Flag Burners (1 Viewer)

Aryanbeauty

HSC
The flag means a lot to certain people such as soldiers. They should be sensitive to other people's feelings if they want others not to draw muhammad cartoon.

i dont know wat u racist aussies want from this guy... i understand ur racist and all, but the guy said his sorry and was reported to be brought the tears by the RSL leaders.

wat type of punishments do u wanna have? should he be whipped?? i thought australia wasnt gonna be under that sharia law...i guess there must be double standard for men of middle eastern appearance.

Gowr

HSC
I think you guys are trying to miss the point that I was trying to make...

I do not give a shit whether this guy was Lebanese of not. I only made specific mention to it to make a point of how our country is sanctuary for all people. What I am pissed off about is the fact that there has been little or no punishment for the flag burning. And yes, the 'jail time' reference was there as hyperbole. By saying it I was not advocating it as a punishment, but rather using it to highlight the fact that a more serious punishment was required...

All these accusations of racism, and then the unfortunate displays of racism by some members on the forum are ridiculous - I did not start this thread for people to start bashing people of other ethnicities...

*hopeful*

HSC
i dont think its right to burn a flag, its extremely rude but to some people, thugs or no thugs, its pretty much equivalent to making up a 'rude kekeke' version of the national anthem...not really a big deal for them as it means different things to different people

the dumb teenager was being just that, a dumb teenager, i highly doubt that he was thinking about the ramifications of what he was doing, ie disrespecting soldiers etc

*hopeful*

HSC
also i dont see how jail time would have any kind of positive impact on a flag-burner, it would be more appropriate to have them sit down and be taught about what the flag means and represents...

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Flag burning itself shouldn't be punished. Although I wonder if the population would hypothetically vote in favour of it being punishable.

I'm an amendment to be, yes an amendment to be, and I'm hopin' that they'll ratify me. There's a lot of flag burners who have got too much freedom. I wanna make it legal for policemen to beat 'em, cause there's limits to our liberties. 'Least I hope and pray that there are, 'cause those liberal freaks go too far.

kid: Well why can't we just make a law against flag burning?

Amendment: Because that law would be unconstitutional.
But if we changed the Constitution...

kid: Then we could make all sorts of crazy laws!

Amendment: Now you're catching on!

Kid: What if people say you're not good enough to be in the Constitution?

Amendment (singing): Then I'll crush all opposition to me, and I'll make Ted Kennedy pay. If he fights back, I'll say that he's gay.

Congressman: Good news, Amendment! They ratified ya! You're in the U.S. Constitution.

Amendment: Oh yeah! Door's open, boys.

The issue here isnt whether burning the flag (or watever u see it as) wrong or not. obviously its wrong and the most disrespectful act one can commit to a nation.

wat happened when them aboriginals burned the australian flag? there wasnt nearly as much hype as this.

Gowr says:

"this neither excuses nor diminishes the severity of the retaliation of the Lebanese community"

"this person is shunning the country that gave his family sanctuary from the Hezbollah controlled shithole of Lebanon "

This is about the adequite punishment for the "lebanese" retaliation to the cronulla riots. Its just part of the discussion about the punishment the the people who retaliated should receive, if it wasnt the race of the flag burner didnt even need to be brought up.

People are demanding extreme punishment, life in prison, hanging? putting this on par with murder gone unpunished, however this young person, did the act in abnormal circumstances (retaliation, peer pressure), he was sentenced, did wat he was ordered to do, and is very remorseful, plus he has been punished by the media. Of coarse this doesnt get him off and wipe off the crime from his record, but he has been punished. Maybe in the future the laws should be changed to harshen the penalties for the crime, u shouldnt crucify this person.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Just a flag - people burn flags all the time - does it mean? that they are burning 'freedom'? NO

Its a flag, a piece plastic (highly likely) flag with UNION JACK - symbolising the fucken the POMS who ruined the entire world.

BURNING the flag means death to the POMS -- WAIT FOR THE ASHES.. The ashes of the burnt flag will be RETURNED TO AUSTRALIA .. (fuck warne for dropping sitters).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the male apologised to the RSL members - i dont think a public apology is necessary. Until John howard represetning the Australian government apologies to the aborigine, then make this kid apologise.

If it was an australian who burnt the flag - nothing much would have been of the situation. Get over it - shit happens.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
codereder said:
The issue here isnt whether burning the flag (or watever u see it as) wrong or not. obviously its wrong and the most disrespectful act one can commit to a nation.
It's not the most disrespectful act one can commit to a nation, and in the right circumstances it wouldn't be wrong either. In my opinion, burning the flag may be appropriate in certain situations (although it would be likely that a government that would cause me to consider doing this would have outlawed flag burning to begin with). With the current government, I certainly don't think burning the flag is appropriate. However, obviously every individual is not ideologically similar, and someone may have severe issues with this government. If they wanted to burn a flag because of this, I don't think it would be a given that this action was wrong. This person should be able to do whatever they want, one person may call it wrong and another may call it right. It is not obvious that this action is wrong.

As for the "most disrespectful act one can commit to a nation" comment, I could certainly come up with a long list of acts that I would consider more disrespectful. I'll start with the assassination of the head of state.

wat happened when them aboriginals burned the australian flag? there wasnt nearly as much hype as this.
There was some, because John Howard said they should be allowed to do it.
He was right.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
HotShot said:
Just a flag - people burn flags all the time - does it mean? that they are burning 'freedom'? NO

Its a flag, a piece plastic (highly likely) flag with UNION JACK - symbolising the fucken the POMS who ruined the entire world.

BURNING the flag means death to the POMS -- WAIT FOR THE ASHES.. The ashes of the burnt flag will be RETURNED TO AUSTRALIA .. (fuck warne for dropping sitters).

You come up with the most irrelevant and trivial shit sometimes. Stop it.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
i think the guy who burnt the flag is stupid
i think the media is stupid for giving it so much attention
i think the politicians who commented on it are stupid
i think the person who started this thread is stupid
i think im stupid for replying

HotShot

-_-
HSC
onebytwo said:
i think the guy who burnt the flag is stupid
i think the media is stupid for giving it so much attention
i think the politicians who commented on it are stupid
i think the person who started this thread is stupid
i think im stupid for replying
spot on.

A 17yrd old lebanese kid burns a flag and gets so much attention - over the all other more important incidents occuring in Australia.

like did u know that two people were burnt alive?

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
HotShot said:

People fought under the flag to defend our freedoms, and it embodies Australian values, cheif among these being liberty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aryanbeauty

HSC
codereder said:
i dont know wat u racist aussies want from this guy... i understand ur racist and all, but the guy said his sorry and was reported to be brought the tears by the RSL leaders.
Crocodile tears

wat type of punishments do u wanna have? should he be whipped?? i thought australia wasnt gonna be under that sharia law...i guess there must be double standard for men of middle eastern appearance.

Crucify him! :rofl:

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Calculon said:
People fought under the flag to defend our freedoms, and it embodies Australian values, cheif among these being liberty.
are you saying that if the flag didnt exist? that they wouldnt have fought for freedom?

people fight out of fear or they feel its exciting new prospect. most people in WWI volunteered - not to because to protect freedom - freedom was never under threat in Australia -but for two reason:

- to help the poms (and the poms pretty much forced australia to help)
- and because they were was a war going on - people at the time felt heroic to be part of one.

the flag represents Australia the country - it doesnt need to symbolise freedom. It just shows that this belongs to Australia.

HSC
is this really about the "flag burners" or about what you people think the Australian flag symbolises?

HSC
HotShot said:

quote]

That was amazingly irrelevant. You think the British ruined the entire world? You do realise calling them Poms is racist in this context don't you? You shouldn't go around implying that this flag burning issue is a racist issue if you are going to be a racist yourself.

gerhard

HSC
really the only time australians died to protect our freedoms was world war 2. all the others australians died for stupid shit.

HSC
Schroedinger said:
I can't even put into words how... just... wow. What... I mean... how?

it

you can't
no. that's... why?
lol..umm ...

he said the wars they were involved in were stupid.. therefore the people died for no reason.. whats so hard to understand? is it the fact that you think every war Australia is involved in is coz the soldiers are trying to protect the country and its citizens?

if you think that Australia was involved in other wars that were to protect Australians then please state them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)