• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

First term of year 12 (1 Viewer)

Aysce

HSC
How did you guys go? We're a 1/4 through :0 anyone have a good start or .. Mine has not gone as well as planned for some subs , but im feeling more pumped to study hard out next year :read:

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Left too many things until the last minute, it will probably come back to bite me. But the past is the past and there's more opportunities ahead in the future.

Target for next year:

- Study consistently.

- Do my homework including tutor homework.

- Have regular breaks from the computer.

- Sleep for more than 4 hours, much more.

- Request a long term ban on BOS.

findx

HSC
Did so poorly in all my maths exams, but the other subjects im happy with :)

Aysce

HSC
Basically the same things as you, I'm mentally exhausted from this year. I didnt do too well for standard :( btw my assessment was 15% so say out of 35 the highest was 31 and im 25, will it be hard to catch up? And i need to master probability....

Aysce

HSC
Can't believe it's already been a term... Damn assignments make life go so much faster!

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
To make you feel better, I got 45/59 for Physics, I left my assignment until morning. The highest was 55, by alot of people....

Worth 25%

Aysce

HSC
:/ At least you can stay around top 5-10, depends on your school rank, but for Standard, it is a must to be in at least top 3. I have to stop trash talking and do things >.<

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Our school is ultra competitive this year, I would predict my rank to be in physics over 10. For English probably 40/166. Even in Ext 2 there is a chance of coming first and last.

Aysce

HSC
Wow, I'm just having problems with staying consistent and need to improve my work ethic D: . In my school, hopefully i'll get first or 2nd in 3u and 4u. There's also a minority who are really competitive in 4u since it's only 6 people, and I do not want to come last.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
You have the holidays, I plan to basement Physics, English, IPT, SDD then I am set! Want to join Spiral?

Aysce

HSC
Haha yes, yes, but the library is better! Since my laptop is broken as well as my home computer, I need to write notes. You should take a break for at least a week or so, it will help the soul.

eat_well

HSC
I got one test left which is on monday and then I'm freeee!!
As for my other tests I've mostly been getting around the 80s. I remember how I kept saying that I would study all day and night when I was in year 11 but I've really been slacking off. It's better than I've done in yr11 but I'm still not satisfied. I'm pretty sure I'm not in the top 10 for anything at the moment so if I screw up the next assessments then it's goodbye to my atar.....:(

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
Yeah I did ok but it wasn't my best. Most of my assessments were only worth 15%, with maths extension only 10%. I was really nervous in my maths exams (especially due to the thought that it was my first HSC assessment), and as a result, I kind of screwed up.

But I've got this strong desire to improve heaps; I'm doing practice maths trial exams etc. I'm not one of those people who can work solidly for 2-3 weeks, so I'm doing a little bit each day. If you achieve small goals, it makes you feel so much better than failing to do big goals.

I really need to bring my marks up for the half yearlies.

thorax94

HSC
Not a bad start 19/20 for eco and 11.5/15 for English Adv. Could have been better but I have always been a slow starter. I am both physically and mentally exhausted. Luckily I have achieved most of my goals in terms of note making so while my motivation dwindles, I don't have the added stress of having craploads to do. I can ease off a little and pay a little bit more attention to my health.

Best of look to all. Have a good and safe holiday. Catch up on your sleep, we will need it for next year.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I've done 4 assessments but haven't got any marks back yet..hoping for the best :) But all have been like 10 or 15% so at least that's not too bad but I have been definitely procrastinating way too much this term. I really want to get all my notes sorted for my subjects for next term...half yearlies :read:

HybridKath

More like HybriDead
HSC
I'm almost finished with my assessments, and frankly, I'm not doing well. Too much pressure and not enough discipline to study :/

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
I'm quite satisfied. :)
Though another year of this would be crazy. The holidays are gonna go by so fast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)