Feelings towards year 12 (1 Viewer)

shimmer205

HSC
Hey all, as we all head for the inevitable stress and workload of next year, I was wondering how everyone was feeling about finally reaching year 12 (soon). I personally am very excited and can't wait, because I'll be doing the ext courses I want to, and get 18 frees a fortnight (woot!)
However, some people I know are ready to head back to kindergarten to escape the horrors of year 12.

What about you guys? Scared? Excited? Why??

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
shimmer205 said:
Hey all, as we all head for the inevitable stress and workload of next year, I was wondering how everyone was feeling about finally reaching year 12 (soon). I personally am very excited and can't wait, because I'll be doing the ext courses I want to, and get 18 frees a fortnight (woot!)
However, some people I know are ready to head back to kindergarten to escape the horrors of year 12.

If I top every single one of my last Year 11 exams (at least a few in the 90s), and receive loads of awards, that'll give me the confidence and a rush of excitement for Year 12. But if I stuff up, then I'll be scared :(.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Feelings towards year 12

It's honestly overrated.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Nervous excitement. I'll be striving to be more motivated, committed and have better time management and organistional skills. Far more than I have ever had.

shimmer205

HSC
Re: 回复: Feelings towards year 12

tommykins said:
It's honestly overrated.
But better than year 11?
At least your not just waiting around for next year.

sannous1

HSC
Im so excited, im counting down the weeks till term 4 when we start year 12. about 15-16 weeks leftt not farr...arrhhhh :)

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
HAhahaha "excited" - dont make me laugh, by the time you reach week 8 of term 4, there wont be much excitement

bv

HSC
I am not looking foward to it at all..
hate all the anxiety and stress and everything
but ill be alrite
hopefully

i have 1 HSC exam (mathematics 2u) this yr and i am already stressing too much..
now that 6 times over :s

shimmer205

HSC
haha my mod teacher insists that we will all have some form of meltdown between now and the HSC. I't heartwarming to see how much faith our teachers have in us... lol

HSC
shimmer205 said:
haha my mod teacher insists that we will all have some form of meltdown between now and the HSC. I't heartwarming to see how much faith our teachers have in us... lol
My ancient teacher expects that of us everyday...and most days, she's right.

sannous1

HSC
Nasonex said:
HAhahaha "excited" - dont make me laugh, by the time you reach week 8 of term 4, there wont be much excitement
lol true, just excited school is comming to an end i guess

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: 回复: Feelings towards year 12

shimmer205 said:
But better than year 11?
At least your not just waiting around for next year.
I actually found year 11 harder.

But in terms of "scariness" - it's just whether you think you're going to get a UAI or not.

For me - it's not a matter of WILL I GET A GOOD UAI but more so CAN I PUSH MY UAI ANY FURTHER (since I'm guaranteed 90+ more or less, a 95+ will be my aim)

selablad

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Feelings towards year 12

I don't really have any feelings towards year 12 right now. If I get some sort of position (prefect, activity captain, whatever), then I'll be excited, but otherwise I think it'll be just another year of school.

I'm really looking forward to uni though. I'm so sick of school already, I just want it to be over...(I never thought I'd ever say that, but hmm...)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
shimmer205 said:

I reckon I will find Year 12 better because I will be without Chemistry by then.

On a serious note, I am looking forward to Year 12 because I will have tonnes of study periods instead of will-be-dropped Chemistry. I will also get an opportunity to do Distinciton Course (Cosmology) next year.

selablad

HSC
jellybelly59 said:
just freaked out >.<" bloody 08ers keep saying it's worse then yr 11 and yr 11 = yucky already LOL
Haha, no they don't, they say "wow, are you finding year 11 hard? If you need to study at all in year 11 and 12 you deserve to FAAAIIILLL life because you're so pathetic"

and stuff. and junk :uhoh:

fayeee

HSC
it's scary thinking that assesments we do in term 4 and next year counts towards HSC, but i'm (for now) excited and pumped for year 12! [ha, i wonder how long that will last]

year 11's been a year where i experiment how to study, and how to take notes in class and stuufffff, so year 12 will just be like, .. better?

meh can't wait to finish schoooooooooool

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
I'm not scared... because either way... i'm still gonna have to face Year 12.
I'll just focus on doing my best and working hard to achieve the best marks possible.

I'll be soo happy when the last HSC exam is over though!!!

2S1D3

HSC
Nasonex said:
QFT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)