Extra marks given investigation (1 Viewer)

alphabetafeta96

I swear im not a cat lady
HSC
Uni Grad
Okay so recently I got a business assessment back where I *got* 59.5/60 however looking at the questions in detail I saw that they had not noticed 1 mark that I had loss on a question, hence they had added the marks up incorrectly so in actual fact my mark was 58.5/60. Another girl in my class who I really don't like because of her foul attitude ( lets call her Person A) also got 59.5/60 and there is sort of a sense of competition between us in the classroom.

In the end I decided that it would be better If I told my teacher about the extra mark and did, which made me feel better about myself however made me lose my rank as 2. THEN at the end of the lesson I see Person A complaining about the half mark that wasn't given to her on a " conflicting shareholders" question and she started to whine and complain for 5 minutes until my teacher gave in and gave her the extra half mark and hence she is now ranked 1, with me I'm guessing being around at least 5-8.

I'm happy with the decision I made but I'm curious how other people on bored of studies would have reacted?

Who would keep the added mark to themselves and who would tell the teacher?

Discuss. :cool:

astroman

HSC
a lot of the time's the teacher will give accidental extra marks but why would you want to tell them that so you get it taken off?? I've never seen any1 tell the teacher that lol

alphabetafeta96

HSC
Uni Grad
Well for me, If I didnt say anything then It would feel to me that I didnt deserve the mark that I was given.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd probably take any extra marks in English :eek: ( But that's a more grey area).

Honestly ideally I'd take the mark as it comes with extra marks; and If it was only 1/2-1 mark then I wouldn't mind people who are 'nice' and
consistently 'try' extremely hard. Or those who are willing to help others.

However from the rare times it happen in earlier years of high school I told the teacher as it i) didn't count for anything ii) I didn't want a guilty conscience later...

Annoying about the 'person A', and I hope you beat them in trials ;)

Fiction

HSC
Personally I wouldn't keep the mark. Honestly one mark isn't worth the amount of guilt I'll be facing haha xD But that's just me. I know like 95% of the time, my friends wouldn't return the mark - or if they did, they'll do it reluctantly (and it's usuallu b/c someone else found out about their added mark)

alphabetafeta96

HSC
Uni Grad
Personally I wouldn't keep the mark. Honestly one mark isn't worth the amount of guilt I'll be facing haha xD But that's just me. I know like 95% of the time, my friends wouldn't return the mark - or if they did, they'll do it reluctantly (and it's usuallu b/c someone else found out about their added mark)
good to know there's someone else!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)