Extension English 2 (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey guys and girls

i'm just wondering who is considering taking up 4 unit next year

i put my name down as a maybe, but i'm not sure whether i'll go thru with it because it seems like a lot of work and a lot of dedication, or so i've heard

who else is thinking of doing 4 unit?

plz reply if ur considering it

Chocolat

HSC
I would LOVE to do English Extension 2...the ability of having the freedom to produce your own work/interpretation of previous works in whatever media medium available, is just SO appealing.
Just one slight problem. I detest English Extension 1. And I'll be damned if I have to study LOTR for my HSC. Thus why I am dropping it and consequently, not doing 4 Unit English :).
But if you enjoy it and are good at it...then for for it:D.

Chocolat

HSC
LottoX said:
You don't have to do LOTR...
At our school, we are forced to study Speculative Fiction for English Extension 1. And since I don't like LOTR...I won't be doing English Extension 1. Thus, no English Extension 2 for moi....very sadly :(.

Chocolat

HSC
LottoX said:
Well some people do EEXT I just so they can do EEXT II, you may be one of those people. Unless you're currently not doing EEXT I, that'd be inconvenient.
I'm sure they do...but I've already had to hand in my subject confirmation form for Year 12...and I officially dropped English Extension 1...and somehow I don't think the teachers would be too welcoming of someone doing English Extension 2, while they are doing just alright in English Extension 1...which is most definitely my case haha.

kloudsurfer

HSC
Ooooh, I am definetly doing it.

From what i hear, yes, it does take a lot of time and effort, but if you put it in, you'll come up with something really amazing and it will be worth it.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
nicholaaaaaasss

hAAve my Babbbbiiieess!!!!!!! u SXC BEAAAST!!!

HSC
eewwwwwwwwwwwwww, live.fast u dirty grott, if ur gna post, at least keep between the boundaries, i mean come on, yuk

btw, live.fst is doing 4 unit next year, and he'll probably do dam well too, but me, well i'm not so sure

and yeh, i heard that when ur finished 4 unit, u end up with a work u put hepas of work into, and u feel very proud, thats wat keeps me interested in it, but the amount of work scares me

still not sure wat to do

live.fast

HSC
N/A
LOLOL do ext 2 eng popzzz

den we can write storiesss about our SEXual encounterzzz YEAAAHH!!

princy

HSC
I am definitely doing Extension Two, along with Extension History. I dropped maths for these two subjects, this makes me very very happy.

amisha_amisha

I'm a Title now?
HSC
Yesh! Go for it! :) :) :) You really don't have to be that intellectual or brilliant at English to go well in Extension 2 - remember a lot does depend on how organised you are, how creative your major work is, how original your work is, and the ability to show flair and sophistication. If you are passionate about it, try it! If you are doing 11 or 12 units, then you can still drop it if you feel it is too much work or you are struggling.

LOL. I'm actually only picking up Ext 2 so I could drop Business Studies... but I don't like English that much, but I can't help that I'm good at it. ~laugh~ Sorry to brag.

Elke

HSC
Yeah I reckon I'll give it a go. Although being the severe procrastinator that I am I'm already apprehensive about my ability to just get stuck into the work. Ahh well at least now I can drop chemistry and extension maths!

NobodyKnows

HSC
basketcase89 said:
My school doesn't want anybody doing it.

How encouraging.
Neither did mine, my year advisor and DPs had meetings with all our parents and told them to discourage us from taking it, sent letters home strongly advising against us taking the subject, etc, but lo and behold - three of us did it, we loved it, we went well (or so we THINK lol). So a big fat NERNY NERNY NER NER to the executive of my school.....

I only do Ext I to do Ext II, and I'm doing English teaching at Uni next year - if you want to do it, then do it - you just need to be really motivated and head strong, because it's a majorly independent course. There isn't an Excel guide to help you through, and your teachers aren't going to spoon feed you.

PS For Ext I -- Crime Fiction is the bomb. Soooo many people do it, you have resources at your fingertips and it's piss easy.

Good luck with your decision!! :)

NobodyKnows

HSC
Elke said:
Yeah I reckon I'll give it a go. Although being the severe procrastinator that I am I'm already apprehensive about my ability to just get stuck into the work. Ahh well at least now I can drop chemistry and extension maths!
Hm.

TERM FOUR, LAST YEAR: Weeee, Ext II!! I get to write a story, yay! Let's get stuck into it!! I have so many ideas just waiting to be written down!!

TERM ONE: First draft done, yessss.... only problem is, it sucks, oh noes!!

TERM TWO: God, Ext II is so crap, I wish I'd never taken the damn course, I won't get it finished, I'll fail, I'll go soooo bad and it'll be a huge disappointment....

TERM THREE: Man, I can't wait until I get to hand this fcuker in, I don't care about the quality of it now, I just want it to be over. It would help, I suppose, if I had an ending.... and a Reflection Statement....

4am the night before the due date (technically the morning of the due date) involved:

me, coffee, frantic, ending of a story, Reflection Statement. ;) Oh and a grand total of 4 hours sleep all weekend - Friday through Sunday. And then I had a week to prepare for Trials, which I'd neglected greatly.

Not to deter anyone, because I really did enjoy it.... the motivation kinda fizzled out halfway through, though.

Heh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)