exams (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I'm 4 weeks at the end of first sem, 4 weeks at the end of second sem, 4 weeks at some point during third year, and 12 weeks in first sem 4th yr.

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
i kind of have one- borderline D/HD - if i get an 83 or 84 watch the news cos there will be carnage :chainsaw:

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
unlucky SJ, saw the lecturer today and found out i got 86 :D but i will go nuts just for you when i get my other marks

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Yeah, but prac is a lot more fun than exams!
I wish I had prac second sem this year. But nooo, gotta wait til the end of next sem :(

prac is FUN??!
are you nuts woman

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
i emailed my lecturer and he gave me my last one, All Ds this semester for me, back on the merit list :D

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
huzzah...i need an average of 75 in my 2 maths subjects to stay on the merit list ( i think) im not sure if the conditions are:

a) overall wam >77
OR
b) wam for year >77

if it is the former, then i should be sweet no matter what i get in my maths courses

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
shitty website said:
Dean's Merit List
Engineering, Surveying and Computer Science students

The Faculty recognises the achievement of those undergraduate Engineering, Surveying and Computer Science students who, having completed at least 80 units of their course (or at least 60 units if they have been granted credit), have attained a cumulative WAM of 77 or more at the conclusion of the academic year, by including the student's name on the Dean's Merit List. Students must also have achieved a term WAM of 70 or more in each semester of that academic year. The award is noted on the student's academic record. The award is also available to all students who are enrolled in a combined degree.

Head of School may recommend to the Dean of Engineering that a student who has achieved WAMs of other than those indicated above be included on the Dean's Merit List or that a particular student not be included on the Dean's Merit List. In such cases the Dean may either include a student on the Dean's Merit List in accordance with the recommendation of the Head of School or in accordance with the criteria detailed above.
http://www.eng.newcastle.edu.au/current/student-guide/policies-eng-ugrad.html

Hooray

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Prac is like the bestest invention in the world!
totally agreed

bummer that yours sucked stacie... are you not an early childhood type person?

I'm working 2day/week in a preschool at the moment (disability support) and I am now SO sure that primary is for me :D

em_516

bludging..
HSC
haha..maybe i couldn't have handled it in the long run, but i did work experience in year 10 at a pre school and i had SO much fun..the kids were all gorgeous (yes, some were shits, but easy to deal with) and i totally enjoyed cutting out gold stars and squares of coloured crepe paper for craft :p

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
now all i need to keep me on the dean's merit list is the sum of the 2 marks in my maths subjects to be over 124 which *should* happen. It turns out that i could actually fail both and my WAM would be >77 but to beat the clause of WAM >70 for each semester i need to score 124 overall in them :)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Haha, clive getting less than 62 in two Math subjects? Thats the closest thing to impossible I have seen written here;).

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
PrincessSJ said:
totally agreed

bummer that yours sucked stacie... are you not an early childhood type person?

I'm working 2day/week in a preschool at the moment (disability support) and I am now SO sure that primary is for me :D

no im def not an early childhood person...
i like kids and all, but not cleaning up their shit and general messiness, which is all we pretty much did.
being called a fucker, lazy bitch as well as the c word by 3 year olds was funny at first but quickly got old as well,,

rific

HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
no im def not an early childhood person...
i like kids and all, but not cleaning up their shit and general messiness, which is all we pretty much did.
being called a fucker, lazy bitch as well as the c word by 3 year olds was funny at first but quickly got old as well,,
You're my kinda people.

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
SoCal said:
Haha, clive getting less than 62 in two Math subjects? Thats the closest thing to impossible I have seen written here;).
it's nice to see that you have faith in me :)

but in one of my maths exams i only answered ~50/75 of an exam worth 75% and had 18/25 in the other 25% assessment giving me a max possible mark of 68 (without scaling) so I'm hoping for some scaling. Might come close to a HD in the other maths subjet though which would be nice?

Still think your in with a chance of 4 HDs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)