excuses not to come into work (1 Viewer)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yeah it is, its heaps easy to get someone in to cover in a big supermarket. At my work there are about 5 of us that do the same job that are off at any one time, so they will just call someone else in if i cant work... Whats bad is not working when they call you in as an emergency... only dont work if u legitimately cannot nder any circumstances work because say 2 people might not me working cause its their one day off, another cause he is legitimately sick so if the guy in front of you turns it down and so do you then they have no1 to cover for them and could loose alot of money that night cause of lack of workers.

that said i dont mind droping everything to come into work if iam not busy... its a bit of extra cash that i could use

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yeah, not working when they really need you is kind of slack, imagine how you would feel if you were your employer. if you absolutely really cannot come in for whatever reason then you cant, but if you can, you should. you get paid, you keep your employer happy, it's all good, everyone wins.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
iambored said:
the reason why people like that ^^ make me angry is because there are plenty of people looking for jobs that would not do that and companies keep people on who stuff them around for no reason

it isn't always 'easy' for them to get someone in and it also means someone else has to drop everything at the last minute to go to work. it's better than being in a small business though.
and to that a big get fucked. i've worked for small companies and NEVER fucked them over with shifts. if i said i was going to work then unless i was half dead i'd do the shift. however coles are always screwing my shifts around and giving me hours when i don't need them and cutting my hours when i do so sorry if i don't feel too obligated to be ms reliability. if i'm hungover and not in dire need of the money they can get fucked.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
glycerine said:
and to that a big get fucked. i've worked for small companies and NEVER fucked them over with shifts. if i said i was going to work then unless i was half dead i'd do the shift. however coles are always screwing my shifts around and giving me hours when i don't need them and cutting my hours when i do so sorry if i don't feel too obligated to be ms reliability. if i'm hungover and not in dire need of the money they can get fucked.
i was waiting for your reply, half the reason i posted mine, to get challenged because it's a topic i'm not sure about what's right and wrong, if there is one

i get the other side of it, it sucks that they have no idea of loyalty to staff (though in my experience either do small companies), so staff generally don't have loyalty to them, i get that it's a big company so it's not as bad, but i'm coming from the point of view of someone who looked for a year for a stable job, i knew i would do all my shifts and that they had people who wouldn't so being in that position sucked as well.

Last edited:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
fair enough.

if we look at my situation logically, most of my hangovers occur on saturday morning. one thing my store seems to do every saturday without failure is overstaff themselves. like you'd expect a supermarket to be superbusy on saturday but none of the last, say, ten saturdays i've worked have been. so in some roundabout way i'm doing them a favour. ;)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yeah if you are hungover then you arent in a condition to work.

if they roster you on for sat then u really shouldnt drink friday night as it shows irrisponsability and not commited to your job BUT if you are not actualy rostered on then you shouldnt have to put your social life on hold just in case they call you in to work...unless you are on call.

Like i turn down shifts all the time these days cause i need the time to study and i get pissed off when they call me at a time i planned on studying... iam happy working my 8hour rostered week... but after HSC i will work anytime they call me in... just like i have been up until about a month ago

P

pLuvia

get someone else to call, preferably a family member i.e. brother/sister, tell them to say you are sick - headache, flu etc, and say you are alseep so they can't speak with you :p works for me :):D

wevil

fuck u dicks i have left
HSC
N/A
since its christmas the store manager has had a crack down on people not working for stupid reasons. If they call us On a frday or saturday & u canty give them a good reason not to come to work then u have let the head boss down & he will sack you.

I was gunna go for a x-mas party tonight. but when i told me lione manager about it he said dont say u goit an x-mas party say u got a family meeting or aomething else tyhat is important. so i told my nightfill manager that i got an exam on friday & he said thats fine. 10 minutes agop they called me to say if i can work. i said i cant for tonight then they said why not then i said i can. so now i got to give up a x-mas party for stupid work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)