Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe/Custom (2 Viewers)

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
DJ_Cam said:
Alexi Laiho is nothing special anyway(in terms of guitar technique).

Im eagerly awaiting the obligatory ' omg u are hatez0r jzt coz hiz fmaous and u rnt n00b!'
...............uhmmmmm have you ever ACTUALLY listened to children of bodom? Out of every dark/thrash/metal/punk shit etc, i reckon alexi has the most style...Im yet to come across some 1 who i think has more talent. He's only been playing for 5 years aswel, i think hes damn good.

DJ_Cam

Insecure Teen
HSC
N/A
Yes I've listened to Bodom, and I'm sorry, but alexi isn't doing anything new or innovative on the guitar.

DJ_Cam

Insecure Teen
HSC
N/A
John Maclaughlin
Allan Holdsworth
Eliot Fisk
Paco De Lucia
Glenn Branca
TJ Helmerich
Brett Garsed
Stanley Jordan
Jeff Loomis(Check out the band Nevermore)
Steve Vai
Tony Macalpine
Greg Howe
Al di Meola
Pat Metheny

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
sigh ... i went to allans + venue today ... 72' deluxe or custom both retail for ~2k ... meep! such a pickle ... i think also if i import i have no warrenty, i didnt realise that before ... GAH! saw alot of nice tele's today though :)

DJ_Cam

Insecure Teen
HSC
N/A
So you think Laiho's trite sweeping and scale runs are harder to pull off than flamenco or classical?

Abu Ghurayb

Banned
HSC
N/A
Arguing about guitarists is fucking stupid.
You are all fucking stupid.
Get the fuck out of this thread.

Abu Ghurayb

Banned
HSC
N/A
mr_brightside said:
Buying guitars on Ebay probably isnt a good idea. You should always play a guitar for a while before you buy it just to make sure it's what you want. By buying online you can only go by someone elses word, and they'll say anything to sell it, because thats their main priority.

tempco

HSC
Some sellers allow you to come by and try out the guitar before you bid, and pick the guitar up after you've won... otherwise, it's a bad idea :/

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
^^^yeah i know aye mmm i just realised that... but if u know exactly what guitar u want then its okay..

ebay is also really good for spare parts. pickups, tuning keys, etc.
and pedals!

Abu Ghurayb

Banned
HSC
N/A
Buying pedals is for suckers.
Its so much more economical to make them yourself.
There is an enormous DIY Pedal community on the internet.

Abu Ghurayb

Banned
HSC
N/A
DaddyK said:
Thats just fucking cheap.
Can you see any good reason for dishing out a few hundred dollars for a pedal made from components that add up to no more than 20-30 dollars?

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
what kinda pedals have you done, abu? it seems pretty cool, but i have never really looked into the idea ... and im definately up for getting the exact sound i want, rather then paying alot for a more standardised sound (well yeah there's alot you can do with them, but sooo0 un-affordable) ... *stares at line 6 DL-4 whilst drooling on pants* :rolleyes:

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
Purp|e said:
sigh ... i went to allans + venue today ... 72' deluxe or custom both retail for ~2k ... meep! such a pickle ... i think also if i import i have no warrenty, i didnt realise that before ... GAH! saw alot of nice tele's today though :)
It might have been easier to check prices on their website (www.venuemusic.com.au). They'll match other web prices so get them to come down to the cheapest (Australian) price you've found, and then get them to chuck something else in too.

I keep wanting guitars I can't afford... Gibsons :(

Abu Ghurayb

Banned
HSC
N/A
Gibsons are fucking nice guitars.
I'd like to get an es335 eventually, or a les paul.

And Purple, I'm working on an octaver/distortion at the moment. I've built a tremolo and a fairly basic feedback loop as well.
I'll post some pics later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)