...Fake company? Wtf =[ (1 Viewer)

ay0_x

HSC
Hey.

Okay so I was Seek'ing jobs for next year, I found one in customer service. Sent in an application and I've got an appointment on Monday.

I google'd the company to get some info on it. There's hardly anything. So much for a leading marketing company? I google-streetview'd the place. Looks like a bloody corner shop!

They've got heaps of ads on Seek, from entry level to more managerial positions, but I can't find much mention of them ANYWHERE!!

Help me out guys.. has anyone had similar experiences? It seems really weird to me.

This is their website:
Sales Jobs, Sales Training, Marketing Jobs, Perth W.A | Unite Marketing

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
direct marketing

your job will be harrassing innocent people about electricity contracts or saving the children for commission

ay0_x

HSC
direct marketing

your job will be harrassing innocent people about electricity contracts or saving the children for commission
Really?
-___-

so basically the randoms who stand in the middle of westfields'?

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
well maybe you will knock on doors instead or be a telemarketer but yeah your job is basically annoying people for money

00iCon

HSC
could be doing market research... some company could outsource their marketing to the guys u'll work for.
he. hehe. what a fail industry, yet over 50% of ppl have marketing related jobs. IMO

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
It looks pretty much a load of BS to me. In the portfolio it should tell you in at least some detail about the people/companies that've worked with (but it doesn't... it's just a list). And the explanation about the company is very, very brief. It looks like some crappy business.

ay0_x

HSC
It looks pretty much a load of BS to me. In the portfolio it should tell you in at least some detail about the people/companies that've worked with (but it doesn't... it's just a list). And the explanation about the company is very, very brief. It looks like some crappy business.
Yeah. GRR at people.

Interview with a financial services firm on tuesday anyway.

scrapping this piece of crap

Jeee

Banned
HSC
Why is she talking in an American accent?
Are they trying to be 'cool'?
WELL IT'S NOT WORKING.

/agro

00iCon

HSC
sorry to interrupt you're 'down with small business' thread.

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
They aren't that small, i've heard of them before.

they've listed these companies as companies they market: BP / Citibank
Yes Optus
American Express
Save the Children
Energy Australia
Fast Wax
Victoria Jackson

aren't exactly no-name brands.

You are a field sales representative, you will travel to different businesses (probably, maybe just a shopping centre) trying to flog your product off to them

you will be paid a flat rate, and usually get paid comission on top of what you sell.

The joint looks shitty because the clients will rarely go there, rather, you go out to your clients to flog your product off to them.

I personnally would hate the job, but it float some people's boat

EDIT: It looks like a house they work from, its probably a small francise and only a couple people working for that business. Probably working from home to save money

Last edited:

Amogh

HSC
N/A
Why bother doing a background check though?
Rather apply for more jobs/improve resume/do w.e

Think of it as an interview practice IF the job really is that pathetic
though who am i to say anything...

ay0_x

HSC
Why bother doing a background check though?
Rather apply for more jobs/improve resume/do w.e

Think of it as an interview practice IF the job really is that pathetic
though who am i to say anything...

I did :) I've applied for like 38973938 jobs.

I only checked it out so I'd have no trouble finding the place.

born2b

HSC
I did :) I've applied for like 38973938 jobs.

I only checked it out so I'd have no trouble finding the place.
MAYBE! if you stop being so bloody picky, you'd have a job right now :).

everyone starts somewhere, im sure nobody contacted you from seek, purely because:

1) experience

2) Age

3) your so picky

4) you should be open minded

5) its not the greatest time to be looking for a job

6) you need to re-do your resume

7) you need to fix up your attitude- i know this company marketing pays well, although it may be a bitch.

8) your nothing special, Thousands of people just finished doing there HSC, theres many fish in the pond.

9) blame it on the alcohol

10) i can do this all day...

therefore, take your chances and stop being so picky, you probably have next to no experience. and your not looking in the right place, seek isnt the BEST place to look for a job if your under qualified :)

I think ill call it a night :)

danielvh

HSC
I actually worked for this company for 1 week back when I had just finished high school and before starting uni. I quit after that time as it really didn't suit me.

The job was basically driving to some suburb each day and knocking on as many doors as you can to give a sales spiel - in my case it was selling phone/internet/mobile plans for Optus. I think some people did similar stuff but in shopping centres where they set up a booth and tried to sell products to people walking past.

Pay was $400/$450 a week and they said that after a few weeks they put you on 100% commission usually.

Some of the people working there were pretty decent guys and girls actually.

The company isn't a scam but know what you're getting yourself into if you go for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)