Excel Guides (1 Viewer)

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
Re: Excel Revise in a Month

i don't like the Maths ones. They're not very comprehensive.

gloom

HSC
N/A

the cafs one is useful. i find the english one shit.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
Re: Excel revision books and study guides?

I got my Chemistry study guide for $30. It was so useless. I didn't touch it at all. I prefer using textbooks.

thebrightside

HSC
The chemistry one is a lifesaver. Or maybe I'm just so bad at chem that I need it spelled out in very direct terms.

shady145

Banned
HSC
yea i got the revise in a month business and it was gross

random-1005

Banned
HSC
Hey everyone, I've heard about how excel guides aren't very good, but I was wondering why that is. I've got some of them but am wondering if its a good idea to keep using them if the books method isn't great or switch to better ones if I'm missing out or getting too much information on something.
Thanks

excel guides are pretty good, especially if you dont have the hours and hours to make your own notes.

random-1005

Banned
HSC

i don't like the Maths ones. They're not very comprehensive.

in maths they are only for a summary of formulas, and they do have worked examples of questions, but the main resource you should be using for maths are past papers and books with mixed questions.

random-1005

Banned
HSC
yea i got the revise in a month business and it was gross

lol just really shitty summaries, i borrowed revise maths exten1 in a month from our library and the questions are so simple, not even worth wasting ink on

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Excel Legal Studies is very good. It's probably the only Excel that should function as a main textbook.

random-1005

Banned
HSC
Excel Legal Studies is very good. It's probably the only Excel that should function as a main textbook.

the whole point of buying "study guides" is for a summary, i thought the goal was to condense the textbooks information into the main points to make it easier for learning, if you want a textbook, just buy a textbook, simple.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
the whole point of buying "study guides" is for a summary, i thought the goal was to condense the textbooks information into the main points to make it easier for learning, if you want a textbook, just buy a textbook, simple.
Yeah, and I'm saying that Excel Legal is better than all the other Legal textbooks.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
you serious aerath? i perferred the hamper, derwent and draper textbook over excel and only used it as reference.
OK....maybe it's just me. :p [Well, I was really referring to Prelim, not so sure about HSC, I dropped Legal in Yr 12. :p]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)