Fallout 3 (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yeah i saw that earlier. lol "you see with gaming there is no classification system so anyone can buy anything"

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Fallout 3 can suck my cock.

I don't want fucking Oblivion With Guns, I want a real developer like Obsidian or even fucking Bioware or Blizzard working on it. (FO1, 2 and Bloodlines main artist is the world designer for Diablo 3).

I'd suggest not buying it. Although it could turn out to be a decent game you play once and enjoy.

Re game ratings: they were going to introduce an 18+ category so it wouldn't be an issue, but one of the Governer Generals somewhere veto'd it I think, and it needed 100% support to pass. What a cunt. Anyway, I generally support the censorship. Why? Because they don't enforce the age limits these days. If they made people show ID when they bought a game, I would be quite opposed to censorship in games.

Last edited:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
That could well be true. I've yet to play it. I found Morrowind entertaining at times but ultimately sub-par.

But hey, I think Diablo is awesome. That doesn't mean I'd like Fallout 3 to be made like Diablo.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
so apparantly it's been resubmitted and we'll be getting a toned down version. everyone gonna import this or what?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
what does 'toned down' mean though. is it just the drug name changed or more?

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
bethesda or red ant won't say:

http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2008...nt_hear_about_them_from_bethesda_red_ant.html

Well, we've hit a bit of a brick wall for now. After repeated attempts to get anything from distributor Red Ant, and an expanded "no comment" from Bethesda, it's unlikely we'll know what the exact differences are between our version of Fallout 3 and the original. Well, that is until the OFLC report is leaked.

According to Bethesda's PR dude Pete Hines, the developer does not "publically discuss" the classification of any of its games, which is understandable, if unfortunate. As for Red Ant, it's like there's no one home. Anything Fallout 3-related is flat out ignored. Not the most professional approach, but hey, what can you do?

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
The drug references within the revised version are justified by context and lend a strong playing impact to the game.

The drugs depicted are fictional; drugs are depicted as stylised icons on a menu with the drug use itself not depicted. Whilst navigating a post-apocalyptic futuristic landscape, players can invoke the use of a variety of "chems" listed by fictious names which include "Buff", "Rad-X", "Psycho" and "Ultrajet". Within the context of the game's narrative, the player may choose to make use of these "chems" to alter the physiological characteristics of their character in the game.

The Board noted that the "Guidelines for the Classification of Films and Computer Games 2005" states that "as a general rule ... material that contains drug use ... related to incentives or rewards is Refused Classification" and found that relationship [sic] between drug use and the incentives and rewards is not such that it promotes or encourages the use of proscribed drugs. Therefore the game does not warrant to be Refused Classification and can be accommodated at MA15+ with a consumer advisory of "strong drug references".

Minority view:

In the minority view of the Board the drug use in the game is in excess of the general rule applied under the Guidelines. The drugs are unambiguious in their visual representations, which include pills and hypodermic needles, and are related to incentives and rewards in that the incentive to take the drug is that progess through the game is achieved more easily and the reward is an increase in the character's abilities. The game therefore warrants and 'RC' classification.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2008..._on_australias_edited_fallout_3.html#comments

fuck all this i'm importing. it's the principle

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
mixture of both, really. the first two are turn based rpg but they'll give you the option to play it in real time fps (which is probably what i'll be doing)

open ended, so you're walking around making friends, completing quests and the like. made by the guys who did the elder scrolls series, so if you like that kinda stuff you should check it out.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
runtlocks said:
mixture of both, really. the first two are turn based rpg but they'll give you the option to play it in real time fps (which is probably what i'll be doing)

open ended, so you're walking around making friends, completing quests and the like. made by the guys who did the elder scrolls series, so if you like that kinda stuff you should check it out.
Ah ok, i probably wont like it then, maybe i'll borrow from someone.

stazi said:
sports sim
lol!

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Kotaku said:
Australia's getting an edited version of Fallout 3? According to Bethesda's Pete Hines, that's technically not true. Turns out the version we're getting is the same as the rest of the world's.

How can this be, you ask? It's simple - the edited build of the game is the only build. Yes, everyone will now get to see the reduced incentives and rewards for drug use. Here's the reasoning behind the decision, from Pete:

"To avoid confusion among people in different territories, we decided to make those substitutions in all versions of the game, in all territories."

Fair enough. I suppose if Bethesda's confident enough to make it the default build, then the alterations can't be too bad.

I did find the following comment a little bizarre, however:

Calling the idea of an Australia-specific version of the game a "misconception," Hines told us, "We want to make sure folks understand that the Australian version of Fallout 3 is identical to both the UK and North American versions in every way, on every platform."

Well Pete, I hate to say it, but having a company policy where you don't answer questions about the topic is going to lead to this sort of thing. Sorry!
looks like everyone's now getting the gimped version

Njn

nvrB♯nvrB♭.alwaysB♮
HSC
It's stupid really, we can get R18+ movies but not for games. =X

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
tomorrow.

PREPARE FOR THE FUTURE

edit: or izzit friday? no matter, i guarantee someones gonna break the street date

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
runtlocks said:
tomorrow.

PREPARE FOR THE FUTURE

edit: or izzit friday? no matter, i guarantee someones gonna break the street date
haha dude, it's already released on the internet. :p

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
runtlocks said:
i don't download games anymore.

game is amazing
Lol, i dno't download games either (except for PSP games. <3).

what type of game is it? Openended like farcry 2?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)