Favourite and most hated maths topics (1 Viewer)

artosis

HSC
LOVE: integration
HATES: perms and comb, harder inequalities, circle geo and conics

apollo1

Banned
HSC
Favourite: Circle geo, binomial theorem/prob, perms/combs, trig identities
Hated: Projectile motion, shm, vel/acc, curve sketching
weird. usually 3U kids hate these topics. you should have done 4U, they use these topics a lot in 4U question 6-8

apollo1

Banned
HSC
Love: Circle Geo

Hate: i dont hate any topics bcuz all maths is cool. :)

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
weird. usually 3U kids hate these topics. you should have done 4U, they use these topics a lot in 4U question 6-8
faaaaaaark ru srs. i thought half of 4u was sketching graphs or shit n i hate graphs to the max

also tbh i hated the class for 4u (was in the top class for 3u rofl = hated class/teacher/everything) so i probs would've taken my life if i had to go every day (not to mention morning/afternoon classes)

i like the topics i mentioned cos u actually have to think about how to do them/they're not always straightforward formula stuff

but i hate motion because it involves graphs/visual stuff I have to picture which I fail at hahaha

DVDVDVDV

Premium Member
HSC
I enjoy the harder stuff in 4U but not too hard. If it's easy and over quickly I also enjoy it.

This basically means that

1. I hate graphs. They take forever and yet are ridiculously easy.
2. I hate a whole bunch of the probability ones. The fact that there are so many ways of approaching it means that I will try to do more than one in my head and I usually don't know how to progress.

As for everything else, I usually really enjoy it.

1. Complex number questions are quick and painless and often border on fairly stimulating
2. Conics are pretty decent, I just have difficulty in understanding what they're after sometimes (this is what I've been working on the most lately :p)
3. Integration is good. First question done in 7 minutes. However when the I(n) questions are in the last question, I sometimes struggle a bit.
4. Polynomials are pretty good. It quickly gets to the stage where once you've answered one question, you've answered them all and yet they're fast enough to solve.
5. Volumes is just another form of integration really. All good.
6. Circle geo used to be really bad just because of the vast variety of possible rules. I've improved a lot now and they're worked out in a few seconds and written out in less than a minute most of the time (given that they never ask for any more than 2 (maybe 3) marks worth before asking another question related)
7. Mechanics are so good. I love the way the numbers move around and slot in...
8. The inequalities for harder 3 unit is pretty good.
9. Induction is too easy. They always give away too many marks :/

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Love: Permutations and Combinations, Probability, Binomial Probability, Circle Geometry, Functions and Applications of Calculus.
Hate: Binomial Theorem, Projectile Motion and Harder Trigonometry.

nightweaver066

HSC
Love: Circle geometry, trigonometry, integration, binomial theorem and mathematical induction.
Hate: Nothing at the moment but have a feeling i'll hate permutations and combinations.

Last edited:

Reikira

HSC
Love : Time Payments,

Hate : Max/Min Problems, Co-ordinate Geometry,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)