Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe/Custom (1 Viewer)

HSC
eh, i think strats sound heaps better than telecasters.
but compared to my piece of shit, everything sounds awesome.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Abu Ghurayb said:
Can you see any good reason for dishing out a few hundred dollars for a pedal made from components that add up to no more than 20-30 dollars?

if u actually looked on ebay there not a few hundred, there mostly 50 - 100 bucks.. and i rather pay 20 - 80 dollars more and get a quality boss pedal than make my own shitty one that fucks up....

tempco

HSC
ive got an epiphone sg :D

first guitar, but im going bass anyway.

Abu Ghurayb

Banned
HSC
N/A
mr_brightside said:
if u actually looked on ebay there not a few hundred, there mostly 50 - 100 bucks.. and i rather pay 20 - 80 dollars more and get a quality boss pedal than make my own shitty one that fucks up....
It will only be shit if you don't follow the schematics correctly, or do a shit job of soldering it, and you'd have to be a cripple to fuck it up that badly.

Boss pedals are shite anway.

Abu Ghurayb

Banned
HSC
N/A
I just finished building an envelope filter, and it fucking rules.
I'll post up some pics soon.

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
Abu Ghurayb said:
Gibsons are fucking nice guitars.
I'd like to get an es335 eventually, or a les paul.

And Purple, I'm working on an octaver/distortion at the moment. I've built a tremolo and a fairly basic feedback loop as well.
I'll post some pics later.
wahh, yeah post pics man!!! :)

hmm, to conclude ... i finally found what i wanted

I ordered a 72' deluxe today at guitar world :):):):) $1599!! and they got one in walnut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im pretty damn happy since the colour is hard to find! wooooooo, linked pic below :D:D:D:D:D

omgz0r

Abu Ghurayb

Banned
HSC
N/A
ooo thats really nice.
many happy days of shredding to you!

Abu Ghurayb

Banned
HSC
N/A
Left handed guitars are stupid for two reasons:
1) Because theres no such thing as a left handed piano.
2) Your most dextrous hand would be doing all the fretwork on a right handed guitar, so theoretically, wouldn't that be easier?

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
argh no it's not

people often say that to me

right handers should play left handed then

i read this study this guy did about left handers who had learnt guitar right-handed. as soon as they changed to a left handed guitar it took them about 6 months to get back to the level they were playing right handed and from there they improved heaps faster.

whether it sounds like it should be easier in theory or not, in practice, left handed for left handed is the only way to go if you want to reach your full potential

There is so much coordination involved in picking and the hand picking is typically moving a lot more whereas for the hand doing the fretwork it's always wrapped around the neck of the guitar. yes, both hands need to be precise but the hand doing the fretwork is sort of 'anchored' and that's why you need more control in the other hand (because it's hovering above the strings).

That's my theory anyway. :)

Last edited:

Abu Ghurayb

Banned
HSC
N/A
golfstick said:
argh no it's not

people often say that to me

right handers should play left handed then

i read this study this guy did about left handers who had learnt guitar right-handed. as soon as they changed to a left handed guitar it took them about 6 months to get back to the level they were playing right handed and from there they improved heaps faster.

whether it sounds like it should be easier in theory or not, in practice, left handed for left handed is the only way to go if you want to reach your full potential

There is so much coordination involved in picking and the hand picking is typically moving a lot more whereas for the hand doing the fretwork it's always wrapped around the neck of the guitar. yes, both hands need to be precise but the hand doing the fretwork is sort of 'anchored' and that's why you need more control in the other hand (because it's hovering above the strings).

That's my theory anyway. :)
I was only stirring anyway, but I'm increadibly skeptical of that study. I know a bunch of left handers who learned right handed instruments and became extremely good, really quickly. And by the same token i knew a few lefthanders who still suck after years of playing left handed instruments.
Obviously the ability to learn and control coordination is different from person to person, and those who have highly developed coordination could probably learn either a right handed or a left handed instrument and still show the same progress.

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
what that study is saying that, in general, if those people you know had played left handed they'd be better than they are now and those people who are shit playing lefthanded would be even shitter if they had learnt right handed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)