering Geology 1 79.0 Distinction
INFS 1000 Business Information Systems Foundations 78.0 Distinction

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
ELEC 1103 Professional Electronic Engineering 61.0 Pass
MATH 1003 Integral Calculus and Modelling 60.0 Pass
MATH 1005 Statistics 73.0 Credit
PHYS 1003 Physics 1 (Technological) 64.0 Pass
SOFT 1001 Software Development 1 74.0 Credit

Hooray, credit average for the year...so close to my first distinctions too, aw well.

jpr333

HSC
stickywages said:
wow, 3 majors....
I didn't know you could have an Acct, Finc, and Claw major at the same time....I thought that if a unit was credited to a major it could not be counted towards another? Maybe I was misled.....but I have no idea what's going on with having more than 1 major and stuff related to that......I guess it's best to ask the SIO!

why do you want to transfer to commerce? don't you need to take extra core subjects for commerce then...and seeing that (HSC 2003) you might be graduating soon with your course...why transfer (that might keep you at uni longer...)
Yeah that may be an issue, i'm trying to avoid it by handing in one of those award planners. As for the possibility of 3 majors it's cause I'm in the anomaly year with the credit point changes, the only year you could really pull of the triple major in 3 years dealio.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Anyone in the Arts faculty gotten any results back yet? I'm still waiting for my last subject which happens to be English.

EDSP 2001 Counselling Practicum 1 Satisfied Requirements
EDUF 2007 Social Perspectives on Education 79.0 Distinction
ENGL 2611 Jane Austen and Her Contemporaries Result not yet available
PSYC 2013 Cognitive and Social Psychology 71.0 Credit
SCEL 2104 Science Elective 9 65.0 Credit

Was slightly freaking about PSYC and SCEL coz i needed credits to go on to next yr, and I got them! Thank the lord...though, 65 and 71 aren't particularly good marks for Psych honours, but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)