Failed ATAR already (1 Viewer)

bricklayer1ptOh

HSC
N/A
For my first assessment in advanced english i received a mark of 11/20. Is my HSC over? What's the highest rank I could possibly receive? Bricklayer here we come? thanks

funstudy

HSC
Firstly, don't stay in that mindset for the rest of the year otherwise your mindset, more than your marks, will affect you. Secondly, it's only the start of 2013, you have room to improve. Ask your teacher or tutor on where you went wrong, target/practise your weakness and seek to do better next time round.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
You're on the road to nowhere. Just joking, uh it may be difficult to catch up again but its still early days. What was the weighting of the assessment task? Year 11 is designed for these mistakes -.- just start being consistent and don't treat it like a joke (I'm not implying you are, but just reminding you).

Last edited:

cheepy5

HSC
Dude I had a final raw assessment mark of about 68 and a rank around 34/60......... ended up with an 89 exam mark and a 83 moderated assessment mark

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Well we don't even know the weighting of the task and how your peers performed. Besides that, it's just one assesment (most likely not weighted heavily) of one subject out of 5 that will count to your ATAR. Just move on and take that mark as a wake up call in a way.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
OP, you're fine. 11/20 isn't horrible (just not good), but it's easily recoverable from.

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
For my HSC last year I paid for my raw marks. I found out I got a mark of 9/20 for my Cloudstreet (Module B) essay and still managed to get an overall HSC mark of 90 for English Advanced.

You'll be fine, stop stressing. You don't need 19/20 for everything.

RishBonjour

HSC
why did my comments get deleted? OP is a clear troll mod.

jarrodoliver1

HSC
Your assessment marks don't even matter, it's your rank. You get your assessment mark from your rank in the exam.

hayabusaboston

HSC
For my HSC last year I paid for my raw marks. I found out I got a mark of 9/20 for my Cloudstreet (Module B) essay and still managed to get an overall HSC mark of 90 for English Advanced.

You'll be fine, stop stressing. You don't need 19/20 for everything.

:eek: OMG TELL ME EVERYTHING! WHAt marks did you get??? I AVE TO KNOW! your overall raw mark for adv english... what was it? and individual marks? and you got 90? If this is the case then my hopes for a 99.5+ could potentially be restored! :D I MIGHT ACTUALLY GET GOOD IN ENGLISH! :DD

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
:eek: OMG TELL ME EVERYTHING! WHAt marks did you get??? I AVE TO KNOW! your overall raw mark for adv english... what was it? and individual marks? and you got 90? If this is the case then my hopes for a 99.5+ could potentially be restored! :D I MIGHT ACTUALLY GET GOOD IN ENGLISH! :DD
There is a big difference between internal and external marks at most schools.

jerseyshore

HSC
OMG I got 11/20 I'm gonna shoot myself my life is a failure.

Harden the fuck up. Jeez. You still got at least 70% of your internals to do (which only contributes to your internal school rank), and your externals make up 50%.

SuperMike96

HSC
My Advanced english teacher marks the HSC and she said that the average mark is usually about 11/12.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
My Advanced english teacher marks the HSC and she said that the average mark is usually about 11/12.
You can't be serious. That means most of the state would have gotten 90%. I don't think so......

stillthinkin

HSC
You have to consider a range of things before you make a declaration like that. First look at the weighting of the task, if it was 10% then it hardly makes any difference. You also have to look at how you did in relation to your own cohort. Yes you may have gotten an 11 but the highest mark may have only been a 17 or in other words look at how difficult the task actually was. Finally the average mark for a student is around that point. So just chill and keep working at it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)