Final Results (1 Viewer)

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
yeha 2nd yr..well on to 3rd next, im also missing a couple of subjects due to transferring courses before so maybe that influenced my gpa aswell lol hopefully i can get it back up above 5 before uni ends, good luck with post grad/work etc klh!! ur finished eh how lucky!! n yea thanks to the threadstarter aswell for the early notice its awesome haha

L

LaraB

klh said:
omg!!!! thanks 4 telling me!

edit:
have you all checked ur gpa's? i recalculated mine and the numbers dont match, maybe anyone else can recalculate theirs?
mine's fine... hmm... :p

Optophobia

HSC
I checked WebCT and there was a post on the main forum saying "results are up".

I checked and i got 3 creds and a pass.

The thing that pisses me off, is the thing i got a pass in is the easiest subject. The reason is because the structure of the subject was absolutely shit.

This subject had no exam and largely group work. That, for an obsessive compulsive like me, is a recipe for failure.

My year 1 GPA is 5.000

L

LaraB

Optophobia said:
I checked WebCT and there was a post on the main forum saying "results are up".

I checked and i got 3 creds and a pass.

The thing that pisses me off, is the thing i got a pass in is the easiest subject. The reason is because the structure of the subject was absolutely shit.

This subject had no exam and largely group work. That, for an obsessive compulsive like me, is a recipe for failure.

My year 1 GPA is 5.000

i totally sympathise with teh group work thing lol... i HATE group work.. unless it's like our "group" work this semester that i had where our group was 2 people haha

Youre GPA's good tho, espec for 1st yr :) congrats :)

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
2 passes and 2 credits for me..why were they up so early? oh well doesnt bother me..hey klh, u said u got a d for employee training and development..how is that subject, in terms of enjoyability and difficulty?

L

LaraB

Led-Zep said:
2 passes and 2 credits for me..why were they up so early? oh well doesnt bother me..hey klh, u said u got a d for employee training and development..how is that subject, in terms of enjoyability and difficulty?
i can answer that - i got a D for it too...

It's pretty easy like.. i dunno.. compared to the law stuff it is.. compared to the business stuff it's probably just the usual general standard...

I didn't find it very interesting as far as content goes, but the unit co-ord was really good - a fair bit of case study work, we actually did stuff in tutes, assessments had a HEAP of guidelines and resources provided so was more enjoyable and easy perhaps because of that because you didn't have to stress over it so much...

Fairly straight forward stuff, provided you come to class and do the readings you should have no problems getting a really good mark

L

LaraB

sparkl3z said:
klh i calculated mine but cos 1 of my subjects isnt up yet they only used 3 instead of 4 spring subjects in the calculation so far.. im really worried about my gpa though, its way below 5, and i think im screwed for post grad if i dont get all HDs next year :( but then i heard that if ur score is crap in first 2, and excellent in last yr u can still do postgrad or they still offer u honours, does anybody know the extent of truth in this?

not true...

Law does it like that - as in you n eed a 6GPA for core units and then a 6 overall as well..

But business isn't that selective or that hard to get into compared to law for eg.... you need a minimum of 4.5 i think? or 4.75? one of the 2.. as the base criteria and then after that you can apply... not sure what the cut off for numbers is and stuff like that so i'm assuming if you're higher you have a better chance?... but nah - if you did say.. all passes in your first 2 years even and then got HD's all 3rd year, you'd still have a GPA of 5 so that's all they care about - the overall thing :) they know that it's harder to adjust at first and all that kind of thing so they don't hold it against you :)

Dunno about business,. but i know law you can have 1 fail and still qualify :)

= Jennifer =

HSC
3 D's 1 Pass

59 Property Law
75 Employee Training and Development
75 Negotiation Bargaining Advocacy
83 Australia and the Global Economy (grr 2 marks off a hd)

5.438 GPA

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
thanks lara, yeah my gpa is like only 4.4....was about 5.2 before i transferred :( lol and i need over 5 for honours and masters etc so hopefully i'll manage to bring that up before 3rd year is over heheh

Jacks

HSC
Can I just say I know people who got accepted into honours for next year with GPAs less than 5...so if it's something you really want to do and you don't quite make the 5, apply and see what happens. It depends on how much demand there is for that particular year.

Well done everyone!

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
ohhh sweet lord. i passed everything. and a credit in management. THANK YOU ANGELS!! i truly believed that i had failed business law again. how is it that i managaed to smash teh final this time?! i failed all the assessments, and i did nothing new in the final. oh well. NOT COMPLAINING!!! woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

boo yeh, i passed :D
i was so paranoid about the prac exam, but i passed yay! best bday present ever.
4 credits

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Uh oh :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:

Unit Id Unit Description Mark Grade
300134 Introduction to Information Technology FAIL
300280 Research Project - Sustainable Tourism in Practice 60 PASS
300289 Regional Environmental Management FAIL
300465 Aquatic Ecology FAIL
300471 Urban Development Systems 56 PASS

Lesson learnt, never do 5 subjects in final semester. Now, to get rid of these fails so I can graduate!

klh

HSC
ledzep, as LaraB has said, ETD is pretty straight forward. if you have done Org learning and development, it'll help tons as there is the learning org concept which is worked through quite a fair bit. Yes, its pretty easy, but lots of content to get through but the readings were imo really clear and understandable.
Assesments were totally individaul [yay!] with an essay which was mainly writing about learning hteories and the second a case study that is pretty straight forward and the exam which they told us about the topics and some relevant revisiion on each.
i would rate it as medium difficulty as you really need to read a bit to get all the required info and do research for essays.
I was sorta interested in it, but its not totally captivating. and yes tyhe lecturer was really good, plus she gave us ana extension forthe first assignment which was cool.

Congrats all on ur achievements. Oh Cape, how disappointing, i dont want to maek u feel any worse, but it thought most of us would graduate at a similar time.

Last edited:

poolfreak

HSC
HD-91
C-71
P-54
P-52
GPA-4.875, damn, just missed 5, well, at least i passed everything, nice lil xmas pressie for me. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)