Fat burning foods? (1 Viewer)

bawd

HSC
I read an article about some foods which naturally burn fat because it takes more calories for the body to process the food, than the calorie content of the food itself. Amongst those I've read or heard about include celery, Vitamin C rich foods and 'hot' foods and spices such as cinnamon and pepper. What does everyone think about this, and do you know any more foods that are supposedly 'fat-burning'?

MrBoston

HSC
celery is the only real food that can burn fat as it is the only food you would be able to eat on its own. /thread

bawd

HSC
MrBoston said:
celery is the only real food that can burn fat as it is the only food you would be able to eat on its own. /thread
Vitamin C rich foods = Oranges, Blackcurrants, Ribena. :mad1:

MrBoston

HSC
bawd said:
so if you eat an orange, you're actually burning fat!!1 ive been so blind.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
bawd said:
They are all high in sugar...that means you need to use that energy.

Safe and effective way to lose weight is the low-gi diet and it means you actually eat...go google the low gi diet!

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
I'm not so sure about this bit: "naturally burn fat because it takes more calories for the body to process the food, than the calorie content of the food itself"

I don't think there is such a thing as fat-burning foods ... food products are broken down inside a cell to produce energy and compounds for synthesis. The process itself is energy consuming but I don't think the method of breakdown will be greater than the amount of calories in the food itself.

You might be referring to slow-release foods which take longer for the body to breakdown (but certainly not harder).

Vitamin C enriched foods can contribute to a faster breakdown of minerals (iron) where you are able to digest and burn the nutrients more readily and easily.

Low GI food diets are a credible way to loose weight and keep healthly as they burn energy slower, making you feel fuller for longer - there is a slower and steadier rise in the blood-glucose level.

Last edited:

rozymisty

HSC
Cinnamon is meant to help u lose weight.

BTW do you think its unreasonable to spend $100 a week on personal training when it means that i wil learn the way to lose weight and strengthn up my body and get fit? Sure its a lot but i will only be doing 5 wks.
Mum says its exy but she spent heaps on those weight loss drinks and nutritionist visits...woudlve been more than 100!!

quik.

HSC
Rozymisty - what would you get for your money?

There is plenty of information available at your fingertips on the internet, too much even. A lot of people get bogged down overthinking everything and trying to apply every method they read about at once.

I would personally never pay someone else to train me unless they were an expert in the field and it was an 'investment' in my development, too many personal trainers are just hacks who put you on a cookie cutter program and make your wallet lighter.

kony

HSC
you are right about the celery stick. i'm not so sure you can keep up a diet on celery sticks though.

of course, most other similar vegetables (i.e. high water content, leafy, stemmy ones) allows negligible net calorie intake.

so the answer is really just a vegetarian diet, though stay away from the avocados.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
I heard Chilli and Green Tea is suppose to help
Green tea, yes, as it helps to stimulate thermogenesis in your body. More similar terms, creates heat, which thus contributes to increasing your metabolism, when used.

A-PIE

HSC
There are some food that have "negative calories"
The idea is that it takes more energy to digest and process these foods than the energy they give you. I personaly think these foods are all pretty disgusting, so depends on your will power i guess.
Here is a list.
Negative Calorie Vegetables
Asparagus
Beet Root
Broccoli
Cabbage
Carrot
Cauliflower
Celery Chicory
Hot Chili
Cucumber
Garden cress
Garlic
Green Beans
Lettuce
Onion
Radish
Spinach
Turnip
Zucchini

Negative Calorie Fruits
Apple
Blueberries
Cantaloupe
Cranberry
Grapefruit Honeydew
Lemon/Lime
Mango
Orange
Papaya
Peach Pineapple
Raspberry
Strawberry
Tomato
Tangerine
Turnip
Watermelon

Cheers

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
i heard that if you boil cabbage, it's quite good.

aimhigh10

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
Green tea, yes, as it helps to stimulate thermogenesis in your body. More similar terms, creates heat, which thus contributes to increasing your metabolism, when used.

yes
exactly what i was about to say
seriously

sniffing peppermint every two hours reduces your overall energy intake as well

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
A-PIE said:
There are some food that have "negative calories"
The idea is that it takes more energy to digest and process these foods than the energy they give you. I personaly think these foods are all pretty disgusting, so depends on your will power i guess.
Here is a list.
Negative Calorie Vegetables
Asparagus
Beet Root
Broccoli
Cabbage
Carrot
Cauliflower
Celery Chicory
Hot Chili
Cucumber
Garden cress
Garlic
Green Beans
Lettuce
Onion
Radish
Spinach
Turnip
Zucchini
If that were true, you'd starve to death if you ever had a big vegetarian roast dinner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)