Fail the Trials (1 Viewer)

HSC
I think I did alright for all the exams except for maths :vcross: and worst of all maths was worth the most, like forty percent of our mark or somethin and both math units are gonna count for me :(

cerebrum

HSC
I think I only failed IT. I did pass my other exams however I can't say I'm pleased with the results. It does worry you as it goes towards your UAI. Unfortunately for me I was aiming high. I'd probably have to study twice as much for the HSC to keep my marks up.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
When you guys say FAIL do you mean like below 50% or is it like one of those 'OMG I didnt get over 90' rants?

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
i just finished my trials yesterday. and i seriously am confident i failed at the least 2. Maths and the second english paper...

LiL_JeN_JeN

WTF is Goonie Goo Goo
HSC
Well...4th post in a topic and 4th time Im mentioning my maths exam.
I FAILED! To be honest, I thought Id done better than what I did (even though I left out an entire question). I just do not understand how I did so poorly...it was an exam out of 100 and I got 23. Well, so the teachers mark book says.
The exam was a hard one but 23% is a bit ridiculous. Seriously...I am not giving up though...in the lead up to the HSC I suppose Ill have to pull out the books, and revise (or attempt to, I am so easily distracted).Or something...maybe pray for an easy exam?

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
elissa said:
I believed i failed every exam

I got english back today (one of my worst subjects) and i got 61.111% for paper 1

I thought i was going to fail every exam miserably - i still am gonna fail the rest of my exams
o wells u can join me with a low uai
jk u'll be fine
look at me i need 85 and im not doing all that well so id neep help! and im off to study in 10 mins :/
guess if u get gud in ur hsc u can get ur uai to high 80's? even if u do bad in your trials?

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
LiL_JeN_JeN said:
Well...4th post in a topic and 4th time Im mentioning my maths exam.
I FAILED! To be honest, I thought Id done better than what I did (even though I left out an entire question). I just do not understand how I did so poorly...it was an exam out of 100 and I got 23. Well, so the teachers mark book says.
The exam was a hard one but 23% is a bit ridiculous. Seriously...I am not giving up though...in the lead up to the HSC I suppose Ill have to pull out the books, and revise (or attempt to, I am so easily distracted).Or something...maybe pray for an easy exam?
o_O

There there? I'm sure it aint too bad, what did the others get?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Because I performed reasonably well in my trials, my parents have shifted their expectations from a 95+ UAI to a 99+ UAI.

It's nice that they have faith in me. I doubt I can do it though.

In regards to "failing", I consider the pass mark to be at 50%. If I get 49%, I failed. If I get 51%, I passed but I'll slap myself.

tempco

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Because I performed reasonably well in my trials, my parents have shifted their expectations from a 95+ UAI to a 99+ UAI.

It's nice that they have faith in me. I doubt I can do it though.
if your ranking in chem is an indication of your ability, i'm sure you can pull a 99 off. a mark of 99 is kinda hyped up effort-wise.

skyby

HSC
i am in the middle of my trials. i have just finnished my chem exam this mornig... i know i failed that. physics is ify.... english was reasonablely good. i like it :) but i still have biology and mathematics to go and industrial technology to go.... ugh... nooo!!
neone willing to do them for me? i dont want to have to study all this weekend. study is so boring!! and i cant concentrate on it and stuf.... ugh

neway i think i mite fail maths too idk. bio is usually easy and it... pffft sinch.... proberly wont be sayoing that after i fail it

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
nekkid said:
if your ranking in chem is an indication of your ability, i'm sure you can pull a 99 off. a mark of 99 is kinda hyped up effort-wise.
I don't think I'd have a problem if chemistry was my only subject. :(

I'm mainly worried about english. It's very fickle.

tempco

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
I don't think I'd have a problem if chemistry was my only subject. :(

I'm mainly worried about english. It's very fickle.
same with me - my issue was english. i admitted to the fact that my english result wasn't going to be one of my best, so i made sure my other subjects' marks pulled me up - enough to compensate for my lack of english ability. don't get too bogged down by your weaknesses.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
nekkid said:
same with me - my issue was english. i admitted to the fact that my english result wasn't going to be one of my best, so i made sure my other subjects' marks pulled me up - enough to compensate for my lack of english ability. don't get too bogged down by your weaknesses.
How did you go in your HSC?

My english marks were always inconsistent. When I expected the worst I'd get all the marks, when I expected something decent I get nothing.

tempco

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
How did you go in your HSC?

My english marks were always inconsistent. When I expected the worst I'd get all the marks, when I expected something decent I get nothing.

eng adv - 92
4u maths - 90
3u maths - 97
bio - 97
phys - 91

i did english adv twice - in year 11 (accelerated (87 - exam 82, ass 90) and in year 12. as for my eng adv mark, i was saved by my ranking - my exam mark was 87. i had a bad habit of screwing up when it counted.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
nekkid said:

eng adv - 92
4u maths - 90
3u maths - 97
bio - 97
phys - 91

i did english adv twice - in year 11 (accelerated (87 - exam 82, ass 90) and in year 12. as for my eng adv mark, i was saved by my ranking - my exam mark was 87. i had a bad habit of screwing up when it counted.
Everything in band 6. Well done.

I doubt I would be capable of achieving that. I'll settle for 95+.

tempco

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Everything in band 6. Well done.

I doubt I would be capable of achieving that. I'll settle for 95+.
thanks. as long as you get into the course you want, you'll be fine. the hsc is so yesterday, anyway. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)