• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Fair Workplace Act 2009 (1 Viewer)

daniieee

HSC
I'd still talk about how the AIRC used to be in charge, and if you want - how there's a shift in roles to the Fair Work Australia commission.

You know I bet you some teachers wont even know what Fair Work Australia is.
Lol true that. It's almost December now though, and that's when the AIRC will cease operations. Man BS is really BS.

00iCon

HSC
Hey guys I outlined the administrative changes of Fair Work in the BS Marathon not long ago.

daniieee

HSC
Hey guys I outlined the administrative changes of Fair Work in the BS Marathon not long ago.
Oh thanks for that. I went hunting for your post. =]

meh, i was pseudo-close.
Office of the Fair Work Ombudsman
-replaces Workplace ombudsman
-replaces ABCC(Australian Building and Construction Commission)
Fair Work Australia
-replaces AIRC(Aus. Industrial Relations Commission)
-replaces Aus. Industrial Registry
-replaces AFPC(Aus. Fair Pay Commission)
-replaces Workplace Authority
Well, that's the administrative restructure too much else :p
Doubt they'll ask this except in MC
Fair Work Ombudsman huh. Stick the words Fair Work infront of anything and it seems about right lol. Instead of replacing the AIRC maybe we should all stick with "will replace as of 31st December 2009". As of now they still exist, but most of their functions have been taken over by Fair Work Australia.

emilymartin1

HSC
Haha shit, this is why you don't send your children to inaburra.
We weren't even informed about any of this.

Cheers guys

P.s: I (heart) veronica's :)

jellybelly59

HSC
Fairwork Australia is eliminating one on one agreements with employees and employers
That's incorrect... it's the Workplace Relations Amendment (Transitions to Forward with Fairness Act) 2008 that abolished AWAs (Australian Workplace agreements) as for goagirl the difference between workcover and AIRC is that workcover is a nsw based workplace authority whilst the AIRC (australian industrial relations commission) covers federal awards which will be taken over by Fair Work Australia under the Fair Work Act 2009

Sorry guys i don't do business so i can't help you guys with much but this is in the legal studies workplace option that i did and i kind of had to do it for assessment and study so im pretty sure about it... hopefully it's right and i helped out

OohSparkles

HSC
No...im saying that Fairwork Australia is abolishing AWA's... as in the Rudd Government...but thanks anyways my teacher gave us bloody five lessons on this:)

Fairwork Australia=Rudd Government= Abolishing AWA's....

P.s I doubt theyre going to ask a substantial question on this considering its in the middle of change so people might be more aware of it than others...

I understand there is a specific legislation removing it but its under the Fairwork policy of the Rudd governemnt sorry if i sound confusing:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)