Fallout 3 (1 Viewer)

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Fallout 3

A sequel to the two greatest games ever made...ever is having a teaser released in 6 days. Though I don't think it will deliver the "Fallout" experience I'm hoping for, I'm sure it will be great, though hoping it to be true to the bare bones to the two original isometic top downs is just wishful thinking. This game will determine what gaming system I buy next, whether it be a console or a new computer.

...And loading up the page, already I think the theme music they've got is all wrong :( Much much much too orchestral

Last edited:
HSC
Some thoughts, in no particular order, and relating to commentary on this I've seen around in general, not just you.

* Fanbase that appears to pride itself on being difficult to please.

* Ridiculously early to be making quality calls.

* If people want a rehash of the same old shit, they could always try one of the millions of fallout mods being made by little groups of scandinavians who have similar difficulty with letting go of the past.

* Given the clusterfuck that Interplay turned out to be, you can't really begrudge a different developer for trying to pick up the pieces.

* Similar to above, given how van buren turned out, this appears to be the most likely new fallout total to not eat total shit. With that in mind, it may be worth giving it a chance, because there's nothing better coming along any time soon.

* If they played something like a bit of louis armstrong on the teaser, the community would erupt with people crying about them playing the nostalgia card and not doing something worthwhile with the title, now that they've got it.

* Beth are probably aware of the militia that's going to show up at their office if they fuck it up, and terror is a great motivator.

* For concept art and a teaser, it's just not that bad, especially given that the concept art thus far has been commissioned and isn't even from someone internal at Beth.

I think that roughly covers everything, personally I'm sitting on the fence, it's way too early to say, but I still think there's hope for this.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
The great thing about Fallout is the atmosphere, which attributed much to the music. The music Beth have got up wouldn't work at all with the original games - god forbid they don't have to draw everything from the originals, perhaps it's just me being a bit nitpicky. Without that certain atmosphere though, it just wouldn't be Fallout. I learnt that from Tactics and Brotherhood of Steel, the latter being utter tripe as far as I'm concerned.

The "quality calls" I'm making at the moment are strictly based on my opinion of the Elder Scrolls series. Brotherhood of Steel and to a lesser extent, Tactics, has thoroughly convinced me that the action genre is definitely not suited to the Fallout series. What Beth has done so well with TES is the amount of detail, graphical beauty and overall immersiveness - this is something I'd love to see in Fallout 3.

The art itself I quite like.

Last edited:

davidw89

HSC
I actually recall play Fallout 1 and 2..classic games. But one "bug" they should fix is where you save your game before attempting to steal..if you fail you load the slot if it doesnt fail you keep the item. I liked the game because i was more of a campaign storyline base..which is why i dislike Fallout tactice.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
it was definately a "teaser". would be nice to see some gameplay.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Yawn.

Fallout did nothing for me, so I'm going to totally diagree with the thread-starter in labelling the games "the greatest ever made".

HSC
on the NMA boards the trailer was picked to pieces, I lol'd, especially when the commentary is being done by morons who can't tell the difference between a skateboard and a rollerskate.

For my money, it still looks promising so far. They didn't mess anything up (I'm not a pedant though), and the atmosphere is still very much there, to the point where it looks like a homage.

I'm still at a loss as to exactly what the fan community would actually like (in light of their excessive bitching, this evidently is not it), but yeah, it's looking promising.

bflaaaaaaaaaaaz

HSC
N/A
yeah i am so excited.... not. I mean i'm "bored of studies" but not that bored. no offence.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
on the NMA boards the trailer was picked to pieces, I lol'd, especially when the commentary is being done by morons who can't tell the difference between a skateboard and a rollerskate.

For my money, it still looks promising so far. They didn't mess anything up (I'm not a pedant though), and the atmosphere is still very much there, to the point where it looks like a homage.

I'm still at a loss as to exactly what the fan community would actually like (in light of their excessive bitching, this evidently is not it), but yeah, it's looking promising.
The only thing that stuck out to me as not very Fallout-like was the music, which as I described in my first post is much too grand, something you'd hear perhaps in Baldur's Gate.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
bflaaaaaaaaaaaz said:
yeah i am so excited.... not. I mean i'm "bored of studies" but not that bored. no offence.
i loled.

edit:
PM from bflaaaaaaaaaaaz said:
hey you used my post as a quote! Nah i don't mind.
the lols continue

Last edited:

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Looks like this has been confirmed for the PC, PS3 and 360

IGN have some tasty screenshots of gameplay, looking quite fantastic at the moment

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2008/05/terrorists_using_fallout_3_concept_art.html#comments
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23775429-2,00.html

News.com.au is reporting (though the story is sourced from The Australian via Reuters) that the "computer generated" image of the city that appears above was posted on an "Islamist forum", apparently to show off what Washington DC would look like after a nuke strike. Which I guess is kind of right, seeing as that's exactly what it's supposed to be. It was supplied by SITE, a group that monitors Islamic websites.

Wait a minute...

That's no CG image! That's concept art by Bethesda for Fallout 3. I tell you, those terrorist groups are getting sloppy. They should spend more on artists and less on AK-47s. Stop stealing stuff off Google Images! It's bad!

lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)