F**k Camden is stupid Part II: The Proposed Islamic Cemetery (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
*sigh* trolls, i dont get em..

But yeah, this topic is gone off a huge tangent.
Main thing is, muslims are not evil, only the extremists are.

walkahz said:
Look at the majority of muslim countrys and how fucked up they are all they do is fight against each other. Why should we let that SCUM into our country in the first place?
Yes most muslim countries are fucked up and have bad living conditions, but what about their leaders? Im sure they got nice big mansions with cool drinks and servants and stuff. Thats because the LEADERS of those countries are fucked up, all this power for that person and they become greedy. All those islamic african countries are like that. As for others like afghanistan and iraq, they were flattened by good ol' usa, no wonder theyre fucked up, as for pakistan, no leader there knows how to run the country either because of inexperience or corruptness or both.

This doesnt mean that muslims living in australia are scum, or that muslims are scum in general.

Garygaz

HSC
Camden POV: A religious group that has been highlighted in the media for terrorism, sexist views and cult-like practices want to set up a school (firstly) in our town now they want to set up a cemetery to have an ever-increasing presence in our traditionally Catholic town.

Whilst fundamentally wrong, if you were living isolated away in Camden and the News was your every source of the outside world, you can see where they are coming from, yes?

Btw did you know the word News comes from North-East-South-West though they switched South and West to make it sound better :p

Mothers

Banned
HSC
Okay now, I'm sure I'm going to get pissed on for this comment, but I couldn't care less.

To be honest, I sort of understand where the Camden people are coming from. I mean, most of these people have probably never seen a Muslim before, nor have they acquainted themselves with any proper knowledge about Muslims. The only 'knowledge' they've got about Muslims is from the media, and we all know what the media is like. So obviously they'd be opposed to a group whom the media portray in a negative light; it's only natural.

Seriously, who here would be comfortable if I were to position a large group of African Americans in the middle of your suburb? Most of us (even though some of us wouldn't like to admit it) view African Americans as criminals and why is that? Because we watched the loitering that occurred after Hurricane Katrina and we hear in the media on a daily basis about the killings that said individuals commit. Even though there are undoubtedly a ton of good African Americans, most individuals wouldn't be aware of that because we're so absorbed in what the media tell us, and usually take it to be the word of truth.

We just aren't willing to do our own research.

Garygaz

HSC
Your comment and mine are alike. It's only human to be afraid of things you don't understand, yet people make you out to be bogan scum if you are. Sometimes people are racist/xenophobic WITH precedence, REAL events that happen, some even in Australia (terrorists have been jailed for plotting attacks here) sway what they think. To be quite honest, you'd have to be quite incredible to just let it pass over your head. Yes, it's wrong to be racist, but sometimes you can't just be politically correct and understand that these people have a right to be concerned about who moves into their community.

In saying that you just can't discriminate because of religion, which brings us back to the theory that we should be like France and be a pure secular state. Ohhh this loop argument could go on for years :(

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
garygaz said:
Whilst fundamentally wrong, if you were living isolated away in Camden and the News was your every source of the outside world, you can see where they are coming from, yes?
It's not isolated you stupid cunt. You've proven yourself more dimwitted and ignorant than all the people of Camden combined with your fuckish comments. Go kill yourself. Oh, oh, and I'm sure you receive all your information about current affairs from non-news sources, dickwad.

Mothers said:
We just aren't willing to do our own research.
Pretty sure the people of Camden have based their somewhat unfortunate views on actual statistics and whatever. I mean, I don't want to be viewed as racist here BUT STATISTICALLY SPEAKING NIGGAS ARE DANGEROUS PEOPLE. Same goes with Muslims. Yeah we should probably defeat this belief if it's not true. My guess is the best way to defeat this backwards beliefs is not by putting a Muslim school and cemetary in the middle of the suburb.

Garygaz

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
It's not isolated you stupid cunt. You've proven yourself more dimwitted and ignorant than all the people of Camden combined with your fuckish comments. Go kill yourself. Oh, oh, and I'm sure you receive all your information about current affairs from non-news sources, dickwad.
Without pointless ranting on, no you are wrong. They have essentially proved that they are isolated in their ideas and beliefs through their continual protests and patriotic ignorance, as opposed to what would happen if the same situation happened in another part of Australia. If you are unable to synthesize with another person and try to understand their point of view, whether you agree with it or not, then you are very closed minded. If you READ (a basic literacy skill learnt in school) my comment, you will realise I was trying to express what I thought their understanding of the whole issue was.

Feel free to call me a cunt, it really makes you look like an internet tough guy.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Yes, it does, thankyou for expanding my awesomely sized ego.

Garygaz said:
They have essentially proved that they are isolated in their ideas and beliefs through their continual protests and patriotic ignorance
These beliefs are isolated now? Feel free to view that thread a while ago about NSW being the most racist state, and I think you'll find that racism pervades Australia a little further than Camden!

And I didn't take issue with the rest of your post, only that part, so no need to get all huffed and puffed.

Garygaz

HSC
But I think it's fair to say that potentially Camden is more racist than perhaps the Northshore or other Sydney suburbs? Yes?

kloudsurfer

HSC
Garygaz said:
I guess so, but I wouldn't want to stay in a community where I was going to be hated. That's what they have to deal with if they want to fixate themselves there, hatred and hypocrisy. I can guarantee, if the graveyard was built, the townspeople would graffiti and defecate on them in any way possible, just listen to how irrational and angry they are. It's a lose-lose situation, but that's life.
Uh, and you guys know this how?

Seriously, I agree that camden is full of racist bogans (id know, i live there), but they arent disrespectful enough to do such a thing.

I cant be bothered to comment on the issue because its been done to death. Cant wait till I can move out of Camden...

Garygaz

HSC
kloudsurfer said:
Uh, and you guys know this how?

Seriously, I agree that camden is full of racist bogans (id know, i live there), but they arent disrespectful enough to do such a thing.

I cant be bothered to comment on the issue because its been done to death. Cant wait till I can move out of Camden...
From watching interviews with some of the residents. I'm not saying the whole community would do it, but say the younger residents who have those values past on from their parents.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
You sir, are a statistics king. Interviews are an excellent cross section of the community. PLEASE CONTINUE SPREADING YOUR EXCELLENCE!

Garygaz

HSC
+ the protests gave a pretty good overview of the communities sentiment.... if you remember watching the news you would remember the hundreds of bogan protestors... which does give a good cross section of the community, at least to the extent that i could make that statement.

Garygaz

HSC
First of all you're talking about all suburbs under the Camden council, thats like saying all the quoting the size of willoughby as all of the suburbs under the greater willoughby. Real population of Camden is more like 7000. Secondly, if you READ my post

I can guarantee, if the graveyard was built, the townspeople would graffiti and defecate on them in any way possible, just listen to how irrational and angry they are. It's a lose-lose situation, but that's life.
I was stating that there would be retaliation. That doesnt require a whole town, just a few.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I'll go to one of the meetings and canvass just how many people there were from Camden proper

I'm willing to bet $100 that the majority (not absolute, if we want to be specific) were from out of that area.

i mean, i would know, i live there, you dumb ignorant fuck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)