First Day of Uni... (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey anyone here doing hlsc 1000? -> helen beaszley? or something
man fark, she treats me like a dumb autistic kid, just cause i dont talk in my tutes/group and that i'm the youngest person in there so she thinks im easy to pick on as well as i'm the only azn guy there (everyone else is like 25+ and does nursing or OT or Physio) and always asks my opinion and answer on EVERY question in the booklet and this went on for the next 2 hours. i really wanted to smack her across the face and tell her that she was really pissing me off, but i'll probably actually look like a dumbass, so i didnt -_-

And during the lecture after... at the start there were about idk...150 ppl? around and by the end (which i didnt stay for) only about 30 people were still there when i came back at the end when i was walking past as it finished.

btw if u do it at Callaghan, i strongly recommend that you dont even bother going to the lectures or at least the first few...she just says the exact same thing in the lecture slides which is about how to write a scientific report/essay and treats you like a little kid and if you are one...then treats you as a littler kid.

FARK!!! she drives me insane!!
i'm sorry on venting this on u guys, but FARK, i usually dont hate people and i dont have many people that i do, but she just topped my list in just 1 day!! :angry::angry::angry:

Last edited:

Kelly47

HSC
We really do need a general chat thread... but I can't be bothered making one. Haha.

@Phoenix Fury if you read this:

This is a long shot but given the small number of males compared to females in the course my odds of guessing correctly are somewhat improved. Before the lovely 8am lecture this morning were you the guy standing behind the library when I walked past? And I know you don't know who I am, but I couldn't help but wonder.

HSC
Uni Grad
Randomly basking in the sun?
If yes that would be me :D

EDIT: If only there was an email the people in your course thing for 1738, then I might have been able to stalk you :p

Kelly47

HSC
Oh score! Haha. I can't believe I was right.:p
I must sound like a huge stalker myself now.:uhoh:

I think there might be some sort of email system like that. I never needed/tried/figured-out how to use it though. EDUC1738 does not seem very tech-savvy though so I think I should be stalker-safe? :p

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh score! Haha. I can't believe I was right.:p
I must sound like a huge stalker myself now.:uhoh:

I think there might be some sort of email system like that. I never needed/tried/figured-out how to use it though. EDUC1738 does not seem very tech-savvy though so I think I should be stalker-safe? :p
Haha, depends if you were the person who looked at me most of the way they were walking up to LT2 :p

For all my other courses (Foundations, History and Art) I can email people in the course, the students, (and lecturers/tutors I believe) have their names listed in there and stuff.

Kelly47

HSC
Oh well that one wasn't me, because I'm sure you started walking behind me when I walked past because as I walked past the lecture theatre to sit down I looked at the wall and no one was there. Then I sat, looked at the wall and there you were. I think that was you anyway. I got paranoid. xD

Oh that is convenient. I think I'm in one course that's like that. One of the Science and Technology ones. But yeah, pretty stalkerish too.

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh well that one wasn't me, because I'm sure you started walking behind me when I walked past because as I walked past the lecture theatre to sit down I looked at the wall and no one was there. Then I sat, looked at the wall and there you were. I think that was you anyway. I got paranoid. xD

Oh that is convenient. I think I'm in one course that's like that. One of the Science and Technology ones. But yeah, pretty stalkerish too.

Were you the red line person then?
If this makes any sense to you, hahaha

Nuthin wrong with some stalk-stalk :D

Kelly47

HSC
It actually makes perfect sense. I love that you drew it. :)

Haha. Yes, that is the path I walked. Though I went a tad bit further, kinda bordering the edge of LT2. :p But away from it... if you know what I mean. I sat on those bricks opposite the theatres. :)
You might have noticed me staring at you a little as I was wondering if you were you. :p

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm bored as hell and too lazy to do assessments, what can I say :D

Yes if you mean near the art/drama rooms on the like 30cm high brickwall thingy "slightly to the left of '???' in the diagram lol.

The lecture seemed like a total waste as I had my tute the night before, I found the youtube records of reading (links on blackboards from last weeks lecture) to be quite useful though.

Kelly47

HSC
Now that is something I can relate to. =]

Yes those are the bricks. :D
I sat on the opposite side though. I was the only one on that side. Those I sit with in that lecture are always late, slightly.

I had my tute yesterday too... making the lecture completely pointless. Just about every single thing she said we'd already gone over. I was considering not even bothering to go next week until she remembered to take attendance today. :(

I watched one of those videos before the tute and I agree it was quite good. It was so helpful it almost made the tute itself pointless. :p

HSC
Uni Grad
Now that is something I can relate to. =]

Yes those are the bricks. :D
I sat on the opposite side though. I was the only one on that side. Those I sit with in that lecture are always late, slightly.

I had my tute yesterday too... making the lecture completely pointless. Just about every single thing she said we'd already gone over. I was considering not even bothering to go next week until she remembered to take attendance today. :(

I watched one of those videos before the tute and I agree it was quite good. It was so helpful it almost made the tute itself pointless. :p
Yeh, I watched most of them cos I didn't really have anything better to do and before I knew it, it was 3am and I was like SHIIIII. Went back to sleep for 3 hours when I got home from the lecture lol.

Bloody attendance keeping, it doesn't bother me cos I'm always gunna be there but it's just annoying when you miss writing something down cos you are initialing your name, and then you're too lazy to go BB and find out what it was...

Kelly47

HSC
I didn't get a lot of sleep myself. I'm tempted to sleep now. :p

That would be an irritating factor too. I'm not much of a note taker though so it doesn't bother me a lot in that regard. Even the lecture outlines she puts on BB aren't all that helpful though... it seems she just writes the headings and expects us to copy everything (or most of what) she says.

That's just not my style. And I'm way too tired at that hour to undergo any effective learning.

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh lol.
I wrote most of what was in the slides, trying to cut the crap though so I can get the 'info' down quicker.

Oh, that's what it was!
I thought I was missing a shitload of info cos I was opening it with openoffice rather than real powerpoint (too stingy to buy MS Office, too lazy to dl it :p). Turns out we are supposed to write at VROOM VROOM speed.

Hmm, really should start an assessment for something...

Kelly47

HSC
Haha nope it's definitely not openoffice's fault in this case. It's like... I really don't want to print off so many pages each with just a heading or two on them. Waste of paper and ink I say.

Not that I take much notes in my other courses... but two of them are straight after that 8am one... and the other is at 5pm that night. So I really can't be bothered. :p

Yeah... assignments. Quite a few of those that could technically be started. But yeah. :)

HSC
Uni Grad
I asked someone why they printed lecture slides (complete ones for the history lecture) the other day and I think she took it as me saying "ur liek so dum, sifnt just rememba it all and not print the slides you big stoopit hed", when I was really saying "umm, that's gunna take up a hell of a lot of ink/paper if you do that for every subject every lecture, hey".

Yeh, some of the tasks kinda require more info from lects/tutes to be able to make a good start on so I'm not really sure what to do atm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)