Expectations (1 Viewer)

kathrynso

HSC
Lol, I love how you work Soul heehee. Too bad it doesn't work for me. But I don't work as hard as what everyone thinks. Which is funny.

My parents dont understand what the whole UAI & Uni thing, so basically its just up to me lol. I'm so lost =P They're alright, so expectations really because I can't translate what I'm going through in high school. I've made it this far.

I dont have too high expectations of myself. Just enough to get me into uni, as long as my friends keep reminding me that I can do it, they give me the motivation. Apparently I'm too modest. Ahhh

I know the whole pressure thing from teachers and the school. There's at least 3 people [me included] that the school reckons will get into the 90s. My years advisor wants me to get UAI of 95... I wish.. I still reckon, dance will make me suffer...

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
My parents just ask me what's the maximum UAI I could get if I get 90 for Engllish :mad1:

EDIT: And they want me to achieve that, if that wasn't clear.

Last edited:

-pari-

HSC
N/A
y'kno i think eng adv must be one of the hardest subjects to get a band 6 for. sucks big time

or at least thats the impression i get.

that and general maths me thinks

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
-pari- said:
y'kno i think eng adv must be one of the hardest subjects to get a band 6 for. sucks big time

or at least thats the impression i get.

that and general maths me thinks
Yeah I know eh, English Advancers going against the English Extensioners...

Also BoSer impression and expectation ie mainly SS, I think most BoSers would expect you to destroy all subjects, as in absolutely and infinitely destroy all of them (NB: I'm saying this in a nice way cuz I like many others think you will do really well :D).

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
I think my mum's secretly hoping I'll get into medicine or whatever, but she's happy as long as I'm doing what I enjoy. She's always delighted to hear when I get a good mark in an assignment I've been busting my hiney over (especially when I leave it till the last minute because the happiness pays off for the mental-ness).
Then there's the expectations from my teachers that I'll get some awesome UAI, like over 95. I found it annoying and weird at first but now it's more of a motivation to do well - I figure they'd be the ones to know if I've got it in me to make it.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
btw aire you dont need a 90 in english to get >99 :)

i know several ppl who have done so w/o a band 6 in english

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
-pari- said:
btw aire you dont need a 90 in english to get >99 :)

i know several ppl who have done so w/o a band 6 in english
mmm.... just make sure that you get a 90+ in everything else.

and at least an 85+ in English.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
^^ yep.....i forgot to mention the condition that you do really well in all your other subs :p
ie 90-95+

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
But I do hope for a 90 for English, despite having stuffed up 20% of it already :rolleyes: And it really helps that I've been preoccupied with other things so that zilch work has been since the holidays started :rolleyes:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
dr baby beanie said:
Also BoSer impression and expectation ie mainly SS, I think most BoSers would expect you to destroy all subjects, as in absolutely and infinitely destroy all of them (NB: I'm saying this in a nice way cuz I like many others think you will do really well :D).
Flattered, but I really think that won't happen :eek:

yosemite sam

HSC
IceOnFire said:
Sometimes I do wish that they would bribe me though, that would be a really good incentive to do good.

Blah.. like that's ever going to happen. :rolleyes:
i did 2u religion accelerated last year and my parents bribed me with $1 for each mark i got in the exam. and they better be doing it again this year

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
yosemite sam said:
$87 cos that was my exam mark :D:D:D (my hsc mark was 84)
wow, i wish my parents did that. haha
u can calculat how much i woulda got =p

ppl had too much expectations for me. lol
mum expected me to beat sisters (which i did)
business teacher expected me to get b6 in business (which i didn't :()
everyone expected me to be working /studying supper duper hard
which i really didn't do. lol
spent more time on teh comp then nething else,,

Dave2007

HSC
Expectations suck.

For example at my school they expect the top 50 in the year to get a UAI above 98. I've always been around 50th in the year. So if I get less than that, the school, parents and friends will think I'm either stupid or have done no work, when in reality I plan to and may just stuff something up.

Expectations are good for goal setting, but only when its quite possible for you to exceed them.

nadine06

HSC
Dave2007 said:
Expectations are good for goal setting, but only when its quite possible for you to exceed them.
i agree
i think expectations can be both good and bad
good cause it motivates you and makes you try harder

but bad because there is also that pressure/question at the back of you mind "what will every1 say if you dont meet the expectations???"
i mean family and friends and relatives. it like they hype it up so much and every1 is always asking you about it because they expect so much of you. its sometimes my fault but cause i give them a reason by doing reasonalby well to expect something and i hate that of you dont achieve it its such a bad thing

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
to be honest with everyone, i had the whole

"i don't give a shit bout what everyone thinks about me" with regards to the whole parade about my results. i didn't care what everyone else thought (including relatives) as long as i was happy with my result

and i am =]
nothing can beat teh self satisfaction that you obtain when u try ur hardest.
try your hardest and no-one can blame you,
just remember that =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)