• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Feelings towards year 12 (1 Viewer)

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Anyone left their Homework till the last day like me, lol

Im will be doing Homework from about 9am till about 9pm tommorow, lol. My Holidays might as well end tonight then

catherinet

HSC
Devouree said:
Sorry for not fitting into the stereotypical molding for an English Extension 1 student, and I hope that this pattern of behaviour does not continue into the near future. I commend you for pointing this abominable lack of correct vocabulary/spelling usuage present in my previous post.

Or in simpler terms, too much msning... :(
Spelling has nothing (very little) to do with higher-level English ability.
I generally manage to achieve decent, above average marks in Advanced and Extension 1 English and i am basically dyslexic and have the spelling ability of a retarded 6 year old.

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
catherinet said:
I generally manage to achieve decent, above average marks in Advanced and Extension 1 English and i am basically dyslexic and have the spelling ability of a retarded 6 year old.
dude, i will totally smack you the next time you take self-deprecation to new levels.

tetrisam

HSC
I'm pretty nervous, because the idea of every bit of your work counts can put me into a total panic attack .. so i'm with the ppl wanting to go back to kindy :p

Also, the idea that everything is coming to an end is pretty sad.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Take this from me I have found that year 11 both times are much harder then year 12 due to the fact in most subjects you are trying to fir 4 AOS in 3 terms, while in year 12 your have 4 terms plus 10 weeks of holidays in total to fit 4 AOS in, which is a lot easier.

Year 12 just work at a steady pace and follow through and it's not that bad. And if it gets to much and you haven't dropped a subject drop one. TOO MANY PEOPLE KILL THEMSELVES OVER THE HSC DUE TO STRESS. If your still stressing after dropping a subject talk to someone and seek help. and if all else fails drop out (i don't recommend, but its better then suicide).

OVER AND OUT!:karate:

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
catherinet said:
I'm pretty bad with spelling too and look, I'm doing 3U English :lol:

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
I'm pretty bad with spelling too and look, I'm doing 3U English :lol:
LOL I'm also pretty bad at spelling, and I'm an ex-extension english student. Counts for something doesn't it? I believe its mainly grammar, punctuation and writing style which determines how good you are in Senior english.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
the-derivative said:
LOL I'm also pretty bad at spelling, and I'm an ex-extension english student. Counts for something doesn't it? I believe its mainly grammar, punctuation and writing style which determines how good you are in Senior english.
yup that's true and how you can express yourself matters :)

Devouree

Good names already taken.
HSC
tetrisam said:
I'm pretty nervous, because the idea of every bit of your work counts can put me into a total panic attack .. so i'm with the ppl wanting to go back to kindy :p

Also, the idea that everything is coming to an end is pretty sad.
AHH!!! you had to remind me. Even more reasons to go back...:bomb:

Bawd: ...I really suck at spelling :(
Caterinet: Thanks for pointing that out. And of course, spelling doesn't have that much impact on your marks, but I was referring to my usage of whatever it was (...can't be bothered finding out...), not extension english as a whole.

blackglitter

HSC
the-derivative said:
Yeah, as long as your spelling isn't too horrible, it doesn't really matter - you can blame it on exam nerves anyway :p but yeah, kindy will always be my absolute favourite year but even though i am slightly scared of year 12, it is going to be what you make it.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
blackglitter said:
Yeah, as long as your spelling isn't too horrible, it doesn't really matter - you can blame it on exam nerves anyway :p but yeah, kindy will always be my absolute favourite year but even though i am slightly scared of year 12, it is going to be what you make it.
I <3 Kindergarten!
Nap Time FTW!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I try not to get spellings wrong because getting spellings wrong sometimes brands someone being passive and ignorant. And that's not the way I would like to be perceived. I also try to get all the capital letters and non-capital letters right along with grammar. :)

Well, don't get me wrong. It's not like you should get them right. It just appears better that way.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
The term used is 'spelling', as opposed to 'spellings'. Grammatical error :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)