• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Exemption for P platers - best ways?? (1 Viewer)

Mr Will

HSC
CieL said:
He was lying in that one to see what response it generates from people like you.

you obviously failed to interpret my post correctly. shame on you. btw your camry doesnt have 140kw

CieL

HSC
Mr Will said:
btw your camry doesnt have 140kw
I don't know where you got that from because:
1. I never said my Camry has 140kw
2. I don't own a Camry
3. You obviously can't put facts together even when they're laid out in front of you

Shame on you.

Jiga

Mr Anti-Social said:
btw your camry doesnt have 140kw
I think to many hours working on cars and not enough among human beings has made Mr Will a very anti-social person :wave:

Anyway, I think he has been confused with myself, I own a Camry Vienta, and the specs tell me it has 138kw

Mr Will said:
since when are wagons slower than sedans you fucking dumbass
Wouldnt they be carrying alittle more weight?

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
I thought I'd interject before this got ugly again. Will is correct in this instance.
Not to mention lower Vmax from less aerodynamic body.
Well the differences there are negligible. The weight difference is around 30kg (if that). And acceleration is the same. Now whether these 30kgs have a significant weight on Vmax can only be discussed on a theoretical basis, but my guess is that again - it is negligible. All you need is to have an overweight driver, and that alone will compensate for the difference.

Volvo S40 T4 - 1321kg (sedan)
Volvo V40 T4 - 1340kg (wagon)

Jiga

I thought I'd interject before this got ugly again
Well its sad it has to come to that.... I was merely throwing up reason why it might be easier to beat.

Also, we are talking about old wagons v old sedans..... I couldnt say conclusively, but I compared a 1990 Falcon sedan v 1990 Falcon wagon and there was a 70kg difference...... still not alot but it would still have a minor effect.

Mr Will

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
I think to many hours working on cars and not enough among human beings has made Mr Will a very anti-social person :wave:

Anyway, I think he has been confused with myself, I own a Camry Vienta, and the specs tell me it has 138kw

the difference is marginal, and for the purpose of this argument, too small for consideration. the difference in acceleration from 0-100 would be less than 0.1 second, and thus the argument previous made that someone could "beat old v8 wagons' is stupid.

the v6 camrys make around 140 at the flywheel, but the 4cylinders dont, they are what i was refering to

Mr Will

HSC
CieL said:
Wrong

Porsches are under the category of high performance 6 cylinders so they're out

Most people aren't aware that the P platers aren't allowed to drive those..

not all porsches are.

Jiga

the difference is marginal, and for the purpose of this argument, too small for consideration. the difference in acceleration from 0-100 would be less than 0.1 second, and thus the argument previous made that someone could "beat old v8 wagons' is stupid.
Fair enough.... but I think his whole argument suggesting he could beat any V8 was stupid :D

CieL

HSC
Mr Will said:
the v6 camrys make around 140 at the flywheel, but the 4cylinders dont, they are what i was refering to
Then who were you referring to when you said "btw your camry doesnt have 140kw"

Thin air?

CieL

HSC
I guess his "pulling apart hundreds of engines" excludes Skylines.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Maybe someone should donate him a Skyline? It'd be a shame for all his technical know-how to go to waste when he clearly demands respect...

I admit that I don't know much about cars, but most of the crap which I post on BoS is based on experience I've had either driving, or riding alongside in whatever car I'm talking about.

Mr Will

HSC
http://www.about-autos.net/specs/1994.2/21703/

also look here, or try skylinesaustralia.com

skylines have RB series engines, of which three variations exist:

rb20 - 2.0l inline 6

rb25 - 2.5inline 6

rb26 - 2.6 inline 6

nissans 1.8/2litre 4 cylinder engines are SR series, which have NEVER been in skylines

there are turbo/non turbo variants of each, but ALL of them have six cylinders, count them, six. ive pulled apart skyline engines...have you?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Seriously Will, no one cares anymore. We're so very glad you spend your days pulling apart car engines, but a little bit worried that you seem to be fustrated in *some* other way and taking it out on forum members.

If someone gets a type of engine wrong, don't call them a fucking idiot. Its antisocial, so don't go wondering why people aren't being very nice in return. If you think you know better, kindly correct someone, don't call them a fucking idiot.

Mr Will

HSC
MiuMiu said:
Seriously Will, no one cares anymore. We're so very glad you spend your days pulling apart car engines, but a little bit worried that you seem to be fustrated in *some* other way and taking it out on forum members.

If someone gets a type of engine wrong, don't call them a fucking idiot. Its antisocial, so don't go wondering why people aren't being very nice in return. If you think you know better, kindly correct someone, don't call them a fucking idiot.

would you like a tissue?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)