First Day of Uni... (1 Viewer)

Kelly47

HSC
Oh yeah I remember those history ones somewhat. I think I printed them all off for the first one or two lectures... because I was starting out and thought I pretty much had to. But it is not worth it when you can just take a few notes if need be and save it to the lecture notes online or whatever. I don't think that makes complete sense but I know what I mean. :p

Hmm last year I didn't start the majority of my assignments until a few days before they were due. I'm more of a crammer I suppose. Depending on when they are due you may be better off waiting until you've had a few more tutes/lectures to have things clarified etc.

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh yeah I remember those history ones somewhat. I think I printed them all off for the first one or two lectures... because I was starting out and thought I pretty much had to. But it is not worth it when you can just take a few notes if need be and save it to the lecture notes online or whatever. I don't think that makes complete sense but I know what I mean. :p

Hmm last year I didn't start the majority of my assignments until a few days before they were due. I'm more of a crammer I suppose. Depending on when they are due you may be better off waiting until you've had a few more tutes/lectures to have things clarified etc.
Yeh, I was never a do it heaps early kid, not really last minute as such, but definitely close enough to due date to start stressing if it doesn't look like it will get done on time / I seem to be cutting it fine etc.

EDIT: Also the history slides don't seem to really contain that much info really, and the tutes are a waste of time doin what we've already done in the weekly readings (so in some cases should have done :p)

Kelly47

HSC
Yeh, I was never a do it heaps early kid, not really last minute as such, but definitely close enough to due date to start stressing if it doesn't look like it will get done on time / I seem to be cutting it fine etc.

EDIT: Also the history slides don't seem to really contain that much info really, and the tutes are a waste of time doin what we've already done in the weekly readings (so in some cases should have done :p)
I think that's a good approach to be honest. I find that some people who start too early end up finding out in tutes/lectures that what they've done is just on the wrong track and have to start over again. I would die. :p

The main thing I remember about the history tutes is having a class test every second or so week. The rest of them were not very useful I agree.

HSC
Uni Grad
The approach has always been decent for me, I just would prolly prefer to get some out of the way a bit sooner rather than spam a bunch at once, I might start (the only) one that doesn't really depend on lect/tute knowledge a bit later today.

Yeh, we had a 'test' on monday about footnote referencing and will be having one each week after for 3 more weeks I believe. I actually hope it wont be anywhere near as easy as mondays one lol, to think that counts for even 5% is just lol.
Next weeks is on certain parts of the course outline, namely using the blackboards site, plagiarism, turnitin, and (rofl) questions about the assessment tasks.
I guess it's another easy 5%.

Kelly47

HSC
Ha yeah some of them were REALLY easy marks it was great. There were a few of them that were a bit harder where you had to write short essays. But you know, there's not much you can write in ten minutes. :)

HSC
Uni Grad
Ha yeah some of them were REALLY easy marks it was great. There were a few of them that were a bit harder where you had to write short essays. But you know, there's not much you can write in ten minutes. :)
Multiple short essays in 10 minutes wouldn't be fun imo.
No matter the definition of short.
I would have trouble writing much in 10 mins.

Kelly47

HSC
Multiple short essays in 10 minutes wouldn't be fun imo.
No matter the definition of short.
I would have trouble writing much in 10 mins.
It's ten minutes per essay, in case that was confused. Oh and I wasn't saying they were fun. I didn't do too well in those ones. The fact it's only ten minutes was my excuse.:uhoh: And the fact they weren't worth much made it better.

HSC
Uni Grad
Ah, 'source discrimination' and 'recognising an argument', what shit things to write a mini essay on, if they are indeed mini essays :(

Kelly47

HSC
Those do sound like crap things to write about. With our mini essays, in the course outline it would have say, 2 or 3 readings listed for the week. And the question would randomly be based on one of those readings. Things like that. Sometimes it would list a few questions to do with the sources, and it would actually be one of those questions, so you could prepare an answer before hand.

I don't know how much they have/haven't changed things.

HSC
Uni Grad
Maybe they will only be short response type things then, I can't imagine writing much about such poopy things.

I find it p lol though that we have our weekly readings, we do (or don't do :p) them and then have some questions which we do (or don't do :p).
Then we go to the tute and spend like 30 mins screwing around with pointless bullshit, and also doing the 10 min test thing, and after that we spend 30 mins all doing those questions we were supposed to have done already, it just seems so unproductive. Surely there is something more beneficial for us to do and not reiterate what we (should have) already done.

Kelly47

HSC
You're doing more than what my tute group did. All we did were the tests and then discuss the weekly readings for the entirety of the time left. No work at all.

But yeah the tutes weren't that great. So long as you study 3-5 of the weekly topic/readings before the final exam, plus readings for the class tests you'll be fine. And there's not much else that needs doing from memory.

HSC
Uni Grad
OMG I have to play this on the most public / easily viewable computer ever just for the lols.

Kelly47

HSC
That game is so addicting. That music. Ahhhh. I know what I will be doing during my 4 hour break next week now. =D

If I randomly walk past a computer and see someone playing this I'm sure I would burst out laughing now. Most viewable would be those in the library but they might kick you off those. xD I'd try the IT block, one right by the glass door. :p

Man that music.

MailMofo

HSC
It's time use two braided hair each others hair and kissed.

HSC
Uni Grad
That game is so addicting. That music. Ahhhh. I know what I will be doing during my 4 hour break next week now. =D

If I randomly walk past a computer and see someone playing this I'm sure I would burst out laughing now. Most viewable would be those in the library but they might kick you off those. xD I'd try the IT block, one right by the glass door. :p

Man that music.
<3 the music :D
But today I just looked at actual uni related stuff, I'll prolly play it in the library at some point for lols.

The IT block between classrooms north and the lecture theatre is the only place I comp cos the are always free comps, library could take a while from what I've seen.

Though the place is dead as on wednesday arvos.

It's time use two braided hair each others hair and kissed.
Bahahaha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)