Ext English 1: Possibility of specifying a text? (1 Viewer)

kirstyanne-xx

HSC
Any thoughts or opinions on the likelihood of the paper specifying a particular prescribed text for the essay? It usually has said just two prescribed texts and texts of your own choosing.
I do Texts and Ways of Thinking, Romanticism, if it helps.

HSC
unlikely, though I would prepare for it nonetheless

are you preparing an essay btw?

kirstyanne-xx

HSC
I hope they don't specify. I'll focus on 2 and take a third as back up just in case.

Not exactly, I'm extracting the techniques, quotes, analysis, conceptual links etc from my best essay I did for an assignment and memorise those, so I can adapt the analysis to the question :) I'm memorising my creative back to front though.

ReneeApple

HSC
How could they do that? People only study 3 texts out of a much larger list.

HSC
i study wuthering heights, coleridge (too many poems with this cunt) and keats

keats is the best imo

i've prepared a creative, gonna edit it til sunday night then memorise it

preparing an essay for that off-chance that it will fit, but i'm also gonna be focusing on 3 poems by coleridge/keats and wuthering heights

twoey

HSC
I don't think they would/can- if I remember correctly there are 5 texts in the module (I do Romanticism too!) and you have to study 3, so if they did specify a text there is a chance that neither of us would have studied it...

13abie

HSC
they not allowed, but they can ask you to use at least 3 texts

maryroser

HSC
do you think that they would specify only 1 related? also how has everyone structured their essays? everyone at my school has done it different ways, most by texts others have integrated and done it by paradigms or time periods?

eyeswideshut

HSC
I don't think they would/can- if I remember correctly there are 5 texts in the module (I do Romanticism too!) and you have to study 3, so if they did specify a text there is a chance that neither of us would have studied it...
yep I do romanticism and I don't think they can- its a study of Romanticism after all and not of texts, especially cos we might do different texts. its like belonging... they couldn't make you write on something.

ReneeApple

HSC
Well, they've never asked for more than 2 before. Hopefully this year isn't the year they decide excess cruelty is permissible.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Not all schools study the same texts, so it's not really possible

BornToHula

HSC
N/A
How could they do that? People only study 3 texts out of a much larger list.
This. They can't specify prescribed texts because we don't study all of them.

But I'm worried about additional texts. Could they specify at least two additional texts?

kirstyanne-xx

HSC
This. They can't specify prescribed texts because we don't study all of them.

But I'm worried about additional texts. Could they specify at least two additional texts?
Yeah Extension places emphasis on your own research and understanding. If you look at past papers it always says "texts" of your own choosing, thus 2 related texts. Always take in 2 related.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Since there are 5 and you have to study 3 it's possible they could specify "write about at least one of A, B, C" but I highly doubt it.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah Extension places emphasis on your own research and understanding. If you look at past papers it always says "texts" of your own choosing, thus 2 related texts. Always take in 2 related.
This. They want you to be widely read for extension.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)