Extremely Worried. (1 Viewer)

IceKool15

HSC
Hi all,

I'm really worried about Geography, due to the fact that my Geography class is dropkick (where there's students who just muck and around and don't give a damn/bludge and don't do jack rash). I'm scared that those "students" would drag the whole class down in terms of the HSC marks.

Would like some feedback. Also would like to hear if you're in a similar situation (or different subjects).

Last edited:

chardy2651

HSC
the same problem for me lol and there is only 14 people in the class

Pete15551

HSC
N/A
Hahaha my Geography class was exactly how you explained it. It was a class of 8 boys, and these 8 boys are possibly to worst 8 people you could have in one class. We were disruptive, loud, rude and just extremely stupid. Our geography class was known among the year as the class of dropkicks, haha. We had many drop-kicks, except for about 3 people who SOMEWHAT cared, one of which included myself. By the end of the year, you just have to concern yourself with your internal rankings. Make sure you get 1st to eliminate the threat of people dragging your marks down. Also consult your teacher one-on-one when experiencing difficulty with a certain issue or for clarity on a certain topic. I received a mark of 84 in geography, which I was quite content with considering the year I had.

But overall, you can't do anything about the class. Just try stay focused and follow the syllabus, and you are guaranteed at least a Band 5. Geography is quite an easy topic too, and it scales reasonably well.

P.S. 3 out of the 8 boys in my class received a Band 5 in Geography (This had shocked everyone ;))

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
You wanna hear a good cramming story. Ok. Setting the scene. Its the last week of HSC exam block, I have 2 exams within 3 days. Biology (monday) and geography (wednesday). Knowing that my internals were crap, I chose to neglect geography and gun for a good bio mark (doing 12 units, so geo wouldn't count). So prior to the biology exam (ie for the past 7 weeks) I had done no geography study. come Tuesday, the day before my geo exam, I knew I couldn't cram in 1 year of the course within a one day period. Within the geography syllabus there are 3 topics, all of which I neglected to study that day. I instead decided to wing the exam, and memorise two essays for the hsc extended response section, which I predicted would be the question. so essentially each essay covered 1 dotpoint from two of the 3 topics, and hence at this given time I only had knowledge of around about 3% of the whole geo course. after several hours of rinse and repeat memorisation I had fully remembered these two 20/20 essays word for word. but other than that I was screwed for the rest of the paper. come the day of the exam. during reading time, I first flicked to the back of the paper. and guess what, the questions I predicted and memeorised for, were not the questions. I begin muttering swear words underneath my breath and I am full face palming right now. so when I saw these different extended response questions I knew I was mega fked. and on top of this, I knew nothing about the other content within the paper, as the only study I did was remember two essays for two specific dot points. and so. basically I neglected the questions in the extended response and spilled out the two essays I remembered even tho they didn't answer the question and were on entirely different dotpoints. and further more for the short response questions, as I didn't know the content I had to make up utter bullshit. and so, I came out of the exam thinking I would have gotten a mystery mark equivalent <30. come day of hsc results, I got 89 hsc mark.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Hi all,

I'm really worried about Geography, due to the fact that my Geography class is dropkick (where there's students who just muck and around and don't give a damn/bludge and don't do jack rash). I'm scared that those "students" would drag the whole class down in terms of the HSC marks.

Would like some feedback. Also would like to hear if you're in a similar situation (or different subjects).
My Ancient History cohort was like this. Come ranked first, and nobody can stop you or bring your marks down other than yourself.

Hopp

HSC
Your situation sounds exactly like mine! My Geography class consists of 20 students, and although there are no disruptive or "dropkick" students, there are only 3 students (including myself) that actually put strenuous effort and study in, with the hope of a high score. The rest of the students are just cruising through and working only when they have to, and 75% of these kids get AWFUL scores. It kind of aggravates me that these people have the potential to bring down my score but I have high hopes of finishing 1st internally (as should you), which would eliminate this potential problem.

I guess going to a public school, things like this can't be helped, but yeah in the end all you can do is achieve the best score you can and aim to top the class. Good luck!

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
You have to play the game too.

Basically, just pretend you do nothing when you get home. This will in turn discourage any potential opponent from doing study too because of their belief of no competition.

"Are you going to study geography tonight? your friend will ask. In which case you'll respond with, "no, I'm studying my motorbike or my makeup" (whatever suits your gender).

Secretly, you're going to be doing six hours a day at home, owning in the upcoming half yearlies. Attain a first rank. Solidify it in trials and the last assessment task. Go into the HSC with the peace of mind that you're invulnerable.

gilza95

HSC
This is what you did in business and legal and you still got dicked cunt

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
You have to play the game too.

Basically, just pretend you do nothing when you get home. This will in turn discourage any potential opponent from doing study too because of their belief of no competition.

"Are you going to study geography tonight? your friend will ask. In which case you'll respond with, "no, I'm studying my motorbike or my makeup" (whatever suits your gender).

Secretly, you're going to be doing six hours a day at home, owning in the upcoming half yearlies. Attain a first rank. Solidify it in trials and the last assessment task. Go into the HSC with the peace of mind that you're invulnerable.
Welcome, 2014ers to snaking.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Remember that quote of how SB made some kid at school very happy and had a future in LoL?

I can't find it but.
I would have to search pretty deep for that. used to be my sig months ago.

it was how a kid went to tafe, he was sad, so SB gave him a LoL account, then the kid become god tier.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I would have to search pretty deep for that. used to be my sig months ago.

it was how a kid went to tafe, he was sad, so SB gave him a LoL account, then the kid become god tier.
Yeah that was it.

I can't even remember the thread it was in lol.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
long story short. u establish a false fascade that you don't do any work, but in actuality you are working your ass off. this creates a false sense of security for your peers, and hence while they are lazy, you can thus establish a competitive advantage so that you can rank 1 internals.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
long story short. u establish a false fascade that you don't do any work, but in actuality you are working your ass off. this creates a false sense of security for your peers, and hence while they are lazy, you can thus establish a competitive advantage so that you can rank 1 internals.
In a way snaking is bad for you because the other peers could have maybe gotten higher marks which could have pushed you up a little.

Key word: Maybe.

Hopp

HSC
Hahah wow, that's interesting. I personally wouldn't ever do that but I can see the potential advantages lol.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I started snaking too late in English. I was 7th overall, but I came 2nd in trials.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)