Extension English 2 (1 Viewer)

syera

HSC
N/A
I'm doing ext 2 :) and im not at all worried about it being too much work, because i'm doing 11 units, so if i do feel any pressure, but i think i will probably keep it anyway, so i have that extra unit and i love english!
I'm actually looking really forward to both ext 2 english and history extension, because we are able to create our own works based on our interests and abilities.. which appeals to me!
sooo if ur creative, organised etc, then sure go for it! but dont go in feeling apprehensive before you've even started the subject - because that won't help u - be positive!

dreamer7

HSC
I am doing Ext 2 and it is probably the one subject I am actually LOOKING FORWARD to! Mind you, I do love Modern.

Anyway, I think that if you love English and have a passion for writing you should GO FOR IT. Bear in mind that you'll have to be extremely well-organised (as NobodyKnows said) and really get stuck into it early on.

sp0ntane0us

traveller of time & space
HSC
Yeah I'm doing ext 2.
I'm looking forward to it A LOT. It appears to be a lot of work, but also very rewarding.

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
NobodyKnows said:
Neither did mine, my year advisor and DPs had meetings with all our parents and told them to discourage us from taking it, sent letters home strongly advising against us taking the subject, etc, but lo and behold - three of us did it, we loved it, we went well (or so we THINK lol). So a big fat NERNY NERNY NER NER to the executive of my school.....
LOL.

We have only one teacher that can teach the Extension II course, apparently. My school's excuse was that because only one student (myself) wanted to pick up the extra unit of English, it 'was not worth' anyone's time. Then my teacher started going on about how it's a really difficult course and I didn't want to cause myself more stress.

WTF.

HSC
Im definetly thinking about it. I just need to figure out wat other subject im going to drop first because i think 14 units is too many.

kloudsurfer

HSC
basketcase89 said:
My school doesn't want anybody doing it.

How encouraging.
Seriously?

Can they do that?

If I were you I would do it just to piss them off.

kloudsurfer

HSC
LottoX said:
Everyone do poetry! =))))
Or not! =)))))

Seriously though, Ive already decided to do a short story or a series of short stories.

Whats everyone else planning to do?

Snarkie

HSC
I'm will probably be doing 4 unit english next year... or this year... wow, how creepy.

I don't think I'm great at english but extension 2 sounded interesting. I would most likely make a film, or that critical response thing but I don't think I'm even going to go near short stories. I'm also doing extension history and visual art so that's 3 "major" works for next year...but I'm really excited :)

Amaybro

HSC
I'm doing Extension 2 English :D - i love english as a subject overall and it gives me the option to express my creativity (while stress from other subjects beats me up to the pulp :p)

I think the hardest part will be to choose a powerful (and extremely unique) theme and consistently develop it (with depth) over the entire piece... (thats what i get from my VA major work anyway)

I'm considering either short story or critical writing, our teacher suggests to stay away from critical writing and i'd love to do a short story but i hate the subjectivity in marking :(

Amaybro

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Are you going to say that to everybody who is trying to decide whther they want to do extension 2 english? :)
Are you trying to decide? if you are.. then Do It :)

Amaybro

HSC
So your NOT as crazy as i am :( ah well always worth a shot :p

Amaybro

HSC
LoL are you doing cosmology? I've always been interested in cosmology, more so than philosophy, but the fact that i don't do physics and would probably be unable to cope made me choose philosophy instead...

Amaybro

HSC
Same here, ill see you at the info. evening i suppose ;)

Anyway back to topic,

SoulSearcher said:
Ok, I will.
how do you plan to do that?

More to the point,

Anyone reading this do ext-2 english :)

hpk

HSC
Amaybro said:
Same here, ill see you at the info. evening i suppose ;)

Anyway back to topic,

how do you plan to do that?

More to the point,

Anyone reading this do ext-2 english :)
I'm doing ext 2. Except we haven't started. Out of 360 students 120 do ext 1 and 60 do ext 2. We have 6 teachers with 10 in each class.

ext 2 is going to be the best subject of the hsc and the most rewarding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)