Final Fantasy XII: Advent Children (1 Viewer)

fantasia

HSC
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

The dvd will be released in Japan on September 14. The english version is rumoured to be coming out in november.

I've actually just watched this movie (thank god for bittorent). AND ITS AWESOME!! Well worth the hype and wait that has led up to its release. If you played FF7, you'll love the movie. I felt quite nostalgic and teary seeing all the FF7 cast on the screen; tifa, cloud, barret, vincent... makes me feel like playing the game all over again.

Graphics were amazing, so were the action scenes.

Too bad they didnt choose to release Advent Children as a full featured movie, rather than just releasing it on dvd. I guess its because Advent Children does focus on Final Fantasy 7 alot, so you'd need to know you're jenovas, life forces, shinras, makos... etc to fully appreciate it.

But yeh.. dvd should be coming out at the end of the year. Get it.. it's worth it.
TRAILER: http://media2.ffadventchildren.com/trailers/e3_2005.mov

Last edited:

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Yeah the movie leaked (or was it an early release?)

Heard it was good too but I think for the die hard fans only.

fantasia

HSC
^ I guess it was leaked 1-2 days early on the net.

Even if you didnt play FF7, you'll still be able to enjoy the action/graphics and about 50% of the story. But yeh those who did play the game would have a better understanding of whats going on.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
I think a lot of people are put off by the last film Final Fantasy that left Squaresoft bankrupt.

Its really a carry-on story from FF7 and you get so much more out of the film if you know what FF7 is.

tempco

HSC
bah, i haven't played ff7, but who cares. looks awesome.

Lavenderpup

HSC
its out on bittorrent? Cool! umm... i don't suppose you have the torrent url? =P

HSC
the story is nothing compared to ff7's, but that's alright because i wasn't really paying attention to it. this movie is just damn beautiful to watch

fantasia

HSC
lessthanthree said:
the story is nothing compared to ff7's, but that's alright because i wasn't really paying attention to it. this movie is just damn beautiful to watch
ff7 plot is alot more complex and would have confused the jeepers out of people new to ff7. The ending kind of leaves some room for FF:AV 2... but i dont know.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
fantasia said:
ff7 plot is alot more complex and would have confused the jeepers out of people new to ff7. The ending kind of leaves some room for FF:AV 2... but i dont know.
Yeah there might be a sequel, given the ending and if your thinking what I'm thinking. (I wish I knew how to do those mouse-over to reveal messgae tags).

But yeah, just watching it, if you've never played FF7 or know what the story is about and who the chracters are then your going to be VERY confused. It is not meant to be a stand-alone movie but it's great to watch nonetheless.

funniboi

HSC
the mouse over to reveal message tags can be done by [spoiler ]<message>[/spoiler ]
lol

as for the movie.

i love the game, and im gonna be lovingt his movie (i'm 80% done *giggles*)

i cant wait for it to come out on dvd , i might purchase it. i might even start to play the game, all over again! :D

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
funniboi said:
i cant wait for it to come out on dvd , i might purchase it. i might even start to play the game, all over again! :D
I've been tempted so many times to do that.

As for the spoiler.

If there was to be a sequel it is most likely to evolve around Rufus (that was kinda obvious)

funniboi

HSC
oh man i just watched it.

pretty awesome.

i love how everyone gets back together, and works together again!

awesome movie. love the fights.

i hope there is no sequel, it might ruin it!

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by funniboi
the mouse over to reveal message tags can be done by [spoiler ]<message>[/spoiler ]
lol
just tryingg it out =]

dont read this

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You do realise that XII = 12, not 7....

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
Haven't seen the movie (are they releasing it locally?) but oh man the trailer is amazing, especially seeing all the characters in action around the 1:30 mark - Yuffie, Vincent and Cid = cool as ever. Even seeing Reno and Rude was something. And nice choice for One Winged Angel as the bgm.

fantasia

HSC
^ yeh they should be releasing it locally.

the english version will be coming out in the US in around November. So it should be coming out here at around the same time.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
You do realise that XII = 12, not 7....
Hahaha, never noticed that.

ALl I know is there are five Rocky films, and Rocky V is the fifth film (Adrians Revenge?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)