Exercise books/binders/notepads (1 Viewer)

HSC
What type of books do you guys think is most effectvie for year 11? What are you guys going to get? Display folders, binders, exercise books, loose-leaf paper, notepads????

ShaunaJean

HSC
go for books, when i was in year 11 i went for the binder with loose leaf paper, and i lost heaps of work cause the paper kept breaking.

shakky15

HSC
want2beasenior said:
What type of books do you guys think is most effectvie for year 11? What are you guys going to get? Display folders, binders, exercise books, loose-leaf paper, notepads????

depends on the school/teacher. in years 7 - 11 i used A4 excercise books, but this doesnt really work in year 12, when everythings about the syllabus and teachers photocopy like crazy, and you get past papers coming out of your ears. in year 12 i used a system of exercise books plus a display folder for each subject (except chem and eco which i didnt have a exercise book for, and re which i didnt have a folio for). The exercise book is for writing, the folio for paper...

at the end of a topic, the folio is emptied into a binder, each subject has one. meh, worked for me.

if i was to start year 12 again i think i'd ditch the exercise books and folios altogether.. bringing a binder to school with a pad of looseleaf (holepunched) paper... then every few weeks i'd empty that out into subject specific binders at home.

hope that helps :)

HSC
I always used an exercise book for religion and maths. I also had a 2-ring binder though for maths, particularly for past papers.

I had a lever arch file for Bio, Ancient History and PDHPE. I always had heaps of handouts and notes for these and it just made everything easier.

For english I had display folders, one for each different module or text. These were colour coded via the module, and all of my work went in here though. This became very messy and a lever arch file probably would have been better.

Do a search on the topic though, because I know that there's been heaps of threads on this and different replies could give you different ideas, ya'know.

Last edited:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Next year I am going to be devising a system of display folders, excercise books and the big binder folders. I have talk to a few of the teachers already and know that they are going to be shoving photocopys down our throats + other irrelevant stuff I suppose.

HSC
i have display folder for just everything..from general life to school life

then a workbook which i just do to organise

and then i just use morning glory notebooks for each subject =]

suzlee

HSC
I was thinking about this too.. Until now, I've used exercise books for every subject and a display folder for general use.

I think I'll get a fat binder, loose paper + ex. books next year.

HSC
suzlee said:
I was thinking about this too.. Until now, I've used exercise books for every subject and a display folder for general use.

I think I'll get a fat binder, loose paper + ex. books next year.
are you suppsoed to carry the fat thing in your arms or in your bag?

lol ive never known which one

suzlee

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
are you suppsoed to carry the fat thing in your arms or in your bag?

lol ive never known which one
I think I'll carry it in my arms and put my bag in my locker ... if it fits.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
i have display folder for just everything..from general life to school life

then a workbook which i just do to organise

and then i just use morning glory notebooks for each subject =]
I LOVE morning glory stuff!!!

chichichip

chichichichichichichi....
HSC
supercalamari said:
I LOVE morning glory stuff!!!
I HATE morning glory stuff!!! It's too overpriced and really... crappy!:bomb:

layzeehbum

HSC
chichichip said:
I HATE morning glory stuff!!! It's too overpriced and really... crappy!:bomb:
i have to agree =)
they are getting more crap by the day i go there
but i dunno why i still go dere weneva i go 2 city/ chinatown ... (addiction)

the pens dont last that long either but i always try to get the notebuks since they are so cute (even thou im simply throwing money to waste)

best solution: get my stationeries from overseas (they are like 10 times cheaper)

layzeehbum

HSC
want2beasenior said:

i used buks for maths but then my teacher always skip topics and sumtimes u hav 2 come bak 2 dem again and its a huge hassle if u write in buks....
plus u do ur hw in the same buk as ur notebuk? dfnitely doesnt work for me...
so i use looseleaf but u hav 2 watch out for the paper ends since they tend to rip =(

the same thing for english. u get tons of worksheets. but it reali depends on the style ur teacher teach. for instance... my my eng teacher prefer to give out handouts n den we discuss highlights and scribble across the pages. we don't get any particular notes so it's pretty much like a lecture. but with the other class, they get less hand outs but lots of writings so they get more notes (which i find is a better method ) so they tend 2 use buks

i would go for a normal sized binder and plenty of loose leaf. hole punches and those circular stickers just in case if the bunder on the paper is ripped off.

speedofsound

HSC
layzeehbum said:
i used buks for maths but then my teacher always skip topics and sumtimes u hav 2 come bak 2 dem again and its a huge hassle if u write in buks....off.
lol, I had to read that sentence a few times to figure out what "buks" were.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
How hard is it to type 1 more letter?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)