• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Final Fantasy XII: Advent Children (1 Viewer)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
omg this movie is awesome. screams for fanmade stylish MTV's.

If the director could do something similar with FFVIII as well i'd go crazy

pchomer

HSC
FFV7 Advent Children SUCKS !!!

I thought the movie sucked big time, the story sucked (If you consider grown males searching for their mother an excellent 8/10 story then I suggest you need therapy and lots of it). Well the graphics was no better then the previous Final Fantasy movie Spirits Within and personally I thought the graphics from Spirits Within was better. The only positive thing I can say for Advent Children was its action scenes and the character designs, very impressive (especially the bikes).

I have played all the FF games up to FFX (yes im a hardcore ff fan) and after watching the movie (3 or 4 days ago) with another ff fan we felt so outraged we couldn’t stop cursing and we are still cursing at the movie till this day!!! This movie has certainly stained the reputation of FF7 in my eyes.

On a side note if Square-Enix had release this on the big screen they would of went bankrupt twice over!!!

i having a feeling that i might get crucified for this post.

fantasia

HSC
square enix didnt plan to release this commercially to the normal people. It's a movie dedicated to ff7 fans. Thats why they chose to only release it on dvd, because they knew it's not going to be targeted at a wide audience. After the bankruptcy of the spirits within, they only had a limited budget for this movie. It was originally only supposed to be 1hour long, but they added on an extra 40 mins.

yes the story can be lacking, but to me it does tie up alot of things as well. Like how cloud is able to move on etc. They wouldnt be able to recap a game that took 40-100 hours to finish within the movie. Like i said, they expected you to have conquered the game before watching this movie.

i would have liked more charachter development though... especially the other charachters like vincent, cid, barret...

i love clouds new blade though... much better then the buster sword.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
pchomer said:
I thought the movie sucked big time, the story sucked (If you consider grown males searching for their mother an excellent 8/10 story then I suggest you need therapy and lots of it). Well the graphics was no better then the previous Final Fantasy movie Spirits Within and personally I thought the graphics from Spirits Within was better. The only positive thing I can say for Advent Children was its action scenes and the character designs, very impressive (especially the bikes).

I have played all the FF games up to FFX (yes im a hardcore ff fan) and after watching the movie (3 or 4 days ago) with another ff fan we felt so outraged we couldn’t stop cursing and we are still cursing at the movie till this day!!! This movie has certainly stained the reputation of FF7 in my eyes.

On a side note if Square-Enix had release this on the big screen they would of went bankrupt twice over!!!

i having a feeling that i might get crucified for this post.
Meh, the only thing ill disagree with you is the animation, there was a significant difference between the two, AC being significantly better.

But everyone is entitled to their opinion storywise, then again, who was watching the movie for a plot ?

funniboi

HSC
btw you can watch last order, it's about the leadup till the death of zack..

tempco

HSC
whoa, some awesome fight scenes. didn't know what the heck was going on, but the action scenes made up for the lack of a story line. especially tifa's fight. phwoar, that was quite something. :uhhuh:

pchomer

HSC
AsyLum said:
Meh, the only thing ill disagree with you is the animation, there was a significant difference between the two, AC being significantly better.

But everyone is entitled to their opinion storywise, then again, who was watching the movie for a plot ?
Go to gamespot and check out the ps3 tech demo for ff7, it has the same graphics as the movie, my guess is that the delay for the release of ac was due to the development of the ps3 engine so they make the movie with the console. If you watch Spirits Within you will notice there is a difference in graphics, Spirits Within is significantly more realistic than A.C, Spirits Within was released 3 years ago!!! The only graphics that surpast Spirits Within was the Cloud motor bikes in A.C.

On a side note; if you played FFX the cut scenes are some what similar to A.C, just difference in rendering, and reflections. (texture similar eg. skin and cloths) plus the fighting scenes was all flash flash flash, couldn't see much but sparks and faggy looking dudes, Animatrix was no doubt much better.

A.C = 3 faggy randoms crying for their mother. Has the square-enix gone nuts???

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ok, look, i don't know what you've been smoking but lets get things clear, the technology in making spirits within has nothing on the power of the new advent children tech.

Perhaps you're mistaking the animation style. Advent is set in a more or less anime-styled setting, whereas spirits was more of a western look to it. But to suggest spirits within graphics wise is superior..the mind boggles.

Last edited:

pchomer

HSC
AsyLum said:
Ok, look, i don't know what you've been smoking but lets get things clear, the technology in making spirits within has nothing on the power of the new advent children tech.
compare tifa to the main charater of Spirits Within (screen shots). Aki Ross is so much more realistic than tifa. tifa looked more like Rinoa from ff8, just with a black dress.

ok if you put it that way Shrek obviously had better animation than A.C. The only reason why people are defending A.C is because they slapped on the title of FFVII.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Like i said, animation style and graphic capacity are two completely different things.

Being more "realistic" doesn't necessarily mean its better in terms of graphics. The style adopted for AC was of a much smoother, flashier kind of style. SW was more of a simple, proportional style and this is reflected through their respective storylines.

You do understand, that graphic capacity is concurrent with technology. Again you're confusing STYLE with actual Graphics. Shrek was good, but compare it to Shrek 2 and you've got changes, subtle as they seem.

Ahh look, this is pointless. You can continue to think its worse, i enjoyed it.

Last edited:

pchomer

HSC
AsyLum said:
Like i said, animation style and graphic capacity are two completely different things.

Being more "realistic" doesn't necessarily mean its better in terms of graphics. The style adopted for AC was of a much smoother, flashier kind of style. SW was more of a simple, proportional style and this is reflected through their respective storylines.

You do understand, that graphic capacity is concurrent with technology. Again you're confusing STYLE with actual Graphics. Shrek was good, but compare it to Shrek 2 and you've got changes, subtle as they seem.

Ahh look, this is pointless. You can continue to think its worse, i enjoyed it.
ok i do agree with you there with technology thing, they had good techology but maded a crap movie out of it. i enjoy good techology as well but not shitty stories.

X-2 had better technology than FF7, but we all know which is the better game. Technology don't mean jack if you don't have the proper story to match it. A.C was just stupid faggy dudes crying about their mums.

It's good that you enjoyed it, but what I am trying to say is the major difference in the quality of a the story compared to the original FF7, well, not even FF7, or just any story. Why are you blinded by the title FF7? I mean yes it does have the characters in it, but thats about all it has, nothing more. And the development of clouds character was just stuffed up, his arm is like WTF... it doesn't make sense how Aeris just saves everyone, how convenient of that. The only insight into cloud's character was how his burdens was lightened by saving the children from the faggy weirdos.

I think why everyone likes A.C is largely due to the herding effect. Just look the forums in adventchildren.net, those people are brainwashed or just never watched any movies before.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
For fucks sake, i agreed that the plot was piss poor. Go read you dumb shit.

We were debating on fucking graphics and the quality of it.

GODIEKTHXBAI. YOU R TEH REBEL GG DD GETFUCKED.

funniboi

HSC
guys.

have you ever played final fantasy 7 ?

i mean sure, compared to technology these days the graphics used in advent children wasnt really 'state of the art' but put it this way, it's still continuing from the game. the graphics in the game (im talkin about the movie clips during the game). i reckon it was awesome. if you really want to compare it with the the spirits within, i can assure you if you rewatch spirits within, the graphics in that isnt really as smooth as advent children! :)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
It looks awesome. I can't understand it at all though, since the copy I have hasnt been subbed.

P

pLuvia

ff7 AC is the sickest movie, they dont talk much in it, although i could only like understand bits a bits of the japanese words, didnt have subtitles. They focus more on the fighting and stuff, really good movie, but some of the characters are quite funny and some are just useless lol

J

jhakka

Bumpity bump. :p

I finally saw this the other night, and loved it. The story was pretty average, but I loved seeing my characters on screen in their full awesomeness. It was also nice to see some of the locations from the game, although I would have liked a bit more of Cosmo Canyon and the Northern Crater.

The fighting was so cool. Tifa's fight was great, and I loved the entire Bahamut sequence.

I wish the Barret, Cid, Red XII, Yuffie, Vincent and Cait Sith were a bit more significant, though.

Huzzah for them actually selling it at K-Mart. :D

Umm... much <3.

robo-andie

HSC
The first time I watched it, it was in Japanese, dubbed in Vietnamese, with English subtitles.
I eventually muted the tv and just watched the movie, I enjoyed it HEAPS!
I have never had the opportunity to completely finish FF7, or really, any of the FF games except for Mystic Quest :p. I still understood the story though, which I think is always a big plus.

Yes jhakka, Tifa's fight was awesome. I played it over twice before I let the movie continue. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)