• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Flag Burners (1 Viewer)

HSC
they may have entered all these wars but not all of them were to protect Australians

HSC
Schroedinger said:
THEY WERE TO PROTECT THE FUCKING IDEALS THE FUCKING NATION STANDS FOR YOU STUPID TERRORIST BITCH. THIS IS WHY YOU ARE SO FUCKING RETARDED BECAUSE YOU DON"T UNDERSTAND WHAT IT IS TO HAVE SUCH A LOVE FOR FREEDOM AND FOR THE FREEDOMS AND LIBERTIES THAT WE ALL HAVE THAT YOU WOULD LAY YOUR LIFE DOWN FOR IT.

FUCK.

YOUR IDIOTIC FUCKING ISLAMOFASCIST BULLSHIT WILL ONLY SPEND SO FAR WHEN YOU REALISE THAT EVERY AUSTRALIAN SOUL THAT HAS EVER DIED IN CONFLICT DID NOT GO QUIETLY INTO THAT GOOD NIGHT.

THEY DIED PROTECTING VALUES THAT YOU AND YOUR FASCIST BUDDIES WISH TO DESTROY.

Don't you fucking DARE to smear the heroes of freedom with your own foolish brush of theocratic lies.

Died for no reason. Every single drop of Australian blood that has been shed, no matter the political background, was shed by those who paid WITH THEIR LIVES to uphold the freedoms you so casually take for granted.

I'd spit on your fucking disgusting face if it wasn't wrapped in a tea towel you despicable, indulgent creature.
chill out

i said that some of these wars eg the Iraq one has nothing to do with protecting the country and if you believe it does then you are the idiot not me

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Schroedinger said:
THEY WERE TO PROTECT THE FUCKING IDEALS THE FUCKING NATION STANDS FOR YOU STUPID TERRORIST BITCH. THIS IS WHY YOU ARE SO FUCKING RETARDED BECAUSE YOU DON"T UNDERSTAND WHAT IT IS TO HAVE SUCH A LOVE FOR FREEDOM AND FOR THE FREEDOMS AND LIBERTIES THAT WE ALL HAVE THAT YOU WOULD LAY YOUR LIFE DOWN FOR IT.

FUCK.

YOUR IDIOTIC FUCKING ISLAMOFASCIST BULLSHIT WILL ONLY SPEND SO FAR WHEN YOU REALISE THAT EVERY AUSTRALIAN SOUL THAT HAS EVER DIED IN CONFLICT DID NOT GO QUIETLY INTO THAT GOOD NIGHT.

Don't you fucking DARE to smear the heroes of freedom with your own foolish brush of theocratic lies.

Died for no reason. Every single drop of Australian blood that has been shed, no matter the political background, was shed by those who paid WITH THEIR LIVES to uphold the freedoms you so casually take for granted.

I'd spit on your fucking disgusting face if it wasn't wrapped in a tea towel you despicable, indulgent creature.
Why do you assume that they died to protect freedoms etc. mayb they died because they thought joining the army would be a good career move and as with any job there are inherent risks (in this case the risk of death in combat).

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Schroedinger said:

FUCK.

I don't know if some/all of this is meant to be a joke.
You're using language which is far too emotive to elevate soldiers to a status that obviously not all of them deserve. I acknowledge that you've lost your temper here and are not going to appeal entirely to facts, but you are spouting absurd patriotic propaganda.
At least present your ideas in a somewhat rational form, because with this post you appear more of an idiot than $hiftyIceQueen.

Edit: You already know what I just said. Take no notice.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Schroedinger said:
to insult the dead that died keeping australia free, well, that just sickens me to my very core. Questioning the motives of those that allow you to question their motives, whilst an essential freedom, still seems to me to be fairly ignoble.
When we are talking post-WWII I think that the level at which our soldiers are defending freedom is minimal. When will our debt to the U.S be repaid? I mean, NZ already violated ANZUS, can we do the same without a legitamite threat of invasion without a reasonable defense now?
That isn't rhetorical, I'm seriously unsure, so if anyone could answer my question that would be nice.

HSC
is this meant to be a thread about calling names?

shroedinger calls me a terrorist, bitch and "a despicable, indulgent creature"
and dieburdie calls me an idiot...

and whats wrong with saying that some of the wars Australia has entered were not for the protection of its citizens?

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
is this meant to be a thread about calling names?

shroedinger calls me a terrorist, bitch and "a despicable, indulgent creature"
and dieburdie calls me an idiot...

and whats wrong with saying that some of the wars Australia has entered were not for the protection of its citizens?
Can you go away for a while? I don't like it all that much when you say stuff.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
dieburndie said:
I don't know if some/all of this is meant to be a joke.
You're using language which is far too emotive to elevate soldiers to a status that obviously not all of them deserve. I acknowledge that you've lost your temper here and are not going to appeal entirely to facts, but you are spouting absurd patriotic propaganda.
At least present your ideas in a somewhat rational form, because with this post you appear more of an idiot than $hiftyIceQueen.

Edit: You already know what I just said. Take no notice.
not all of them deserve it?

What the fuck is wrong with you? have a little respect for those that put their life on the line so you can sleep safe at night in a free country.

Obviously a few people on this board dont get the idea of modern wars and fighting for our ideals. Just because in ww1 our country was not directly threatened does not mean those men did not die protecting us and our values. What were we gonna do? let germany walk all over europe killing indiscriminantly? and if the brits fell at that time followed by america, you can bet your ass we would have been next. Vietnam is a touchier subject, but consider it fan service. As long as America views us as an active contributing ally the implied threat of their intervention alone keeps us safe. Same goes for Iraq, america knows we scratch their back, when the time comes they will be scratching ours with the most powerful armed forces on earth.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Serius said:

What the fuck is wrong with you? have a little respect for those that put their life on the line so you can sleep safe at night in a free country.
I do, and I obviously won't have the same respect for those who didn't make a contribution to me being able to do that. Is there something I'm missing here? It's all or nothing with you. Either I'm drying my eyes with the flag, mourning the bravery of ALL the noble troops that defended our abundant and glorious liberties or I'm a traitor. I hate that shit. It's fucked.

In answer to your original question, I have AIDS.

gerhard

HSC
i mean frankly i believe the existance of countries is a ridiculous idea, let alone patriotism and all that so maybe my views are a little strange

but frankly i think svejking it along is a much more noble idea than going to war for stuff which will barely effect you.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:
HotShot said:
Just a flag - people burn flags all the time - does it mean? that they are burning 'freedom'? NO

Its a flag, a piece plastic (highly likely) flag with UNION JACK - symbolising the fucken the POMS who ruined the entire world.

BURNING the flag means death to the POMS -- WAIT FOR THE ASHES.. The ashes of the burnt flag will be RETURNED TO AUSTRALIA .. (fuck warne for dropping sitters).

quote]

That was amazingly irrelevant. You think the British ruined the entire world? You do realise calling them Poms is racist in this context don't you? You shouldn't go around implying that this flag burning issue is a racist issue if you are going to be a racist yourself.
no its not a rascist issue. the issues here is overreacting.

In terms of british ruining the entire world - pls if you want me to discuss further create another thread titled 'How the poms ruined the entire world?" then i will gladly explain how they did so.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Serius said:

Obviously a few people on this board dont get the idea of modern wars and fighting for our ideals. Just because in ww1 our country was not directly threatened does not mean those men did not die protecting us and our values. What were we gonna do? let germany walk all over europe killing indiscriminantly? and if the brits fell at that time followed by america, you can bet your ass we would have been next. Vietnam is a touchier subject, but consider it fan service. As long as America views us as an active contributing ally the implied threat of their intervention alone keeps us safe. Same goes for Iraq, america knows we scratch their back, when the time comes they will be scratching ours with the most powerful armed forces on earth.
they do deserve like every other person. but to claim they are special because they kept us safe is absurd.

If you we were in the same situation most likely we would done the same thing. nothing special there.

It would be special if they prevented the war or the threat in the first place. Its easy to go to war and win or lose, its hard to end it quickly and effectively create less pain etc. Or prevent the war in the first place.

In my opinion the war was started because of the poms, and the we had to pay the price.

nevertheless it is important to recognise the military but to give them special recognition is absurd and in a way inhuman. By givin them special respect you are acknowledgable that the war was 'right'.

the fact is till now, perhaps WWII was the only direct threat to Australia. Which is good to have that kind of history, but in relation to the flag - there are more important things in this world.

HSC
Schroedinger said:
The debt to U.S being repaid is such an interesting concept, because we have to figure out exactly what it is we owe them. I think the prosperity of democracy in the pacific, the fact that we have so many freedoms in Australia that we would not have under Japanese rule, etc. What price do you put on self-determination? It's more than slightly insular but I assure you it is debated every day we maintain diplomacy with the Yankees. There is no quantative way to measure our debt.
I supose you could say we owed the Americans a debt, a debt I believe we paid when we went to Vietnam with them. It was insanely stupid, but we went anyway. Debt paid.
It's not like America won the war all by themselves y'know, if anything we owe a greater debt to the french and the british armed forces then we do the Americans.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
To all the people who are saying "it's only a piece of colour cloth", please shut up. i don't think you would let me decorate your room with swaztickas, because "it's only a a few black lines painted in the middle of a white circle in the middle of a red rectangle". It clearly symbolises something and you would be offended if you saw them being stuck up everywhere. So go jump off a cliff or something.

If you have nothing against a flag being burnt then you have nothing against a human being burnt, because humans "are only a few trillion atoms stuck together" :eek:
who are "all the people" you are referring to?

Because I can't find them in this thread?

Last edited:
HSC
The flag is the symbol of this nation and if you burn it you burn it because you have some violent objection to something about this nation. This isn't just 'some guy expressing his freedom of speech', the whole point of freedom of speech is to discourage violence in favour of democratic expression.

The way I see it you burn the flag, you attack the nation in a symbolic fashion.

Thus, burning the flag = crime.

P.S.

Hotshot, you're on...

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
The Brucemaster said:
The flag is the symbol of this nation and if you burn it you burn it because you have some violent objection to something about this nation. This isn't just 'some guy expressing his freedom of speech', the whole point of freedom of speech is to discourage violence in favour of democratic expression.

The way I see it you burn the flag, you attack the nation in a symbolic fashion.

Thus, burning the flag = crime.
If its a crime then what do you suggest as punishment?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
If its a crime then what do you suggest as punishment?
Surely it's enough that they burn in hell for offending our Lord and saviour?

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
i suggest we get them to make a new flag. MAKE, not buy. And we'll keep them at it till they make a really decent one. Then we'll force them to hang it on their house for all eternity. The ultimate punishment for retarded little mofos, wouldn't even be able to put the thread throught the needle. Muhaha.

-P_D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)