Fahrenheit 9/11 (1 Viewer)

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Well, I saw the movie last night!!! It was good, but I don't know if I'd want to see it again. There where some pretty gruesome parts in which you saw the blood and guts of little kids.

You also saw how Bush Snr. and Jnr. had links to the Bin Laden family and the Saudis, both economically and socially.

I'd recommend it to anyone.

cj_bridle: Totally agree with what you said. It was based on the truth but Moore just exagerated it-heaps.

There was a discussion at the end and I got "booed" off. Probably because I said I was a Liberal and this night was a Labor Party fundraiser-oops!

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I watched it awhile ago and while i thought it was good in the fact that it is put together so evocatively..i also think at times sweeping statements were made and it wasnt really anything new.

The one thing i really didnt like was the way he took advantage of the womens personal grief for his doco.

I dont really like Micheal, i think he's too bombastic and in many ways he is becoming in many ways what he opposed but just with leftist views.

Nevertheless, i still thought it was quite good but i was kinda peeved that i paid $11 to watch a doco, i mean i could have watched mean girls instead ;)

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
Do we believe Moore's propanganda? Or the Governments? How silly for some to be clouded by left wing antics, and how silly that others believe everything the government tells them...*PeaCe*

shazzam

acta est fabula
HSC
Moore's purpose is to portray the truth in the same way that the Bush administration has been, with the difference being that he admits to what he's making as being propaganda.
He says, "we are not persuading anyone in this film," meaning that people only go to see the film if they find problems with the US government anyway.
Hell, everything we see or hear stems from some opinion or other so if you believe anything at all, and how can we help but do, you're already being brainwashed by the evil media.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
shazzam said:
Moore's purpose is to portray the truth in the same way that the Bush administration has been, with the difference being that he admits to what he's making as being propaganda.
He says, "we are not persuading anyone in this film," meaning that people only go to see the film if they find problems with the US government anyway.
Hell, everything we see or hear stems from some opinion or other so if you believe anything at all, and how can we help but do, you're already being brainwashed by the evil media.
He just extends the truth a bit. Even though I agree with his general gist.

Last edited:

CrashOveride

HSC
Everyone has their own agenda to push.

And if you felt guilty about paying for it, you could have just DL it from BitTorrent etc.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Saw this today and I got to say, it made both Bush and Britney Spears look like a pair of absolute tools. I never really knew that Bush's answers to questions were so fucking daft!

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Loz#1 said:
Saw this today and I got to say, it made both Bush and Britney Spears look like a pair of absolute tools. I never really knew that Bush's answers to questions were so fucking daft!
What about the Western bit...that was so bloody funny. Where gonna blow 'em out!

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
BTW, Britney Spears looked like the biggest dick...any admiration I had for her has been lost forever...stupid bitch.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Which Western bit sorry?

How can anyone take her seriously when she's sitting there chewing like a cow in that ridiculous wig?

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Loz#1 said:
Which Western bit sorry?

How can anyone take her seriously when she's sitting there chewing like a cow in that ridiculous wig?
The bit where Bush starts to say "where gonna smoke 'em out" and then Bush and his dudes heads come on to the heads of the western dudes from some show.

What did she says again? Something about trusting their president and some more crap...god she looked stupid.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Haha, now I remember. The way it was edited was amusing. Bush is a one trick pony.

Yeah, she got asked if she trust Bush and started spurting out some bullshit whilst looking idiotic.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Loz#1 said:
Haha, now I remember. The way it was edited was amusing. Bush is a one trick pony.

Yeah, she got asked if she trust Bush and started spurting out some bullshit whilst looking idiotic.
I liked the part how Moore hires the Mr. Whippy truck and drives around congress reading out the Patriot Act...that was hilarious!!! What about the part when the Senator or Congreeman dude says "We don't read half the acts we pass." That was such a stupid thing to say...guess whos not getting re-elected?!? Unless they rig the election again.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
They actually said alot of stupid things I bet they wish they didn't say now.

And when Moore was trying to get congressmen/senators to enlist their children. What bastards.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Loz#1 said:
They actually said alot of stupid things I bet they wish they didn't say now.

And when Moore was trying to get congressmen/senators to enlist their children. What bastards.
Yeah...that was so funny...when I went there was a discussion on at the end...that was so good! It was for an ALP fundraiser...and I'm a Liberal...so I got so much crap! It was funny though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)