• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Flying Flag banned (5 Viewers)

rantman

HSC
N/A
transcendent said:
Same thing happened when the vietnamese in Cabramatta tried to fly the South Vietnamese flag because they still bare a grudge for Communist Vietnam.
Justingfingly so.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I hope that Taiwan Province will not be allowed to compete as their own team at the 2008 Games. Either they wear the uniform and carry the Flag of the Peoples Republic, or they don't compete.

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
Xayma said:
Depends on your definition of nation, which can differ from the definition of country.

But the point would more be, that there was no Aboriginal team competing with that flag in the games.

yes but cathy freeman was an aboriginal person. There couldn't have been an 'aboriginal team' or an 'aboriginal nation' because white people invaded and took over hundreds of years bofore the event- not her fault. Can't aboriginies recieve some kind of recognition for existing? People should reognise the aboriginal flag as being an Australian flag because aboriginies are the original owners of what is now Australian land.

Mejc

CSAK AZ ETO
HSC
i know that in Rumania they won't allow for the Hungarian flag to be flown in Transylvania (aka Erdely)

waterfowl

HSC
miaomiao said:
yes but cathy freeman was an aboriginal person. There couldn't have been an 'aboriginal team' or an 'aboriginal nation' because white people invaded and took over hundreds of years bofore the event- not her fault. Can't aboriginies recieve some kind of recognition for existing? People should reognise the aboriginal flag as being an Australian flag because aboriginies are the original owners of what is now Australian land.
There probably could have been an Aboriginal team...I'm sure if they put their minds to it they could create one legally and all that.

Was it in 1994 that she did this? Because if it was, the Aboriginal Flag was not a legal flag in Australia yet - thats why there would have been 'uproar'.

""The Australian aboriginal flag was designed in 1971 by Harold Thomas, an aboriginal Australian artist. In 1995 it was officially accepted by the Australian government to be legally "a Flag of Australia". ""
http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Aboriginal+flag

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
lol i was walking through redfern on Australia Day (dont ask why i was there lol) waving an Australian flag with "I still call australia home" blurting from my phone. "Why dont all you white fu*ks just go die" " dont you wave that fu*king flag on this land"

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
rantman said:
i read in the newspaper somewhere that some taiwan ppl wanted to fly the taiwanese flag in a public shopping space but the chinese government complained about it to the australian government and it was banned by the local council
that's just a political issue. i don't know why, but apparently Taiwanese flag is banned in China.

tattoodguy

fucking helll....

if u love ur old shittty country so much...................please fuck offff......

i dont want ur stinking flags, foood, clothing, religions or cultures here...

fly the australian flag..........and learn to fit in........or pisss offff.

stop ruining this country u fucking dirts.

and btw......i saw that...old digger on a current affair........and some useless fuck.....made a complaint to make him remove his flag.

That is so fucking offensive..............the dude put his life on the line and shit for the country...................and some worthlesss little whinger.........goes and complains.....

Diggers shoudl be aloud to paint their fucking houses with the austrlaian flag let alone erect a little flag pole.......they earned the right..............

if you want to complain about someone flying the australian flag...........especially a fucking digger.........................u dnot deser4ve to live here as far as im concerned...................

What sort of country do we live in........................the fucking immigrants are destroying this country.

there not australian......................they dont look or act australian.............but because our government.....wants more taxes.....or whatever the fuck.......it gives them a certicate..calling them australian.................fucking helll.

Like the government..................murders 1000's of diggers (total sick cunts) and shit...........sends them to war...................to stop a fucking invasion...ww1 and 2 or whatever.....and then opens the flood gates to all these scummers..

Its fucking bull shit.................we need to defend our borders..........we are being invaded...every fucking day.........jesus christ.

the government and immigratns..work hand in hand to destroy this country.

Im not saying the dude who complained was an immigrant.............but its all the same shit..................anti australian.......anti patriotic...and.......immmigrants..who refuse to fit in..with our culture.............. .there fucking useless and they fucking shit me offf.

I also hate all those traitors..who want to side with all the stinking immigrants and crucify me for telling the truth. u politically correct dooosh bags...........fuck u.

Anyone want to make a politicaly party with me?

waterfowl

HSC
OK I'm not entirely agreeable with your views /\ /\

but it is a disgrace that someone would complain about an old digger flying the Aussie flag.

I also think that many Aussies aren't as patriotic as they should be.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Not in those exact words, but I certainly side with you over the views of many others.

The fact that a Digger isn't allowed to fly his flag is a slap in the face to every serviceman and woman. It's saying, 'Look we want you to defend every man woman and child living on Ausrtralia soil, we want you to watch your mates die, and perhaps even lay down your own life for this country. Just don't come back here and expect gratitude, you can forget patriotism and don't even think of flying the flag you served under, it might offend some other nationalities'

This really makes my blood boil. This is Australia. We will fly our flag in every bloody sqaure metre if we feel the need to. If you find the Australian flag offensive, if you find English such an embarassment to learn, if you find out cuture and ways so repugnat, that you refuse to adapt to them, then you clearly got off in the wrong Country. If you do not like the Australian culture, then I'll take you to the bloody airport myself and send you on your merry way home, to a much better life, away from the horrible, filthy Australians.

It's a disgrace that we allow some of these people to live in this country. People who come in, and then complain about every asspect of our culture. You know, there was a time when it was manditory for children in primary school to speak english in class. These days, not only is it not a rule that english be the language in which people converse in the classroom, but they're being encouraged to speak their native tounge over the Australian Language. It's a disgrace.

People who refuse to adapt to the Australian way of life shouldn't be here. It should not be Australia who must bend over backwards to accommodate people who refuse to compromise. This flag issue was the last straw.

Australia: Love it or Leave it.

Live with it, this is Australia. Not Asia. Not the Middle East. Not Europe. Not the Americas. THIS IS AUSTRALIA

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
If I were to go and live in another nation, I'd adopt their way of life. However, I have no intention of doing as such, which is why I am remaining right where I am. My point is, if you are to move permenatly to another country, you adopt their language and culture, not the other way around. I am not saying we are a tolerant society, I know we aren't, however we are, relative to many other nations, rather moderate in our tolerance. However, like I said, I appreciate we are not overly tolerant (I include myself in that catagory), but if we were to be in any other nation, we'd be expected to adapt to our new country, theres no way that they would change to benifit people who'd been there a whole five minutes.

As for the Australian Flag, well I actually believe it does encapulate Australia. It is a symbol of our national idenity, of who we are. Especially in relation to our Diggers who fought for this country under that flag. If it it nothing more than a piece of material, then why do people become so offended when others burn their flag? Why do people burn them to begin with? Why are war veterans buried with an Australian Flag? Because it is a symbol of your national idenity.

As for the Australian way of life, I simply ment our traditions, our culture. I work at the airport, and while they're celebrating Chinese New Year, Australia Day was conveniantly forgotten. It is small things like this that really shit me, the fact we bypass Australian traditions out of fear of offending the vocal minority of immigrants. It's like the Christmas day fiasco all over again.

Generator

HSC
N/A
White Rabbit said:
As for the Australian way of life, I simply ment our traditions, our culture. I work at the airport, and while they're celebrating Chinese New Year, Australia Day was conveniantly forgotten. It is small things like this that really shit me, the fact we bypass Australian traditions out of fear of offending the vocal minority of immigrants. It's like the Christmas day fiasco all over again.
Meanwhile, the rest of the country was involved in a sickening display of nationalistic pride...

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Ok, you edited.

First off, as I said above, I love this nation and have no intention of every leaving it.

Second, as usual with these arguments, you've decided to impy I'm a racist. Fine, imply away, after years of copping abuse for simply being an Australian, I probably I am. However, that is not what my posts state.

My dislike extends to people who immigrate to Australia and not only refuse to try and adapt to this country and her people (like learning english), but look down upon us as though we were something the cat dragged in.

But you want to label me racist? Fine. I've been called a racist my entire life, not because I believe myself to be superior simply because of my race, but because I was raised with the problems spawned by multiculturalism. Because I have been subject to racial riddicule because I am Australian. However, regardless of the fact that people love to throw the term racist round in arguments, I am no a fundementally racist person. I see problems and I have my views but I do not stand up and say that race is the primary determinant of the human traits and capacities, and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a paticular race. No, I live in these so-call multicultural melting pots and a I live day in day out with the problems. And those who try and shut the likes of me up are those who either have a vested interest in Multicultralism or they come from the leafy suburbs far far away from the problems created.

The real racists in this country are those who view culture as so reugnant that they see assimilation as some kind of a sin.

However, so many people refuse. They refuse to try and intergate into society, learn our language - and this is were problems are created. Deep cultural clashes and values that need addressing. We we get close to it, it is always Australians who are the ones who suffer. We need to stop this, give up that, as to not offend the vocal minority. That is to say those who come here, keep parts of their culture but do not tell Australians they need to give up theres, who learn English and who allow themselves to intergrate into our our society, I have no problem with. As I said: VOCAL MINORITY

But it all comes back to Political Correctness - stopping free speech and rewriting history in order to suit a nosy minority. I've had enough. Pure and simple.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
First question: No, I have no intention of moving outside of Australia. Yes, I'd like to see the world, but my argument is on perminant residents, or those who have come here permenantly. If I was to ever visit a non-english speaking nation, then yes, I'd try to learn basics. If I was to go on a working holiday or for a fair length of time, then yes, I'd learn the language. Because it is what I'd expect of them coming into Australia and it would make life a hell of alot easier.

Second - Not if I moved there permanatly, it would be my new home. Like I said, I'd never do it.

Dual citizens are different, I know of many and are usually as a result of their parents being of different backgrounds. Now, like I said, I don't mind immgrants, it's only when they refuse to try and adapt to Australia. Duals would fall under the same catagory. But I'll admit, I've never really given it thought.

You see, people like your mum aren't the people I have a problem with. It's those who flatly refuse to try and intergrate into our society. Who feel our culture is filthy and that they are somehow above it, and would never take it on. I'm sure your mum is a lovley lady, and that there is thousands more like her, however, unfortunalty, it's the vocal minority we see, its the bad ones we remember. I live in a largley immigrant area and I see the problems multiculturalism causes.

I'm not saying they shouldn't celebrate Chinese New Year, go for it. My point was Australia Day was not even acknolweged at the airport, wereas CNY festivities have already begun. I was angry that SACL and my bosses felt it was fine to ignore a National Day, yet they will celebrate a foreign holiday.

If I were to ever relocate to asia, yes, I would learn the language. As I said, for me and them.

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
Deal with it. It's happening before you're eyes. :uhhuh:

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I don't think the Australian culture is best, I love it, but I do not believe it to be 'Best'.

I do, however, think that this being Australia, that immigrants should try to adapt to our before we bend over backwards to accommodate theres. Yes, I am very proud of my culture, but I don't think it is 'better' than other cultures.

There are so many problems in our society that people just won't touch out of fear of being labeled, or because they live so far away from it and just dont see it. And these problems are cultural ones, of cultures clashing and the problems growing and growing because nobody is prepared to fix them

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
miaomiao --> unless you have something constructive to say, feel free to crawl back under your rock..

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
Culture doesn't stay the same. It evolves and that's what's happening in Australia. Like I said: deal with it.

Generator

HSC
N/A
The Australian 'culture' is inclusive, not exclusive, white rabbit. If you do not like the dynamic nature of our national character, then just go and vote for the Nationals or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)